Maximilianshafen

ThomasI

On 19/04/2023 at 21:17, kenbrunt said:

Good to see your progress and I really admire your ideas on building the bridges. Will you be powering the overhead wire?

Hello!

No, I will not put up catenary wire. Only put up poles. 

Regards
Thomas 

• 1 month later...

So, the last gap of the old main line closed. 

If the bridge from Italy would come now, I could finish the track construction outdoor.

If....

Replaced one of the three box bridges in a row with a concrete bridge open on top.

Reason: much better accessibility for cleaning the rails.

20230522_111428.jpg

20230522_111433.jpg

20230522_111458.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Al those soaring bridges and viaducts look really exciting, Thomas.  I hope it won't be too hard to clean all the track before each running session.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to more pictures of high speed stock operating on your superb railway.

Hello folks!

Since with the bankruptcy of Digikeijs the only supplier I know of of decoders that could handle the old Peco PL-10 and PL-11 solenoid drives has gone away AND I can't get Hornby's R8247 to run with the Z21, I have a real fat problem.

Do any of you have a tip on R8247 or can say something about Gaugemaster's DCC33 decoder?

Because now I have little desire to have to solder together a total of 65 switching current amplifiers from 130 relais.

Edit says:

It seems I found the solution for my problems with the new YAMORC YD8008 Solenoid Decoder.

Yuhuuuuu!

Regards Thomas 

Edited by ThomasI
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That roof looks very ambitious, Thomas, and the results must be good, that is, cleaner track.  I'm not sure what material you've used, although looks like it could be a fine mesh netting.  Hope it's OK for high winds.
Good luck.

• 6 months later...
On 20/07/2023 at 22:40, Andrew said:

That roof looks very ambitious, Thomas, and the results must be good, that is, cleaner track.  I'm not sure what material you've used, although looks like it could be a fine mesh netting.  Hope it's OK for high winds.
Good luck.

It is indeed a fine mesh netting. And it survived also heavy snow a few weeks ago.

Edited by ThomasI

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone!

Another sign of life from me.

The last bridge, the one from Italy, is finally being pre-assembled. 

I've also replaced overhead line masts in exposed places with more stable self-built ones.

Below is a picture of a portal based on the Danish model.

Apart from that, this was the first winter that passed without structural damage.

Greetings 

Thomas 

20240409_001802.jpg

IMG-20240406-WA0037.jpeg

• Like 1

Because I need something more stable for the garden, I have turned to Danish prototypes. 

4mm x 4mm brass square tube which can then be attached to 3mm x 3mm square profile (brass, stainless steel) in the garden.

4mm x 4mm corresponds almost exactly to the original dimensions of the DSB catenary poles.

I now use 0.7 and 0.8mm nickel silver wire instead of the copper-plated iron wire from Sommerfeldt. It has the right color and doesn't rust.

IMG-20240417-WA0006.jpeg

IMG-20240417-WA0000.jpeg