Maximilianshafen

ThomasI

Hi Thomas, nice job done building your own points with help from your friend, what sort of sleepers did you use and the radius of the curved point , they must be at least 18inches long, did you make a jig first, I am thinking of making some of my own points as well to save some money.

Next weekend I be going to my train club to run the TGV with the br car be pure awesome going to as well have all the cars on 15 car TGV.

How is the progress of your layout going outside.

Best wishes, Tony from down under.

Hello @all.

The sleepers are made of copper-coated plastic. The rails are brazed.

The larger radius of the curved point is 1775 mm, the other is 1340 mm. 

The curved turnout is based on my track plan and is individual. The other points correspond to a German standard switch EW300. EW means standard point and the 300 means a radius of 300 metres which means 3448 mm in H0. This is something you have to build, the largest ready-to-buy turnouts in H0 (Tillig, Mein Gleis) correspond to just a EW190 = radius 2200mm.

The progress is slow because we have between 88°F und 103°F here at the moment. 

Best Regards 

Thomas 

Hi Thomas, way to go those brass coated strips I use them on the track module joins, have to cut a grove to stop the shorts,

Ouch that is 39 degrees in  ours no wonder you are slowing down , I send you some of our cool weather being windy here  for most of the day not good for asthmatics, I am back into the bus wiring working on the first station module, the key once done be able to test run the first loco.

They be awesome to see a train run through those points, I am thinking of building my own curved points, Peco don't have a decent large radius point at all, biggest one has a 5foot curve and 30inch second curve I would a three foot radius 4foot radius curve point.

Tony from down under keeping on moving ahead

Hi Thomas, no has being like that for years Celsius a pain all should be the same world wide, we be in trouble if our winters dropped down to your temps , cold here this morning 7 degrees, our weather station has packed up, where they take the reading is at Amberley RAAF base, a couple of degree difference, the coldest winter was a couple of years back dropped down to minus 6, black ice on the cars.

Was watching us play Germany yesterday afternoon soccer and you can see the players sweating, they were giving players  a rest both teams bringing others out, sadly your team was stronger, lost by one point good game, like soccer a skilled game indeed, don't like the other footy games.

Full swing into the layout this week and over the weekend, aiming to get half the layout up and running as promised the end of June, doing a video of the big moment, won't have my control panel built by then, aining for Christmas to have the whole layout up and running over 3 years in the making.

Tony from down under keeping on moving ahead

Edited by aussietmrail

• 2 weeks later...

Morning Thomas, awesome curves trains have no problems at  speed  running on that large radius, looks at least 12feet, I have only one curve at that radius was meant to be a viaduct bridge.

I bought another loco  on I have being trying to get for ages, at the time when it first came out  wasn't interested, seeing the loco in the video had to have it arrived Friday, pics on my post.

Tony from very cold down under 1.4 degrees. this morning.

• 1 month later...

Morning Thomas,, have you sent Mick a message to find out what the problem is, a couple of weekes back there  was an issue with the forum, I thought it may of been win 10 update few other members were saying they had trouble too,

I had a big win10 update a wek back and it knocked out spell chech, the only way to fix it was switch from Edge to Google Chrome and bing go  spell check back a lot faster as well my son loves chrome. 

A big mile stone, I have reached the car port wall six inch track centre, have marked the sides of the thirs module that is on the car port floor and the curve after the is about a couple of inches off the floor.

Working on a new project, modelling santa Fe's Super Chief 4 F/7 class locos two A's and two B's 13 passenger car, my uncle gave me his trains and he had 4 F7/A's I am waiting  for tow F7/Bshell;s to arrive and the fun begians, have got the the new Amtrak super liners 9 of them and the AMD103 locos name being changed to South west Chief, both together will look good sidding either side of the Island platforms on my iun my station complex, have a new post going in members workbench thread.

Hope you can get the picture problem sorte out , love to see those curves set up on your layout.

Tony from Down under.keepiung on moving ahead

• 3 weeks later...

Painting the curves with car paint is very time consuming. Every layer needs 72 hours before it is totally dry. And you need 3 layers on both sides.... 

And the curves have 3 to 4 parts and for more than 2 parts I've no space to let them dry at the same time... 

And in the first curve I want to make the whole curve as bridge now, looks more elegant. But I've to change the pillars. 

I started to create new pillars, but then my brother needs help on his farm and now it rains since two weeks... 😉 

... so I have curves and pillars but it's to wet to make the concrete base for the new pillars.

