Maximilianshafen

ThomasI

Hi Thomas, are you back home from visiting family in Northern Germany and back into your layout construction looking forward to seeing a video of your first train run be pure awesome.

Yeah it is quite hot here to for October, 36 degrees today and steamy already so no work out side yesterday it was 33 degrees in under the pergola, I changed some points and cross over to the new sadly small track plan in length, on Saturday added yet another small block .

Thanks for the info of your dog, a question will he respond to you if you spoke to him in English.

Be starting a new thread on my model Ro, Ro ship, finely worked out the hull height, very hard with out a proper plan to go by , the bridge height comes into it as well for clearance.

Another question do you know the European container heights are they the same height as the US ones, the Australian  containers are smaller in height.

A question do you know the heights of the European containers are they the same size of the US ones. 

Tony from down under keeping on moving ahead. 

The standard external height of UK containers is 8ft 6 inches, However there are Now "Hi-cubes" which are 9ft 6 inches tall, which why we are getting so many bridge strikes at the moment, when the lorry driver forgets his load is 1 ft higher than normal...

Hello Tony 

Yes I'm back, but now it's cold here. Ok it's November, so it should be cold. 

But I think with the outdoor part of my layout I'm in the winter pause now. 

The containers in Europe follows the international standards. 

Best Regards 

Thomas 

Hi Thomas, how cold is it now for November, it is quite mild over here, dropped down to 16 degrees today very unusual for this tie of the year, rain predicted all week, no work on the layout during the week we are in election mode here in QLD, election on the 25th of November, I am going out with a friend driving the MP's ute and trailer great job, go out for a few hours, I am booth Captain at one of the pooling booths too full on day.

This give you a chance to work on the railway station in the shed and kits, I have heaps of kits that belonged to my uncle,I have enough to model a country town, only needing to buy a church and corner pub, chance to ad in a branch line.

Hello Tony et all! 

The weather is wet, cold and gray. The photos show a perspective that will not go later. Then there is layout where I stood now.

You see the later bottleneck on my layout, the exit from the house to the three-level point.This route will only be double tracked and the only access from outside to the house.

I photographed out of the house into the garden.

Now the shadow station in the house will be completed.

Best Regards 

Thomas 

15101494165301045453478.jpg

1510149463292580356443.jpg

1510150028126967650991.jpg

Hi Thomas, looking good, be looking forward to seeing progress pics of your station complex, changes to my station may never be able to my version of Sydney Central station building , looking for another station building , came across this one , not bad, have you heard of the station , I like to get hold of more pics .

http://www.philobiblon.com/eisenbahn/hauptbahnhof.shtml

I be only having 5 terminus platform track but will still use two of the platforms for the Indian Pacific, splitting the train in half, lots of shunting, that train pulls 28 cars, only one service a week  now, no work on my layout I think I said Queensland Is on election mode and I am out with a friend  driving around in our  sitting MP's ute and pulling her trailer, great job, free coffee as well , voting day is on the 25th , two weeks left.

It is rainy here today, rest day, might be able to work on the layout tomorrow, want to get stuck into finishing off the new  front car port end corner module .

Hello Tony 

That station is totally self made by this guy. 

The architectural style is typical for Germany in the 1920s and 1930s until Hitler came to power. 

The central stations of Duisburg, Stuttgart, Kaliningrad or Oberhausen represent that style until today. 

Many more stations like these are gone in the war

Hi Thomas, not a bad station, I could use it, no pics of the platform side, yeah sadly that  happened during the war, I am still deciding what to do with my station building now,  don't think I will build the other three modules, it is starting to warm up as well.

Weekend off from the election campaign and it is raining and set in for the day, can't even do any painting on my two Santa Fe F7/B loco shells , they need to  have an undercoat, black shells, modelling Santa Fe's Super Chief , all 4 locos are powered be pure awesome when painted, at least the B locos are a plain silver colour with strips .

How are you going with your layout progress.

Tony from wet down under keeping on moving ahead.

10 hours ago, traingeekboy said:

The station deisgn is very interesting. The platforms are sort of an inversion of what one normally sees. 

It is called "Schwebende Hallenkonstruktion", literally suspended hall construction. The idea was to have a better deduction of steam and smoke. And that works.

Stuttgart and Duisburg still have them today, Düsseldorf and Oberhausen also had them but changed to a simple platform roofing or replaced by a new type of hall construction. 

Kaliningrad still had a conventional station hall and still has it today.

But Stuttgart will loose this when the new underground called Stuttgart21 is finished and also for Duisburg exist plans to renovate the station and create a new roof and buildings on top of the platforms. 

Edited by ThomasI
  • Like 1

Hi Thomas, I have agree with Griff, some of those station building are very stunning one I saw is a bit like the Marklin bloke designed but longer, called Hauptbahnhof has a clock above in the middle building  where the access is to the platform, I like the design, still figuring out what to do with my station building, could go that way, would need to see pic of the platform side.

It was a very rainy Saturday didn't do much, Sunday a lot better , did some work on fixing up my front corner module, with the set back in September and November , it be be April May before I will see a train run on my layout, full swing next week before it starts to get hot .

I am waiting for the ship owners to send me some plans of the ship I am modelling, will be building two models, need the plans for the hull shape  on the second model .

Who is the weather in Germany going getting cold now, send some cold weather my way, heading over to my post for an update.

Tony from down under keeping on moving ahead

• 2 weeks later...

I plan to use games-on-track which allows me to transmit the DCC signal and energy conventionally over the rails, which also allows me to send DCC signals to special receivers with ultrasound.

So I can also use and control battery-powered vehicles. Of course, I will use this advantage above all for clearing trains, be it to pick up dirt, snails or snow from the tracks ...

• 3 weeks later...

Morning Thomas , interesting about the DCC games on track, would like to know a bit more, does it clean the track as well, DC has a similar set up as well, sending great power through the track to burn any dirt on the track.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

With one of my projects I am   modelling  based on the British network track cleaner MPV loco modifying two DD40AX's  , one loco be powered and other a dummy , thinking  of battery powering that loco and radio control , to clean the track .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/31-577A-Bachmann-Windhoff-MPV-Multi-Purpose-Vehicle-Railtrack-Weathered-By-TMC-/261510001326

Christmas for you today , night time here 9.40pm , under three hours to Christmas , we are on holidays at Caloundra sunshine coast , the unit i in a great view in watching ships going past, Port Of Brisbane not far, took lots of pics on my new iPhone 8plus, forgot the big digital SLR camera , had a very good zoom 1400mm, coming back in July next year, got a free night will use it 8 nights.

Have a merry Christmas .