Maximilianshafen

ThomasI

Hi Thomas, coming along nicely, your dog likes to join  in on the fun,, be interesting when you  are running your trains, what he does.

Ouch, my two sisters are flying over to Germany next week to go on that river cruise  on  the Rhine, summer is still hanging around, in the low 30's under the pergola, be like that all week again cooler the weekend, see what it is like tomorrow want to get stuck into the back corner module, got some cutting to do, outside.

Sadly came home from our weeks holiday on Friday, traffic was starting to build up Commonwealth games early  April.

Tony from down under.keeping on moving ahead

• 2 weeks later...

Hello !

So, the last track gap in the low level parking yard is closed.

Since the sun was shining a bit today, I also worked on the further construction outside.

Respectively, I have eliminated the resulting damage.
Unfortunately, I had installed the tarpaulin so unfavorably that the running water has washed under a pillar.

Part of the superstructure of my bridge in the bend has deformed as a result.
But I have a spare part, which I then painted today.

I also gave the pillar a new foundation.

In addition, I found that the concrete foundation of the house wall passage on the garden side has lowered by 5 millimeters.

After I got angry for a while, I found out that I can now cover it wider at the top and drive four tracks out into the garden.

Then I revised the plan and found "yes that works" as you can see from my sketches below.

In the end, that's luckier than misfortune.1522164105662622700645.thumb.jpg.0c011d834600d4a0e974a433d67374e2.jpg

15221706863971642985540.jpg

1522170718337158538956.jpg

1522170764307806771968.jpg

1522170801930277577660.jpg

Edited by ThomasI
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Deano!

I'm just too lazy to take all the trains out of the track after driving.

It should also later be possible to let the trains go inside only.
An indoor layout is planned.
But about the parking yard, everything in the house is always connected with everything outside.

Regards

Thomas

• Like 2

Hi Thomas, Wow have to agree with Deano, you sure have made some good progress, with the spring in the air and warmer weather, I noticed you have a rake of Amtrak  super lines is that what they are in the picon he track close to the wall of your room.

Quad track out int the garden , awesome site indeed with 4 trains running at one time, there will be a challenge.Letting you know I am now working on my bridge, a full size drawing on my post, I only have two back of the house corner to build now completing all the modules for my layout, next job levelling all the decking, grade on spiral and ramp.

It is still hot here, Sunday we are having 33 degrees on Sunday and Monday, has being 30 degrees down to 29 most of the week.

Can't wait to see trains running into your staging yard, on on the upper deck as well in the house,what I am lacking will have a set up double track to make up trains.

Tony from nice down under keeping on moving ahead

1522170764307806771968.thumb.jpg.1661b137818e3ff2f94daad51acf921c.jpg

Hi Thomas, nice feeling to see the firs test loco  run on some of your layout, pity you didn't do a video of the big event.

How far did the loco runaround  the inside track, also what class is the loco, I don't think I will ever do DCC, I am heading over to my post to post some more pics of todays effort.

Tony from showery down under keeping on moving ahead.

On 14.4.2018 at 11:43, aussietmrail said:

Hi Thomas, nice feeling to see the firs test loco  run on some of your layout, pity you didn't do a video of the big event.

How far did the loco runaround  the inside track, also what class is the loco, I don't think I will ever do DCC, I am heading over to my post to post some more pics of todays effort.

Tony from showery down under keeping on moving ahead.

I did a video but this forum didn't like to accept IT.

Hi Thomas, you need to unload to you tube, will need an account,pretty easy, first one i always the hardest and becomes a link.

I may have trains running earlier, only one more corner module to build. and spiral sorted out be the next construction, decks all cut, can't wait for the big day.

Tony from cloudy down under keeping on moving a head 

High Thomas, love the door to the outside garden railway, nice long coaches as well, I have 5 Pico German green coaches need to get some more and those green 4 wheel coaches, for my German  steamie tank loco 2-8-2, nice loco, need to buy a British tank loco too and more 4 wheel freight wagon, gee they are dear to buy .

How far away from when you run your first train around the whole circuit, I am aiming for the end of June, hopping nothing gets in the way.

It is cooling down here at night and early morning can't sit outside for the first morning coffee, winter not far away, your summer not far xDaway.

Tony from down under keeping on moving ahead

Hello Tony

At the moment we have weather like in midsummer. The highest temperatures ever measured in Germany in April.

However, it is hardly predictable how the weather will behave in the next few months.
Maybe we, climate change says hello, now have midsummer for the next five months.
But it can also be that it gets wet and cold again in May and that lasts until July.

Therefore, it is difficult to predict with what speed I can continue building in the garden.

Best Regards

Thomas

So, all tracks are connected to the power supply.
Many cables because I've wired everything so that I can later divide the depot station into different coverage areas with their own boosters.
But now, for the first time, the DCC control center will be connected.

15245650003532064597150.jpg

Hi Thomas , trains moving pretty soon, the good thing with DCC it is half the wires to DC, I am ready to start wiring the spiral corner module,rest day tomorrow, more picsto load onto my Camdale post, not tonight getting close to midnight, ship project is coming along nicely too.

Tony from down under keeping on moving ahead.

Hi homas, wow two 103 class electrics, they sure are a nice loco for there age, I have one Lima, a friend tried t get it running , gave it to me as  dummy, I got a bit smarter and found a seller from Italy, that did up the drive bogies and bought one off him , bingo loco running again. He must of dropped it as one of the bumpers is broken, figuring out how to fill in it and find the right bumper and the the chassis was broken in half when I got it, glued it back together, looks ok oher that the broken bumper, will take a pic of it later, I might ad some lights too directional lights.

Starting to cool done here 2 degrees for the rest of the week, going to make the most of outside working on my layout, spiral corner is done , only needing bus wires soldered in place, tomorrows job, then move onto the spiral, shouldn't take long.

Keep the good work up and lots of pics, love them, with DC double the wires.

Tony from down under keeping on moving ahead.

Hello Tony.
These are the two Class 103 models of Märklin.
They are from my childhood.
The 103 series was then and is still one of my favorite locomotives today.
Most of my locomotives are not yet adapted for DCC, but because I have the two Märklin locomotives for emotional reasons converted for the operation with DC and DCC they are among the few locomotives which  already work with DCC.
And since they are pretty sturdy, they have to serve now for the test drives.

But today I started to build the first parts for the first big bridge on a straight line.
I hope by the picture you can already imagine how they should look like.

Thomas from Germany

152474132536130009004.jpg

15247413528261107594502.jpg