Maximilianshafen

ThomasI

Hi Thomas, looking good , you may need to do a bit of trimming there, I have a plant like yours  same  flower will take a pic of mine tomorrow.

I am working on a weather station, cut out the board the clock instruments will go into, board is over a 100 years old  came from the family farm.

My bridge is coming along , cut all the road deck supports the same size that screws to the  rail deck, the first road deck half sits very good onto the supports, started work on the second half. 

Those plants flowing , nice red flowers Tulips , kep the great work up and lots of  pics.

Tony from down under.

That bridge looks pretty robust Thomas - what make is it? Also, what do you call the board that the track is laid on?

Looking forward to seeing how you deal with the 'track in the tube' tunnel section. Sounds interesting.

Hello Mick.
The bridge consists of an 8 mm HPL plate reinforced laterally with aluminum U-profiles.
The grid construction is laser cut and painted from MDF, which has no supporting function and is simply glued to the aluminum profiles.

The slab tracks I glued on a 3mm hard foam board (trade name here is Forex) in matte black with Uhu Por.

The  Forex I glued on 14cm wide WPC boards reinforced with WPC profiles. 

These WPC construction is glued on Styrofoam blocks which are fixed in the ground with concrete. 

Best Regards 

Thomas 

Can someone  sketch me again, how exactly do I connect the central locking drive to the DS 52?
I just do not want to do anything wrong.

That would be nice.

And if someone has an idea where to buy a Digitrax DS52 that would be helpful, because I only found seller in the US. A seller in the UK or EU would be very good. 

With best regards 

Thomas 

On 12/04/2019 at 23:24, mick said:

Looking forward to seeing how you deal with the 'track in the tube' tunnel section. Sounds interesting.

This has been done, because my husband and the gardener's boss have this morning - of course without me to consult - found that the bushes must be in the way of the railway line and made short work.
I could only save sad remnants. 

And they do not need a tunnel anymore ...

IMG_20190415_105522.jpg

6 hours ago, ThomasI said:

...I could only save sad remnants. 

And they do not need a tunnel anymore ...

Sounds a bit like the UK's plans for HS2 near me - anything that gets in the way just knock it down!

I much preferred the more challenging option ☺️

52 minutes ago, mick said:

Sounds a bit like the UK's plans for HS2 near me - anything that gets in the way just knock it down!

I much preferred the more challenging option ☺️

Now it will be built without a tunnel. If the bushes get bigger at some point, it can still come.

Above all, it would have been the more beautiful option with the bushes as mountains.

Since the summer is back in Germany (it has today 28 ° C), I was busy again in the garden.

The routing for the high-speed line is done to the other end of the property, a few meters of track and a bridge already finished.
Unfortunately, the bridges bought at the fair in Dortmund have not arrived yet.
For this I have finished one side of the "mountain in the corner" with construction foam, as soon as it is hard he is still processed with the knife.

IMG_20190420_145659.jpg

IMG_20190420_145710.jpg

IMG_20190420_145715.jpg

IMG_20190420_145725.jpg

IMG_20190420_145745.jpg

IMG_20190420_195523.jpg

IMG_20190420_201332.jpg

Edited by ThomasI
  • Like 1

Those are great photos, Thomas.  You are doing very well, and are helped by having some nice weather for working outside.  Now we can see the full length of your layout - and it looks impressive.  I'm looking forward to seeing some high speed trains zooming down that long straight section - so keep up the good work! 

All the best.

• Like 1

I was about to say 'mindblowing' but Tony's already used that so I'll just agree with Tony!

There's me all proud as punch for making a start on my tunnel portals and here's you doing several at once! From the photos your layout appears much longer than I originally thought and so scale length trains at prototypical speeds will just be stunning I'm sure. Very impressive.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mick said:

I was about to say 'mindblowing' but Tony's already used that so I'll just agree with Tony!

There's me all proud as punch for making a start on my tunnel portals and here's you doing several at once! From the photos your layout appears much longer than I originally thought and so scale length trains at prototypical speeds will just be stunning I'm sure. Very impressive.

To be honest, I had the tunnel portals up to a long time ago, which I brought back from Italy.
I just built them up and gave the mountain a first shape with construction foam.

Very nice indeed! Is this one of plastic construction?

The one you featured a few days ago with the MDF grid section (post #381), is that one for outdoors too and if so, how do you protect the MDF from the weather? I've always thought of MDF as being not suitable for outdoor use or even in damp locations. Is your MDF to similar specifications as ours in the UK?

I reached Southend, the southernmost point of my property.
That's the Southend Loop.
I have here Kato Unitrack with radius 730mm and 790mm and superelevation used.

In addition, the turnouts for the first junction have been laid out.
Peco Code 75.
Have lubricated the spring mechanism with silicone grease from the diving needs.

IMG_20190501_172337.jpg

IMG_20190501_172342.jpg

IMG_20190501_172545.jpg

Edited by ThomasI
  • Like 1

That's looking superb Thomas! What a difference it makes.

My mountain is taking rather longer to complete as you've probably noticed but seeing you making such progress certainly spurs me on to do some more too.

What are you using to create the landscape? I can see expanding foam around the tunnel portals - is there plaster/filler too? And the green landscape fabric, that looks to be in sheets? What adhesive are you using and are you confident it will all be weatherproof?

1 hour ago, mick said:

That's looking superb Thomas! What a difference it makes.

My mountain is taking rather longer to complete as you've probably noticed but seeing you making such progress certainly spurs me on to do some more too.

What are you using to create the landscape? I can see expanding foam around the tunnel portals - is there plaster/filler too? And the green landscape fabric, that looks to be in sheets? What adhesive are you using and are you confident it will all be weatherproof?

Expanding foam and facade repair filler you've seen right. 

The green grass a sheets from different producers, I glued them with Ponal water resistant, that works well for the sheets from NOCH and not so well for the no brand sheets from my hobby store.