Maximilianshafen

ThomasI

3 hours ago, roddy said:

I like that tunnel mouth. Fairly new in design, to stop the boom (even sonic boom) as the air in front of high speed trains suddenly leaves the tunnel.

I stole the idea of the Inntaltunnel (River Inn Valley Tunnel) of the Innsbruck bypass.
There the tunnel also protrudes a bit onto the bridge.
However, it is there about preventing snow or debris blocking the tunnel exit.

But that design is also used against the boom. 

I use it to prevent the bush to block the track. 

15585421677795021044164953669359.jpg

Edited by ThomasI

• 2 weeks later...

Thomas, Your civil engineering skills are fantastic.  All the new infrastructure looks great, and I'm really looking forward to seeing photos of the trains running on it soon.  Please make sure you post lots of pictures after the grand opening ceremony takes place (which must be quite soon, I think).  Well done, and keep up the good work.

• Thanks 1

Hi Thomas, I totally agree with Andrew, with the engineering skills, very awesome indeed, I love the pipe tunnel portals, very common in Germany, I am going to be a proud owner Mehano DB ICE 3, 8 car set, would like the ICE 4 but very expensive.

We had snow in QLD this morning  at Stanthorpe over a 100 k's from Brisbane, up in the mountains.

We had 7 a only 16 degrees during the day, be a bit warmer tomorrow.

Tony from cold down under.

6 hours ago, Andrew said:

Thomas, Your civil engineering skills are fantastic.  All the new infrastructure looks great, and I'm really looking forward to seeing photos of the trains running on it soon.  Please make sure you post lots of pictures after the grand opening ceremony takes place (which must be quite soon, I think).  Well done, and keep up the good work.

To be honest, to close the circle for the first time is still missing a train station in front of the terrace and the track back down to the corner tunnels.
There is still much to do. I'll put the station in front of the terrace and raised it on aluminum profiles.
So that you have planting underneath.
The station will be about 70 cm above the level of the terrace, so you can play nice sitting.
I think but as soon as the substructure for the station is there to set up a provisional U-turn, so I can start a first opening trip once in a circle around.
Incidentally, the Italian-style station will be named after my husband Jochen, "San Joaquino sulla Terazza".

The tracks will move from the actual railhead (where the turquoise styrofoam is) over to the terace in front. 

15596642130671434719698919458723.jpg

15596642605957368293707668313890.jpg

15596642980336477181518176451140.jpg

15596643518236846289479557240601.jpg

Edited by ThomasI
  • Like 1

HI thomas, you sure are going great guns, the viaduct you are working on where is the bridge going, I am in hospital, hope to be going home today Saturday, waiting on the doctors. Those pics are very impressive, glad you rebuild the cable stay bridge pier, the cable best in a permanent place, I managed to get some plans of my bridge and the tower was too high,,now at scale height and looking a lot better, now 460mm's high 18 inches from the road deck.

Give it a couple of days and be back into full swing working on the last stage of my layout.

Keep the great work up and awesome pics, my son's has come  back from the repair bloke with a new motor .

Tony from mild down under

Hello Tony, 

I noticed on Facebook that you're in the hospital. 

Get well soon! 

My viaduct is free lance. The radius of the bows is the circumference of the feeding bowl of my dog ...😂

Regards Thomas 

IMG-20190615-WA0011.jpeg

IMG_20190615_154901.jpg

IMG_20190615_154612.jpg

• Haha 1

Hi Thomas, again you are going great guns, did you glue all those small stones onto the tunnel, I like the way you finished off the back scene wall, cleaver.

Yeah I saw your comment, many thanks, replied that, good to be home,getting back into the layout and bridge this week, need some off cut ply and the middle section is longer now.

Can't wait to see trains running be pure awesome, going through the small tunnels.

Tony from down under

Hello Tony.
The area consists of fly screens and a special filler which consists of marble lime, fine cement, synthetic resin and glass fibers and which corresponds in color to the marble gravel ground of our garden.
The stones are from the marble and I just dropped them into the wet putty.
The whole thing looks like the ground in our garden.

Regards 

Thomas 

IMG_20190617_154358.jpg

IMG_20190617_111751.jpg

• Like 1

It all just looks fantastic - and especially so with that bit of sunshine coming through onto the tracks. Can you send some of that our way please?

The different levels are awesome, the suspension bridge stunning and the viaduct I can't wait to see in position. Really top notch all round - what more can one say....?

Hi Thomas, wow where are those maze of points going,big headache for the chief controller, like what you have done with the last post .

I am changing points around and cutting back to make easier and look better when high speed trains running through them.

All goes well tonight I be ordering my new train, be an eight car set.

Keep the good work up and pics flowing.

Tony from cold down under 21 degrees zero at 6am, rain coming in this week.