Maximilianshafen

ThomasI

So, where I'm really on the building I have decided immediately to change the ramp from the "passage to the outside" down to the depot.
This allows me to even add an additional track in the parking yard.
So demolition, reconstruction, new construction ...

15527637852161812754169652457785.jpg

15527638147532473147410737913143.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Thomas, WOW  that is pure awesome, how many boxes of track did you go through, are the Peco Flexie track boxes cheaper in Germany, very dear over here to buy a box of 25  flexie  track, $160 in a hobby shop, I managed to get a box from Perth on eBay for $110 each, bought two boxes, have three boxes. Hopefully enough to do my layout stage one.

Can you walk on that ply to access the track on the closest to the wall, or will you build a walk way you can slide sideways.

It is still hot and humid over here, yesterday was humid , we had heavy rain late afternoon,good for the grass which is coming back slowly.

I think its us modelers have a habit in changing the layout track plan, I have also done that by  moving the spiral and changing the bridge approaches to curve track decking, takes out too much straight sections, see on my post latest pics update.

Tony from warm down under 34 degrees today, train club meet tomorrow .

30 minutes ago, aussietmrail said:

Hi Thomas, WOW  that is pure awesome, how many boxes of track did you go through, are the Peco Flexie track boxes cheaper in Germany, very dear over here to buy a box of 25  flexie  track, $160 in a hobby shop, I managed to get a box from Perth on eBay for $110 each, bought two boxes, have three boxes. Hopefully enough to do my layout stage one.

Can you walk on that ply to access the track on the closest to the wall, or will you build a walk way you can slide sideways.

It is still hot and humid over here, yesterday was humid , we had heavy rain late afternoon,good for the grass which is coming back slowly.

I think its us modelers have a habit in changing the layout track plan, I have also done that by  moving the spiral and changing the bridge approaches to curve track decking, takes out too much straight sections, see on my post latest pics update.

Tony from warm down under 34 degrees today, train club meet tomorrow .

Hello Tony!
I have consumed all the remainders of my Fleischmann Profi Flex Track inside.
But I'm running out of supplies.
Otherwise, I use GT Code 100 flex track.
Only the switches I have from Peco.
I'm using Code 83 tracks outdoors and mostly by Tillig, Zeitgeist Models and Roco. Peco Code 83 track doesn't work with European rolling stock.

So I have no idea what Peco flexible track here in Germany currently cost, but I just wonder if I do not order again before the Brexit strikes.

Because so far, I have always taken my Peco tracks directly from England. The EU made possible.

And there they are definitely cheaper than here.

Yes I can go on the ply, that carries me and also the track of Fleischmann allows that one can step on it carefully and it carries one. 

Thomas from rainy and cold Germany 

Hello everybody!
Because I did not feel like tarpaulin up and down the tarp, I also covered the part of the outdoor layout, which will be even longer in construction.
In addition, I'm in there to build the substructure of the first upper level as well as various connection ramps.
Also outside at the HSL with slab track ..

Regards Thomas 

IMG_20190321_153425.jpg

IMG_20190321_153421.jpg

IMG_20190321_153310.jpg

IMG_20190321_153246.jpg

IMG-20190320-WA0001.jpeg

• Like 1

On 17/03/2019 at 22:45, ThomasI said:

....So I have no idea what Peco flexible track here in Germany currently cost, but I just wonder if I do not order again before the Brexit strikes....

Oh I wouldn't worry too much about that Thomas. I think our Government began the Brexit process before you started construction of your layout and it doesn't appear that they've got the first length of track laid down yet. You're miles ahead.

It's all looking really good (your layout that is - not the Brexit process) and it's going to be fabulous when you get those first trains running. Now that the winter is all but past there should be no stopping you. If ever you fancy a job in government the address is No 10.......!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mick said:

Oh I wouldn't worry too much about that Thomas. I think our Government began the Brexit process before you started construction of your layout and it doesn't appear that they've got the first length of track laid down yet. You're miles ahead.

It's all looking really good (your layout that is - not the Brexit process) and it's going to be fabulous when you get those first trains running. Now that the winter is all but past there should be no stopping you. If ever you fancy a job in government the address is No 10.......!!

I fear more, the politicians derailed the train even before a track was laid. 😂
Sometimes I have (and not only because of Brexit) the weird feeling much of what seemed safe on achievements like peace, prosperity, freedom, security and equality crumbles away in all directions.

Nevertheless, the erection of the structures of the first upper level, to which I would like to hang the ramps above the lowest level by means of threaded rods, shows further progress.

15536126891666168038799975404166.jpg

15536127355067839289505277429481.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Thomas, what you are doing is pure awesome , the amount of track you have, it be mind blowing to see those high speed  trains come in and leave, hat sort of freight trains you be running any container trains are they long of in Germany, longer the better the way I like to run trains ..

