Maximilianshafen

ThomasI

Hi Thomas, looking at your bridge piers, I like the shape of second pic of your Tuesday post 458, I am working on my bridge piers Tuesday , still a bit work till finished, aim is for the bridge to sit on them with out screwing to the floor, will have pavers inside to weight them down.

You will have fun running more that two trains on DCC could be different than DC , will you have signals on each point to know  when th ethe is on straight or curve, I did on my previous layouts and will on this layout working signals, I can make my own signals.

Can't wait to see trains running on your layout, still a lot of work ahead.

Tony from cool  down under, has the hot weather settled down , it was raining in the UK last night my time , they had to to cancel the first match of the second ashes test cricket   because of the rain.

19 minutes ago, aussietmrail said:

Hi Thomas, looking at your bridge piers, I like the shape of second pic of your Tuesday post 458, I am working on my bridge piers Tuesday , still a bit work till finished, aim is for the bridge to sit on them with out screwing to the floor, will have pavers inside to weight them down.

You will have fun running more that two trains on DCC could be different than DC , will you have signals on each point to know  when th ethe is on straight or curve, I did on my previous layouts and will on this layout working signals, I can make my own signals.

Can't wait to see trains running on your layout, still a lot of work ahead.

Tony from cool  down under, has the hot weather settled down , it was raining in the UK last night my time , they had to to cancel the first match of the second ashes test cricket   because of the rain.

Hello Tony

I bought the bridge piers via eBay from Italy.

I'm already driving my trains with DCC.
But without a controller that controls block sections, signals and switches as well as the trains, I can only drive one train on each circuit.
On a circuit perhaps two if I take good care ...

And yes, I have provided signals.
However, not on the high-speed lines, there is no longer even with the real railway. 

It's still a lot to do and since the August is relatively cold and rainy, I'm afraid that the first trains will not run before next year. I'm behind my timetable now. 

Regards 

Thomas 

On 14/08/2019 at 21:41, ThomasI said:

..The number of trains also depends on the expansion of digital control.

Without anything, 5 trains can run at the same time in the first stage.
But even if I set up only a few blocks on each circuit, it is 10 to 12.
An automatic control of the parking station allows then from 25 trains upwards.

That's unreal! I look forward to seeing how it all works out.

I don't suppose multiple trains in operation on an oo/ho gauge outdoor layout is anything new because there are a couple of well-known layouts in this country that operate with several trains running simultaneously but they are few and far between. I would always advise anyone thinking of building a layout outdoors in OO or HO gauge to not be overly ambitious - to start small and see how things go. It's not for everyone as you can see through some peoples's attempts at layout construction. Your layout on the other hand is on another level (several levels actually!) and it looks extremely well engineered. I'm optimistic!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mick said:

That's unreal! I look forward to seeing how it all works out.

I don't suppose multiple trains in operation on an oo/ho gauge outdoor layout is anything new because there are a couple of well-known layouts in this country that operate with several trains running simultaneously but they are few and far between. I would always advise anyone thinking of building a layout outdoors in OO or HO gauge to not be overly ambitious - to start small and see how things go. It's not for everyone as you can see through some peoples's attempts at layout construction. Your layout on the other hand is on another level (several levels actually!) and it looks extremely well engineered. I'm optimistic!

I'm curious how and if that will work at some point.

But the control is something that is partly independent of the construction of the infrastructure.

At least I have so far built so that I can divide the layout into blocks and drive to the distress quite classic with track occupancy detector and block release.
My goal is still to control it with this model GPS "Games-on-track". 

But that is still a dream of the future, at the moment track construction is still the priority.

IMG_20190816_190151.jpg

IMG_20190816_201408.jpg

Edited by ThomasI

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's great to see some trains, Thomas.  That makes the railway look alive at last.  All your hard work will soon bear fruit and we shall see the results.

In terms of what they are, I think the first is a Japanese Shinkansen, the second probably Chinese, and the third is quite exotic (and the trains did not look like that when I was in Ethiopia, although that was a few years ago!).

17 hours ago, Andrew said:

It's great to see some trains, Thomas.  That makes the railway look alive at last.  All your hard work will soon bear fruit and we shall see the results.

In terms of what they are, I think the first is a Japanese Shinkansen, the second probably Chinese, and the third is quite exotic (and the trains did not look like that when I was in Ethiopia, although that was a few years ago!).

The HST are Shinkansen 300 and Shinkansen 500 series. 

The third is a locomotive for the new Railway Djibouti - Addis Abeba in standard gauge. 

As I was there it was still under construction. 

21 hours ago, ThomasI said:

...and a class 103 on the last test drive in 2019 (I believe). 

Is it really that time of the year again? Doesn't seem two minutes since you were saying that last year.

You've made amazing progress these past 12 months - it's become almost like a compact outdoor version of 'Wunderland'! 

Compared to my little single line layout, I've really enjoyed seeing you pushing the boundaries of OO/HO gauge in an outdoor environment.

On 01/10/2019 at 11:24, mick said:

Is it really that time of the year again? Doesn't seem two minutes since you were saying that last year.

