Maximilianshafen

ThomasI

Hi Thomas, nice lot of pics of that G scale garden railway, gives you ideas from your layout, a lot of work setting those rocks in plans and Like the village, what is the layout based on European or American, could b American by the loco and  car with two horses.

Yeah real water work with 00 scale a modeler from this forum did do that, don't hear from him any more and another modeler used real rocks on his layout too I think his name is Enginedriver, you still should be able to go right back to those members and look at their layouts.

My wife an I are going on a weeks holiday in two weeks and a couple f days, looking forward to get away from the house, make sure I take the good SLR digital camera this time.

Are you still in France, great where you live so close to other countries just a day away,  closest county is New Zealand, New Guinea is still a fair distance away where I live.

Tony from down under

Because of the hurricane warning first everything secured.
The bumblebees do not mind ...

I wonder if I leave it at the Catenary with the erection of masts, because to stretch overhead line, which is filigree, but wind of 70mph endures, is hardly feasible ...

IMG_20180923_164527.jpg

IMG_20180923_164518.jpg

IMG_20180923_164427.jpg

2 minutes ago, mick said:

That's looking great Thomas. I love bridges (and viaducts) of any description and I bet that one is a pleasure to build. Looking forward to seeing it in use.

Hi Mick!

If you love bridges and viaducts, you'll find much to fall in love with on my layout.

Because the dog has to reach all corners of the garden (says my husband), I am forced to build a variety of bridges that correspond to the size of the dog.

That means it needs 35cm clear height and 30cm clear width under the bridge.

Best Regards

Thomas

Just as well you don't have a larger dog then Thomas!

Bridges and viaducts add interesting variations in the height of the scenic contours. My viaduct was a necessity in order to maintain a level trackbed round the garden but it's always worthwhile in my opinion to find room for at least one if you can.

Hi Thomas, I didn't know you get Hurricanes, thought they be cyclones what we cop end of summer , did you get the hurricane love your bridge construction are they kits or you scratch building them, very nice indeed what is the main span, bridge height mine be 20 inches clearance , will start work on mine after the layout is up and running.  

Agree what Mick has said about bridges good to have one or more on the  layout.

Keep the good work up .

Tony from cool down under.

Hello Tony

I did not find a better word for German 'Orkan' on the fly.

Hurricane exists in German as well, called 'Hurrikan'.

There are also real hurricanes in Germany, but are rare.

'Orkan' is just a very violent storm with a lot of rain and sometimes thunderstorms.

Regards

Thomas

7 hours ago, mick said:

Just as well you don't have a larger dog then Thomas!

Bridges and viaducts add interesting variations in the height of the scenic contours. My viaduct was a necessity in order to maintain a level trackbed round the garden but it's always worthwhile in my opinion to find room for at least one if you can.

Hi Mick!

Yes bridges are important for a garden layout that is not built as a "track on the plate just outside" (this is not meant to be judgmental) but to blend in with the garden as a landscape.
Especially if you
want to keep the track at a certain height or at least a little above ground level.
One can not pile up railway embankments everywhere or simulate their existence with plants.

As far as the dog is concerned, the bridges set the dog standard for all future dogs.😁

Regards

Thomas

2 hours ago, Storm trooper said:

Very impressive bridges and track work Thomas, Are the bridges scratch built or are they from a kit?

regards

Deano

Hello Deano!

The concrete bridge is a complete scratch-built made of plastic profiles, HPL plates and Styrodur.
The superstructure of the steel bridge is made of 7 kits from a manufacturer called Kibri, the pillars are homemade from Styrodur.

Regards 

Thomas

The finance department has sent a controller to inspect the structures.
He is a really tough dog.

Hi Thomas, Wow you have being busy well done I love your scenery with that awesome bridge you built, how long is it.

Well how many barks did your dog give did give you after inspecting the structures 😃.

Where your dog is in the corner be a great spot for taking pics of your trains, a challenge to have at one tine three trains on those track passing each other, I have done it once on my last layout.

Not much happening with my layout this week, might get a couple of days setting up the corner module so I can work out how the double track curved viaduct will go.

A week up the sunshine coast, wont be sunshine coast from Sunday 7th to the 15th where we went  Christmas time, make sure I be taking the good SLR camera this time, going to be a week start .

Keep the great work up and pics flowing.

Tony from down under

6 hours ago, aussietmrail said:

Hi Thomas, Wow you have being busy well done I love your scenery with that awesome bridge you built, how long is it.

Well how many barks did your dog give did give you after inspecting the structures 😃.

Where your dog is in the corner be a great spot for taking pics of your trains, a challenge to have at one tine three trains on those track passing each other, I have done it once on my last layout.

Not much happening with my layout this week, might get a couple of days setting up the corner module so I can work out how the double track curved viaduct will go.

A week up the sunshine coast, wont be sunshine coast from Sunday 7th to the 15th where we went  Christmas time, make sure I be taking the good SLR camera this time, going to be a week start .

Keep the great work up and pics flowing.

Tony from down under

Hello Tony!
The two bridges are each 3m long.
Both with 6 bridge fields a 50cm.
In the foreground two more bridges will come.

Fortunately, Boston Terriers rarely bark.
I suppose he chased some animal around and that fled under the layout, that would explain his great interest.

Here, however, the autumn begins, so I expect no further great progress outside for this year.

Regards

Thomas

Hi Thomas, nice to have a dog that doesn't bark much, too may neighbor's barkers, was your dog's bread ever used as a hunting dog for small rodents.

Operate  here  but Spring is nice, not hot like last year, when I come back from my week's holiday be full swing into the layout before it does get too hot. 

The two bridges are each 3m long.
Both with 6 bridge fields a 50cm.
In the foreground two more bridges will come

Good size bridge and you be having  more, only one main bridge on my layout being 27 feet in length, main span 14 feet where the ship will sit, just clear underneath 20 inches clearance.

More work on the ship tonight, should finish the first section of 4  pretty soon now I have finished the bow, other three sections be easy construction.

Tony from down under