You be having train that high up wow need as big spiral   it is cooling down here, in the low 30's and mid 20's next week, be working on my bridge cutting out the arches in one full piece.

Be great to get back to Camdale  again .

Tony from down under, keep the great work up and pics flowing 

Worked a bit further on the other ends of the tunnel.
On the second picture one can already imagine how on the one hand the high speed line will run along the hedge and on the other hand the five tracks of the conventional routes will run onto the terrace where a train station will be. My dog is currently inspecting the track towards the train station.

15539590402404432272898639443583.jpg

1553959066221989713212931586631.jpg

Stunning! It gets better each time I drop by. There aren't too many layouts as expansive as this outdoors. I'm not sure I'd fancy the task of cleaning all that track before a running session though.

What are your ideas regarding operations? Cleaning the entire layout for a brief running session might become laborious so do you plan on having long sessions with a group of friends say? Indeed, will the layout be capable of operation by one person or require more?

Hello Mick
To my astonishment, the tracks pollute only very slowly.
Even over the winter, it has only become really dirty where a lot of leaves came to rest on the rails.
My plan is to have as few breaks as possible in the season and at least to send some cleaning trains regularly over the tracks.

The topic of rail cleaning has driven me so far, however, that I have decided to set up only catenary poles and not to put up wire.

Since I still have not decided on a DCC control system at the moment, the layout is currently one that will be driven more or less with DCC handset = smartphone etc. and "on sight".
Of course, this is also possible with several players.

The problem with the control system is that on the one hand I do not feel like installing a lot of feedback sensors and track occupancy detectors, especially outside, but on the other hand there is only one system, which makes it possible to localize trains without such feedback.
However, this has disadvantages in the multi-level indoor part of my layout, and it also requires interference with the rolling stock because you have to mount a small transmitter on the roof somewhere in the train. This transmitter is not very big, but of course you do not want to drill a hole in the roof on expensive trains.
An acquaintance of mine works on a system where you put small RFID chips in the track and so the train can recognize its own position and report back via Railcom, but that will certainly take a few more years until it is operational.
So I'm still undecided ...

Finally, a few pictures of my indoor parking station under reconstruction. 

I relocate the ramps from outdoor to have more space for parking tracks. 

And you can see the first parts of the substructure for the upper levels.

Regards 

Thomas 

15540755897355402194444881023926.jpg

15540756358146698662100429615936.jpg

15540756591087102188714417810265.jpg

Hi Thomas, a very big WOW , you sure have a lot of track there agree with Mick, I can see in your last pic you have some standing room where you don't have to need to stand on the track,. Looking more at the last pic you will need a few more Spiral levels to got up to the top track, how how high is it .

Keep the good work up  and pics flowing , Tony from down under

So today it is cool and rainy again.
In addition, my stocks of cables in several colors are empty.
Still worked on the ramps from below and above to the passage in the garden.
The first suspension of a ramp tackled by means of threaded rods.

In addition, the "Ministry of Finance, Dogs, Environment and Garden Planning" requires that I bridge the valley of tulips as part of the HSL.
Since I have to come up with something for a 3.10m bridge.

15543018094567102123969274381569.jpg

15543018388271764629660657560190.jpg

15543018792387398222047741330176.jpg

I'm not surprised to hear you've run out of wires with all the track you've been laying down! At least it seems you've got plenty of other work to be getting on with indoors so the weather isn't such a problem.

Does the 3.10 metre gap across the 'Valley of the Tulips' have to be spanned without any central supports? I'm looking forward to seeing what ideas you come up with.

Hi Thomas, keep an eye on my bridge post as tomorrow be cutting the three arches of my arch bridge, it spans 14 feet, will be joining both ends up and screw the hangers to the rail deck be a big test and clamp the rail deck to the saw horses. Be adding a second arch a foot down to stop the hanger bowing .

You are very lucky to grow Tulips, we have to put the bulbs in the fridge to trick them, you don't have to, what time of the year to they flower.

Tony from down under.

Tomorrow I go to the modeling fair "Intermodellbau" in Dortmund. That's why today I've cleaned up the construction site a bit and brought everything to an end.
The ramps from the parking yard to the passage outside are again in, partly new, position and the track laid.
In addition, the first part of the ramp (with the two tracks) from the upper level to the parking yard and to the passage to the outside is finished.
In addition, I have  done the first preparatory work for the ramp from the passage to the upper level (which is the back which branches off from the switch, for me is right-hand traffic) and for the four-track expansion of the passage to the outside.

IMG_20190405_165848.jpg

IMG_20190405_165906.jpg

IMG_20190405_165921.jpg