You've made amazing progress these past 12 months - it's become almost like a compact outdoor version of 'Wunderland'! 

Compared to my little single line layout, I've really enjoyed seeing you pushing the boundaries of OO/HO gauge in an outdoor environment.

It's definitely the time for this year, because I was a litte bit too creative with taxes and got some trouble.

So they seized my smartphone and laptop and I need a least one to controll my Roco Z21... 

And of course they seized some Money what I thougt to invest in the Progress of my layout.

My husband is also not amused and I engaged a very good lawyer today.

But it´s my fault, I know it was a risky game, but it seems I underestimated the risk a little bit. Maybe I also was little bit greedy. So acting as I bad capitalist is not such a good idea.

But I will survive that, work will go on but the progess may be a little bit slower now.

Well that's taken me by surprise - I just assumed it was the weather!

I'm not sure how to respond in case some things have been lost in translation. In one way the mention of taxes makes it sound quite amusing and I want to shout out "Go Thomas!" but then I can appreciate that it isn't something you'll probably be smiling about over there. It sounds like you're facing up to the consequences so I'm sure it will all turn out okay in the end and you'll learn from the experience. And winter time is the best time for them to seize control of your means of operating the Z21 so it's not all bad!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mick said:

Well that's taken me by surprise - I just assumed it was the weather!

I'm not sure how to respond in case some things have been lost in translation. In one way the mention of taxes makes it sound quite amusing and I want to shout out "Go Thomas!" but then I can appreciate that it isn't something you'll probably be smiling about over there. It sounds like you're facing up to the consequences so I'm sure it will all turn out okay in the end and you'll learn from the experience. And winter time is the best time for them to seize control of your means of operating the Z21 so it's not all bad!

The time I made the post, it was the weather.

Inbetween I know a little bit more. I helped some Friends, or now better "friends", with transactions and forget to think about and to ask them for what purpose that transactions will be made.

And it seems that was no legal purpose. So I hope the consequences will not too hard and somewhere in the future the court will believe me that my intentions where just to help some friends and not buy illegal ore more bad, to sell illegal stuff. 

• 3 months later...

Some of my neighbors managed to blow the bridge off the anchorage at one end by rocket fire on New Year's Eve ... 😎😢

Will probably shorten the bridge by one segment and make a railway embankment from concrete, Styrodur and gravel.

I haven't really made any progress in the house, but I hope the motivation will come back slowly.

IMG-20200101-WA0004.jpeg

• Sad 1

At least I used the time of doing nothing to rethink the plans.
And there I managed to significantly simplify the track plan for the connections between the layout part inside and outside as well as the parking stations without having to sacrifice the travel options.
So also an advantage.

On 18/01/2020 at 15:17, ThomasI said:

Some of my neighbors managed to blow the bridge off the anchorage at one end by rocket fire on New Year's Eve ...

Oh dear....that doesn't look good. I assume it was accidental and not a neighbourhood feud? Rocket fire would seem a bit extreme for a feud I suppose.

Has the weather been keeping you away from the layout or is it simply a case of lack of motivation? You don't sound as enthusiastic as you did in the middle of last year so I hope you can get yourself back into the swing of it soon. Maybe a spell of warmer weather will do the trick?

Why have you decided to simplify the track plan?

21 minutes ago, mick said:

Oh dear....that doesn't look good. I assume it was accidental and not a neighbourhood feud? Rocket fire would seem a bit extreme for a feud I suppose.

Has the weather been keeping you away from the layout or is it simply a case of lack of motivation? You don't sound as enthusiastic as you did in the middle of last year so I hope you can get yourself back into the swing of it soon. Maybe a spell of warmer weather will do the trick?

Why have you decided to simplify the track plan?

I hope it wasn't intentional, I didn't realize it until later.

Outside, I can't do anything about the layout, the weather doesn't give it away.
And inside I was just too unmotivated, although November, December and January are not the months where I am particularly active in every respect, but that legal annoyance in the past year has of course increased this.
But in the meantime I calmed down a bit again and also came to the conclusion that this will probably take a long time (Justitias mills grind very slowly in Germany too) and will eventually lead to a manageable result.

I simplified the track plan because I came up with an idea for a new route, which is less complex and easier to build, and which also includes a better possibility of intervention in the parking stations.

Which is also quite a good thing, because I think if I had been blundering with the old plan in November and December I would have had quite a bit of frustration.
So I have now managed that according to the new plan, the two tracks leading upwards in the spiral are next to each other on the outside and the track leading downwards on the inside.
According to the old plan, the downward track would have been between the two upward tracks.

This greatly simplifies the track layout of the large train station indoors, as I can now build on the principle of directional operation.

Happy new year Thomas, not good that happening , good thing is it can be repaired or rebuilt new idea what you are doing, I have started work on Camdale MK2  yesterday afternoon, started pulling up the track on the old approach module will cut the module up to build a  3 inch wide x 6 ft section .

I hope I don't have any issues with neighbours as the layout in places is right on the edge of the fence, good thing is fence is closed in .

Look forward to more progress, snow not as bad as the US east coast.

Tony from warm down under.