Hornby GRESLEY A4 Collection

mick

3 hours ago, Storm trooper said:

I don’t worry about themes or scale it’s important to enjoy your hobby and trains I run my flying Scotsman with my class 66 and sometimes I run my Thomas tank engine collection lol.

I agree entirely. It's all about enjoying the hobby in the way that suits you best and of course, there's nothing wrong with running Flying Scotsman alongside your Class 66 though you might be stretching it a bit with some of the Thomas collection! 😀

I suppose I belong somewhere in the middle ground of the hobby where I'm not into all the gimmicky things and Trackmat style layouts but not up there with the serious modelling side either. I wouldn't have any concerns about running any of the A4's outdoors alongside any other loco or having an A4 hauling coaches that it perhaps never has. I'm here to enjoy it too but the A4's have always been a collecting bug and I've never really had the intention of running many of them.

Some modellers enjoy busy layouts with stations and goods yards and lots of loco's on show working simultaneously whereas I prefer a long stretch of main line and watching a single train passing by. It's a hobby for everyone to share.

• Thanks 1