Maximilianshafen

ThomasI

So, my friend Manuel now has the ambition to make the high speed crossovers all weatherproof. Of course, I can not say if he can do it until the end of the gardening season this year.

I'll lose a lot of time.
But today I've demolished the substructure that had been damaged by dismantling the switch and rebuilt it.

Now all I have to do is hope that Manuel gets there fast.

Edited by ThomasI

So, after the frustration has passed and the summer has come back to Germany, I start in the next corner of the garden with the further construction.

The curve sections of all tracks will run in tunnels, since the curves are relatively narrow and also because they are practically behind and under the bush in the garden corner.

The top two red tracks on the map belong to the high-speed line, which is about 100mm higher than the conventional main line, which represents the two lower violet tracks on the plan.
The upper violet track and the two lower red tracks branch off to the left (not on the plan) from the high-speed line and are in a downgrade to connect to the other main lines below the plan.

15354642227575444995526358934415.jpg

15354642804969151847623004438735.jpg

• Like 1

Good news Thomas, I said if you keep at it , will all come together, same happens with me and my issues.

Had a big short on one block pulled out the electrofrg point and a switch that switched half the block to find the wires at the other end of the module was touching, spent all day Sunday putting the point back and changing the two switches to plugs, Peco have an isolating switch will buy that in the near future.

Back to the wiring of the modules today, question what program do you use the print out those plans, I did have a CAD program years ago wouldn't work for win 7.

High speed cross overs, can't wait to see it when finished, water prof as well, I won't have that issue with my layout being a module set up.

Tony from sunny down under, still cool in the morning, 

Early Morning Thomas, Wow those high speed points are huge , be awesome seeing a train go through them at high speed, how long are they , great news they are fixed, full speed ahead. I have sorted out my electrical faults in one of the modules and switch to switch a block mid stream, on two blocks now,as close as I can get to DCC using DC, will be posting more pics when I change the led light from the switch to the track each side  tonight my time.

The second module is the start of the station complex, I can't wait to actually drive my 28 car Indian Pacific into platforms 2 and 3, I be asking a loco men's shed if they can help me with speeding up in the setting up of the smaller decking of the  layout, hope one of the members into model trains.

How are you going on the curve decking beyond the bridge.

Tony form cloudy down unbder

IMG_1861.jpg

• Like 1

Hello Tony!

Speaking of the curve decking beyond the bridge, this has been in place for five minutes, once the glue and cement are stable, it's time to lay the tracks.

But your progress is also very considerable, I really like such generous and extensive station facilities.

Regards

Thomas

153613757340211609249890641392.jpg

153613759935326473126171012773.jpg

Hi Thomas, thanks wow you sure have come a long way since I was on last,  the L shape corner section is that where the tunnel be going, as for curves I make what space you have, when it comes to planning my layout I made sure I could fit in the biggest curves I could.

Those ballast section saves time and no mess with ballast, I won't be having any ballast on my layout being a module layout shifting the modules and other sections.

I am doing the same as you are with your curve sections , mine are ply can join them up when laying track on saw horses ti save getting that sore back.

How much did you pay for that servo is it 12 volts, any cheaper than the peco point motors.

Heading over to my post to post the latest pics of my progress.

Tony from down under.

17 hours ago, Riddles said:

The Roco and Kato ready ballasted track both do look good although I am not sure which is which! Do you think they will be durable enough for outside use or were you just planning to use them indoors?

The concrete sleeper track is Kato.

I plan to use them outdoor only. Indoor I don't have single track lines.

For double and multi-track routes, I like it better to Ballast it myself.

Although you could also fill in the gaps between the tracks of Roco or Kato with gravel even on multi-track routes, but it would be very difficult to apply the right gravel color also.
And to color the whole thing with airbrusch again I would like to save at least outdoor.

15363361684061122578141619194193.jpg

15363395047509092139856795472644.jpg

Edited by ThomasI

On 07/09/2018 at 16:52, ThomasI said:

The concrete sleeper track is Kato.

I plan to use them outdoor only. Indoor I don't have single track lines.

For double and multi-track routes, I like it better to Ballast it myself.

Although you could also fill in the gaps between the tracks of Roco or Kato with gravel even on multi-track routes, but it would be very difficult to apply the right gravel color also.
And to color the whole thing with airbrusch again I would like to save at least outdoor.

I was concerned that you might have difficulty keeping a good power connection outdoors with sectional track. The Kato and Roco track does not seem to lend itself to soldering dropper wires to a bus supply. I see that Kato supply feeder connectors but that still just relies on a mechanical connection. The general consensus seems to be that all power supplies should be soldered to the rails on outdoor electric railways but I should be delighted if this can be proved unnecessary.

1 hour ago, Riddles said:

I was concerned that you might have difficulty keeping a good power connection outdoors with sectional track. The Kato and Roco track does not seem to lend itself to soldering dropper wires to a bus supply. I see that Kato supply feeder connectors but that still just relies on a mechanical connection. The general consensus seems to be that all power supplies should be soldered to the rails on outdoor electric railways but I should be delighted if this can be proved unnecessary.

At the Kato track I only soldered supply cables to every second track. Let's see if that works.

Hello everybody!
I'm glad to hear that, Mick, but I have to say that without this forum and your advice and knowledge, I would not have gotten this far.
In Germany I am still an absolute pioneer and exotic with 00 / H0 in the garden.

Today, I have re-installed the switches with revised drive for the moving frog.
In addition, I made again some progress in the curve behind the bush.

Regards 

Thomas

IMG-20180911-WA0003.jpeg

IMG-20180911-WA0005.jpeg

's looking absolutely stunning Thomas. It's also interesting to see someone using products other than the ones we are more familiar with. I will have to go back over your previous posts for some ideas and inspiration!

Morning Thomas, wow you are going great guns, on the corner module there are three levels be n awesome sot to be taking lot of pic with trains running on each level, now that be a challenge, have to agree what Mick said I often also look back on your other posts .

How soon do you think you be running train on the whole layout, can't wait for that big day, I wont be running any trains till Christmas time  now all goes well, still working on the module that will connect to the main control panel.

Keep the good work up and lots of progress pics.

Tony from cloudy down under.