Maximilianshafen

ThomasI

Great work Thomas! It's amazing, though certainly not the type of layout you'd find in the Hornby Track Plans book. Strangely the first thing I thought of was "how on earth is he going to clean the windows!" but your planning has been so meticulous that I'm sure you've already thought of a solution to that.

That storage/stabling yard really would be perfect for my needs but sadly I just don't have the space to accommodate that number of roads.

Is this going to be a DCC sound layout? Has that been mentioned previously?

12 hours ago, mick said:

Great work Thomas! It's amazing, though certainly not the type of layout you'd find in the Hornby Track Plans book. Strangely the first thing I thought of was "how on earth is he going to clean the windows!" but your planning has been so meticulous that I'm sure you've already thought of a solution to that.

That storage/stabling yard really would be perfect for my needs but sadly I just don't have the space to accommodate that number of roads.

Is this going to be a DCC sound layout? Has that been mentioned previously?

Hello Mick, hello Tony et all!

To be honest, the windows are only in the room so that the people who will live in the house after me can do something different with the room.

There comes the background scenery in front of it.

Yes, my layout is controlled by DCC and I also have quite a few locomotives with sound.

The main tracks in my stabling yard have a minimum lenght of 5150mm.

To my annoyance, eBay Global Shipping Program managed to SLURRY my big bridge (see picture) on the way out of the US.

And instead of looking for it now, they want to persuade themselves that I paid it more than 180 days ago and therefore there is no longer any buyer protection.

That I have a valid contract with eBay Global Shipping Program for transport from the USA to me including all formalities (and paid $ 520 for it) seems to be understood by no one in customer service.

The bridge was verifiably delivered by the seller to the eBay Global Shipping Distribution Center in Kentucky.

I just hope they come to their senses without the use of lawyers.

Regards 

Thomas

unnamed.jpg

Edited by ThomasI

Hello Thomas,

Oh boy! That would be such a nice bridge, I keep my fingers tightly crossed for you that it does turn up at your house.

It reminds me of the Chesapeake and Ohio’s bridge over the Ohio river at (I think!) Sciotoville or similar spelling. At one point this was the world’s strongest bridge.

Good luck,

John

• Thanks 1

On 3/22/2021 at 7:32 PM, ThomasI said:

unnamed.jpg

That looks an awesome bridge, I do like a good bridge, so I hope it arrives with you soon and without further hassle.

Do you have a link to the seller? Not that I want to buy one as it sounds far too expensive for me, but I'd like to look at photos to see how it is constructed for when I start welding my own.

Regards, Barry.

On 26/03/2021 at 11:18, Clay Mills Junction said:

That looks an awesome bridge, I do like a good bridge, so I hope it arrives with you soon and without further hassle.

Do you have a link to the seller? Not that I want to buy one as it sounds far too expensive for me, but I'd like to look at photos to see how it is constructed for when I start welding my own.

Regards, Barry.

Hello Barry!

Here is a link:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/M1910-Truss-Bridge-HO-GA-Kit-Sofortkauf-325-00-/265069708888?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292R

Regards

Thomas

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

😕😟

Great, after the bridge now the next disappointment.

My local retailer just informed me that they canceled my pre-order for the Indian Pacific because the items I ordered were not delivered to them by Auscision Models.

It is now listed as sold out on the Auscision Models website.

Now I have two NSWGR Class 86 but no train.

😭

17 hours ago, ThomasI said:

😕😟

Great, after the bridge now the next disappointment.

My local retailer just informed me that they canceled my pre-order for the Indian Pacific because the items I ordered were not delivered to them by Auscision Models.

It is now listed as sold out on the Auscision Models website.

Now I have two NSWGR Class 86 but no train.

😭

I'm sorry to hear that. You're not having much luck recently are you? Things tend to go like that sometimes but hopefully you'll be able to source them elsewhere - there's nearly always a way to get hold of something you want.

2 hours ago, mick said:

That looks amazing.... Looking forward to seeing at least one of those on Clay Mills Junction!

I don't think I'll be managing that level of detail. But the construction is interesting nonetheless. One of the undecideds is material, that's aluminium which is interesting. Working with such small pieces of metal will be challenging, I'm thinking that welding is the only reliable way in the garden but that has challenges in not warping everything.

The detail (rivet plates) are added on plastic. That was one big question for me now answered.

Thanks for the link Thomas and I hope you get your bridge and rolling stock.

7 hours ago, mick said:

I'm sorry to hear that. You're not having much luck recently are you? Things tend to go like that sometimes but hopefully you'll be able to source them elsewhere - there's nearly always a way to get hold of something you want.

At least my retailer didn't screw it up.
Auscision Models wrote to me that the demand was unexpectedly high due to the pandemic while production was not running at full speed during the pandemic.
That's why orders had to be canceled.
I hope Auscision Models do a re-run at some point.

Regards

Thomas 

5 hours ago, Clay Mills Junction said:

I don't think I'll be managing that level of detail. But the construction is interesting nonetheless. One of the undecideds is material, that's aluminium which is interesting. Working with such small pieces of metal will be challenging, I'm thinking that welding is the only reliable way in the garden but that has challenges in not warping everything.

The detail (rivet plates) are added on plastic. That was one big question for me now answered.

Thanks for the link Thomas and I hope you get your bridge and rolling stock.

Do you have plans for such bridges that you can use as a guide for your construction?

• 2 weeks later...

There's news from my bridge.

eBay Global Shipping delivered these to Canada.

And instead of bringing it back and delivering it to me, ebay stubbornly stood up to the seller and lied to me.

The seller has now had it transported back from Canada at his own expense and will now forward it to me.

And then we will try to get our money back from ebay.

Edited by ThomasI
  • Like 2

Hi Thomas, very interesting what is that white stuff you using in the mold you made up , I have a couple of cutting on my layout , we  had out turn last fortnight very heavy rain.

The developers have started work stage two of our estate, I will make the most of it noise wise , can't wait till they start building more houses in our street, I am  busy track laying , keep the good work up .

Tony from down under