Maximilianshafen

ThomasI

Hi Thomas, yeah the 103's are a nice loco, it is the rounded cabs the get me hooked, would like a second one, those Marklin are they Harmo, I did have a Marklin Harmo tank steamie.

Your bridge are you designing your own or ideas from bridge pics , looking forward to seeing lots of progress pics, my bridge ins drawn to full scale on the pergola floor to use as a temp plate for building the arch, two of them, cut in half for easy storage.

Tony from down under keeping on moving ahead.

Hello Tony!

At the bridge I was inspired by a typical style we often find on Italian high-speed railways

Picture see link:

https://goo.gl/images/Cw1eY4

I did a test drive with the first parts.
Then you can imagine that better.
Of course, the pillar will be changed and "false pillars" will be added.

Of course the tracks will still be graveled and of course the whole thing will be painted in a concrete gray color.
In addition, the replica of the cable ducts parallel to the tracks is missing.

The Märklin 103 series I changed them "to be Hamo" but with DCC.

Thomas

15247582069031460609201.jpg

15247584602901857550197.jpg

15247584897161650708747.jpg

Afternoon Thomas, nice can't wait to see your high speed train run over that bridge, is there more than one, we have that stile over here especial the Gold Coast   electric rail  and the air port train has a very long viaduct, are you going to add hand rails too.

I scraped the cable stay bridge was going to be too much work and wasn't going to look right as well, back to an ode design with the arch above the road deck, still double deck with the rail on the lower deck double track passing loop.

Here is a pc of my full scale drawing of my bridge,  you will have to put some plu on the pic, the  pavers in line with the vinyl , the cene of the arch starts in the middle of that paver to the gravel, I hope to buy some tracing paper, to make it easier to copy the arch onto the piece of ply that will make up the arch, still a 14 foot main span, ship look good sitting under the bridge.

Have being busy the last couple of days soldering the feeder wires to the bus wires on two module sand stapelling the wires up under the module both ready to go go except the the bridge between both modules tomorrows job, run a test loco again.

Tony from down under keeping on moving ahead.

IMG_1145.jpg

Hello Tony!
Italy uses a standardized design for bridges in which style is abundant.
No, a railing is not planned, because I have decided for the design with noise barrier.
The noise barrier when it is low, is often cast in one piece with the support plate.
Mine would be about 2.10m high, so low.

Thomas 

Hi Thomas, wow I have never seen black styro foam before till now , how strong is it and doesn't look like the white stuff, question can you nail in nails, there is not many glues you can use, which wont melt the stuff.

Gives me an idea what I can use to model wind turbine blades for a train load, the blades need to bend on curves, you can go back to my posts on modelling wind turbine blades, the latest wind turbine generators are huge  90 meter span++.

Keep the good work up and pic flowing awesome.

Tony from down under.

Halla Tony and everyone else!
The black is WPC.
Today I finished the bridgehead with tunnel entrance.

The path in the garden will be raised even higher so that it leads over the tracks behind the tunnel portal.

Makes my gardener in 2 weeks.

As soon as the mounting foam is hard it will be cut back.

Thomas from hot Germany

15257941942937555287970509491271.jpg

15257942097643336012281735426405.jpg

Happy birthday Thomas,, WPC stuff can get it at my local Hard wear store, next visit I will have a closer look, saw it on line, what is that green stuff, does it set rock hard and the price, wort checking out great for ship modelling too.

Your progress is going great, I have being busy working on my  DC control panel, don't think   I will go DCC now ready to put in the LED lights and rotary switches, fun begins, good thing I can do the soldering at night, get that out the way and back into finishing the very last corner module.

Tony from down under.

Hello Tony,

the green stuff is once as well as the purple stuff Styrodur insulation boards for house building.

If you mean the other green stuff, it's mounting foam, so you can mount and glue windows (more precisely window frames) in house walls.
Known that previously only in dark yellow, but that was now green.

The Styrodur are remnants of the house construction of me and the neighbor, the mounting foam costs about 4.50 euros for 0.5 liter bottle.

Thomas from Germany (cold and rainy today).

On 4/26/2018 at 05:16, ThomasI said:

Hello Tony.
These are the two Class 103 models of Märklin.
They are from my childhood.
The 103 series was then and is still one of my favorite locomotives today.
Most of my locomotives are not yet adapted for DCC, but because I have the two Märklin locomotives for emotional reasons converted for the operation with DC and DCC they are among the few locomotives which  already work with DCC.
And since they are pretty sturdy, they have to serve now for the test drives.

But today I started to build the first parts for the first big bridge on a straight line.
I hope by the picture you can already imagine how they should look like.

Thomas from Germany

152474132536130009004.jpg

15247413528261107594502.jpg

What is this material? 

5 hours ago, traingeekboy said:

What is this material? 

These are plastic profiles from the hardware store, see photo below in application in my house and fine polystyrene profiles for ship model making.

15259984618776441800904943743888.jpg

15259985160107507446395378699066.jpg

Hello!

So the first tracks are laid outside.

I'm thrown out this morning from one of the three major German-language Internet forums for model trains.
Have said the leading Märklin old men to relentlessly that they tell nonsense.

I mean, not that I ever really felt comfortable in one of these German forums.
I have shown pictures of my project only here.
But I've grown up in discussion forums on the internet about politics and there it is very different to the point and yet it is the first time that I was kicked out of an internet forum ...

...crazy world!

Thomas

15265620176906361953830853670468.jpg

Edited by ThomasI
  • Sad 1

Hi Thomas, looking good, can't wait to see the first train cross the bridge into the house, you may have trains running faster than me the way you are going, like your piers before the bridge any chance of closer pics.

Do you plan to river scene be nice with a road beside the river.

I am concentrating on my DC control panel, will need it pretty soon, going over to a friends house tomorrow afternoon and he will show my how to wire up the the four positions that will hook up to the throttles, of course you don't need rotary switches with DCC only two wires coming from the layout to the DCC unit, I am stuck with DC, can have just as much fun.

What is the weather like in Germany, getting like summer cooling down here, nice weekend though in the mid 20's over here.

Keep the great work up and pics flowing.

Tony from down under 

Hi Thomas, be looking forward to seeing those progress pics, it is dry here, no rain and winter not far away, we had 2 degrees last night, 25 during the day, keep an eye on my bridge have made a start on cutting out the shape of the arch sections that will make up the arch, be 24mm thick one more 12mm sections that will join the arch .

I am tossing if I will build a tower like Sydney Harbor bridge has.

More progress work on the last corner module as well today.

Tony from down under.