Be looking forward to  seeing some pics of your huge curves, that is the trouble with nature if you want timber to last you have to put the work into it, I know of a bloke in this forum in Australia that nearly had his HO scale garden railway nearly finished but the hot summer heart and mainly humidity badly warped his base boards , he had to rip it out was so bad very sad .

Those large radius curves will make great viaducts..

I am not sure if you have being reading my post, I have had a very bad week, starting with my son losing the fight with MP, I wont go into any more detail on your post all on mine , be back into the layout construction on Sunday. back again Wednesday  dentist appointment Monday every few days now want the layout up and running by Christmas.

Tony from down under keeping on moving ahead.

Hello Tony! 

It seems I missed a few posts and / or because of the abbreviation did not immediately understand what you wrote here.

I do not want to lose many words here, but I am very sorry to hear that. I can understand what you are going through. Although I have not lost a child yet, sadly I have none, but I lost two people of whom I thought they were the partner for life.

Most sincerely 

Thomas 

PS. I'm sorry if that sounds a little "stiff", but as an autist, it is hard for me to express emotions and even harder in a foreign language.

Edited by ThomasI

Hi Thomas, many thanks for the kind words, English is the hardest language to learn,I still having problems rely on spell check,  I switched over to Chrome because the last big win 10  update  knocked it out in edge, would be hard alright many thanks, I also lost an Uncle to cancer in August we were  pretty close., know what you are going through.

How did you go with loading pics onto your thread .

I won't be using my lap top much now switching over to my sons computer gee it has some grunt, was built for gamin I be able to play some games I couldn't play on the lap top.

I be back into my layout this week, at least most of the heavy stuff is out the way.

Hello Tony! 

As you can see pictures works. 

The painted curves wait for Installation. Today weather is fine, but it's Sunday. 

If it goes to languages I think the worst thing is German and Russian...😉 

With autism you've always a blockade to express yourself. Many autist a uncapable to speak at all. But you can learn that and in written communication it's easier but if it's comes to emotions it's always complicated because we have no instinct for what sounds appropriate. You also can learn that at least as your autism cames along with a nice things like high IQ. 

But for every new language you must start again with zero. So if it's comes to spoken languages I can three and a little Italien, if you communicate on a written way like here I can do that in 8 languages. 

As a child, it is difficult because  with every social Interaktion you look rather stupid to peers. As a bonus come things like that one has a photographic memory or can read a whole paragraph at once. And above all, you never forget the information you have taken with interest and the memories are linked as much as the articles on Wikipedia.As an adult, I still can not understand your facial expressions (so whether you're angry or happy) but I can compare your facial expressions with countless facial expressions stored in my memory, where I know what was felt. And that works the longer you live the better.

Best Regards 

Thomas 

15056522476971521035678.jpg

15056522825861106525910.jpg

Edited by ThomasI

Hi Thomas, your progrees on the curves are coming along nicely ca see where you have rased one end of the curve track going to look pure awesome to see an express trn fly around them at scale speed and the progress on the constuction of the track teck movine more and more into the garden , do you have  a big  block of land  and is it flat, like the plants too, my yard sloops upwards too steep for model trains would heve to have a couple of spirals to reach the back fence, need to win the lotto .

.You did well building those points longer the better with high speed trains.

I might manage to get some work done on the layout tomorrow painting the two modules, we are having a tast of summer this weekend sunday and Mondy very hot 38 degrees, I have lots to do inside the nice coll hobby room willwork on the ship plan, sent DFDS Seaways an emaile to see if they an help in sending me a plan of the Ro, Ro ship I want to model, huge model 2.150 meters long, beam 300mm height 298mm to water line.

Edited by aussietmrail

Actual railhead at "Triple Level Crossing - Second Level Bridge" 

and construction site a "Triple Level Crossing"

The platform is the place were the curved "Second Level Bridge" will pass the 4 track conventional line on 1. Level. 

I planned the two HSL (they diverge little bit to the right to create a loop) on top of that, but a the moment I think about let one of them passing in a tunnel a new level zero. 

That will let it become "Quadruple Level Crossing" 

15059877118851286261226.jpg

15059877852702040090522.jpg

A wooden pillar with first paint. 

Only at the transition between two curve segments are wooden pillars installed.

Inbetween only pillars of foam plates.The centimeter measure shows the later level of the ground. 

The gray pillar behind the new erected one is from the first curve which was crashed by neighbours tree. 

It will be cut down later. 

1506007254800638672050.jpg

15060073129151836321757.jpg

1506007371966953798957.jpg

Edited by ThomasI