Maximilianshafen

ThomasI

Hello Tony,
Actually, he is not a hunting dog but he is very rabid in certain animals.
He has already killed two rats and hunted another with significant injuries from the property.
He tries to play abet with other dogs and cats and rabbits.
He hunts chickens afterwards, but more for fun, he never catches one ..

Yes, I'm watching the history of your ship, I'm really looking forward to the end result.

Today I got a new Budd Metroliner, a part of which was allowed to pose for a photo.
I'm not sure if I'm going to ship Amtrak logos or Pennsylvania Railroads ...

Best regards

Thomas

IMG_20181002_122610.jpg

IMG_20181002_122614.jpg

IMG_20181002_122625.jpg

• Like 1

Here's hoping the weather stays fine a bit longer so you can keep making progress. It's a shame we have to retreat indoors over winter.

The Metroliner looks great in the above photos - the colours all seem to compliment each other.

Brilliant stuff.

Track cleaning is going to be fun I imagine. What do you plan on using as it looks like it might be difficult to access between the girder bridge sections? I have a long handled (Woodland Scenics?) track cleaner with a head that swivels which I use to clean beneath my girder bridges but I have much better access between mine than it appears you have with yours. Is it easy enough to access the rear overhead lines for similar purposes?

Hello Mick!
I will only set up catenary poles, no wires.
To my surprise, the tracks are pretty clean.
The rails of Roco and Tillig also show no corrosion.
And the rain removes fat and dust pretty well (that seems more an indoor  problem).
Except for the filth I've caused myself while ballasting, so far I have little dirt amazingly.
In this respect, I think with a LUX rail grinding and vacuum cleaning cars with battery drive, I get that right at the point.

And in case of coarse dirt, a real vacuum cleaner is used.

The last picture shows how dirty my tracks are after six months ...

Regards

Thomas

IMG_20181006_144204.jpg

IMG_20181006_144154.jpg

IMG_20181006_144146.jpg

IMG_20181006_144137.jpg

15388304901127850537879894572131.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Thomas, WOW you have being busy making the most of the good weather before it gets too cold,I love the bridges especially the front bridge and you still have a couple to go. Well done the scenery under the bridge is very effective indeed.

Wont be starting work on my bridge till the layout is up and running, be full swing when I get back next week on the layout, wiring is nearly done.

I am on holidays now, have to find a camera shop tomorrow to buy a tripod, can't hold the camera at 1400 mm zoom, seen two ships already this afternoon.

Tony from Caloundra   north coast QLD down under

Wanted to equip the steel bridges with bridge track from Walthers, but 420 euros for 6m track? No way!
Then I have discovered bridge tracks from Micro Engineering, 3 feet for 17 euros, have now ordered 2 feet to test.

Edited by ThomasI

Hi Thomas, Wow that is an awesome cable stay bridge, is it from Micro Engineering what you are talking about, I like to know what sort of wire the cable stays are, would have to be wire that doesn't being , piano wire, pretty dear to buy here, stopped me dead in the tracks, had to come up with another bridge design for my layout.

With the two bricks can take a bit of weight, HO scale trains aren't that heavy like the real trains.

My holiday is coming to an end, mother nature wasn't kind to us the last couple of days, very hard to take pics of passing ships , dropped down to 18 degrees today, the wind was freezing, back home tomorrow, no work on my layout till Friday, unless I may be in hospital after seeing the doctor on Monday for blood test results on my kidneys are playing up.

Tony from wet QLD Sunshine Coast, some Sunshine coast wet coast.

Hi Thomas, sad about the rack not fitting your bridge, can you use the track any where else on the layout, home from holiday and it's our turn for the bad weather, the rain hasn't let up since we came home on Sunday, since the rain started on Thursday we have had 80mm's  more closer to the coast.

Good for the grass, I bought a label machine  to do the labels for the wires and control panel , be nice and neat, always wanted one , buying more wire tomorrow to finish wiring the control panel.

Keep the good work up I am interested in what you have planned for the corner section, a mountain of some kind, could put in a working cable car , what I am thinking of doing.

Tony from wet down under😡

Hi, hello Tony!
Well, it did get a bit cooler but still too warm for the end of October too much too sunny and too dry.
Which greatly pleases me! 😂
I have now tackled the second turnouts and hope to finish them until next Monday. I never thought it would make it this year.
The substructure is ready and the turnouts, weighted with stones, wait for the two-component adhesive to set.

Regards ThomasIMG_20181018_110101.thumb.jpg.f314110984330616eac307c5a666f2bd.jpg

IMG_20181018_110042.jpg

IMG_20181018_110618.jpg

Hello everybody!
From the day after tomorrow the weather will be wet, cold and windy, that means it will be autumn.
Therefore, today was the end of construction for the year 2018, at least outdoor.
Because what I have done today must now dry until tomorrow and tomorrow then the tarpaulin is pulled over the construction site, at least over the parts that are not yet completely frost-resistant finished.

Regards ThomasIMG_20181021_153016.thumb.jpg.13386553767412c7ec136b66288ffda9.jpg

IMG_20181021_153030.jpg

IMG_20181021_153036.jpg

IMG_20181021_153331.jpg

IMG_20181021_153006.jpg

• Like 1