Maximilianshafen

ThomasI

So, have revised the plan. The Triple Crossing Point remains with three levels, but the curve bridge becomes top level.

On the middle level, the four-track main section, which so far was the lower level, remains. The HSL crosses in another place, on its track comes New the two-track main line but on a new depth level in a short tunnel. 

The tunnel section, it's based on a real tunnel in my region:

15061764288681425735751.jpg

1506176449422816126887.jpg

Morning Thomas, a big WOW you sure  have moved ahead with the railway viaduct construction, I think far quicker to permanent garden railway than a module one far quicker in construction you have proved that , I like the way you a building the piers for the curved viaduct  will stay up for ever, I could go that way now  but it comes down to the tight budget now .

I did have one of those CAD programs but never knew how to use it wouldn't be able to now because of windows 10 , like our triple livers be an awesome site indeed to see trains on every level will have to cheat there when doing a video, you are going to have trans running quicker than me,I am in no hurry, my first train will run Christmas fingers crossed running out of track be the only issue.

Keep the good work and the pics flowing love them great work.

Heading over to my post now got some pics to upload from yesterdays track  and point laying.

Tony from down under keeping on moving ahead.

Hello Tony 

I do not think that I can actually start the scheduled operation before you. Certainly, depending on the weather, I hope to make trials with improvised control technology on first sections in May, but more probably not.It is very complex to build. At least in the curves. I have also changed my plans so that more straight stretches emerge and in the rear stretches the outer arches are hidden in narrow radius behind bushes "in the tunnel".So I hope to get behind Triple Crossing Point faster. The pillars are not all massive, a few are only made of foam plate. Only the load-bearing ones are made of solid wood.

Best Regards 

Thomas 

Edited by ThomasI

• 2 weeks later...

So because of rainy days again I must stop the work and the Triple X Point is covered with rain protection. 

The last picture shows the most exotic loco I have at the moment. 

You remember my plans to have a piece of rolling stock from every country I've visited on my layout? 

This Ethopian ERP class arrived from Hongkong today. It represents (surprise, surprise...) Ethiopia. 

So for Africa I need now "only" rolling stock from Marrocco and Egypt. 

Thomas 

15072911899411719789845.jpg

15072912148601847703963.jpg

15072912440311644556414.jpg

1507291318065606847817.jpg

• Like 1

Nice loco Thomas.

What brand is it?

I keep trying to focus on Italian trains. Then I see some beautiful passenger train from some other place in the world and it's all over. I end up buying things from all over the world. usually it has to do with the pretty colors. ha ha

Glad to see you are doing some African locos, but why stop there?

The brand is CMR Line. 

Who says I want to stop there?I have already been a bit on the earth, I have visited more than 50 countries. Even if there are about 30 of them in Europe, the rest is not just in Africa.

On my layout, you will find Japanese Shinkansen next to Amtrak Metroliners as well as a Serbian EuroCity, a Chinese CRH3 or a Czech Railjet or a Swiss Pendolino, a Dutch ICE etc. 

My Brazilian express train with electric loco is commissioned by a local small-scale manufacturer, the models of Frateschi were too crude for me

If it is too cold for working outdoor, I will devote myself to two kitbash projects, a North Korean electric locomotive and a Syrian shunting locomotive.

I have to always find someone who makes the painting work for me, that I can not.

So I would also like to repaint a Velaro in the Turkish variant.

At Marrokko I still hope that one of the big manufacturers brings a Moroccan variant of electric locomotives which are identical with French or Polish electric locomotives or Mehano realises the TGV duplex as a Moroccan version. 

With Israel I hope the same, because they now bought a German class 147 identical locomotive.

What worries me further are the following countries I visited: Thailand, Cambodia and Lebanon.

Early morning to you Thomas, have to agree with Griff,, nice loco question what's the history on the loco, Ethiopian railways must of decided to lift their gain and up grade their locos , I saw a doco on Ethiopia  and their railways was run down, interested which country they bought the loco from  and how many.

Rain can play havoc with construction of your railway the problem with garden railway layouts, was my turn yesterday rainy day , I wanted to set up all my modules and curved sections to see how much more work I needed to do, only set up two modules.

Today is a better day sun out and cloudy at times no rain, even be setting up the bridge and sticking the ship deck bow and stern I have cut out , posting pics and a video  tonight on my post, layout is too big to try and take a pic of the whole thing, would like a wide angle lens for my Digital SLR camera.

Keep the good work up, I don't think I will get a train running by Christmas, depend on  track mightn't have enough to complete the first circuit , going away for Christmas for 10 days , come back  on the Wednesday before New Year.

Tony from down under keeping on moving ahead

The story ist very short: China went in and built a new double track electrified line from the port of Djibouti to the capital Addis Abeba. 

They also are working on a second line from Addis Abeba to the North. 

With 160kmph passenger trains Ethiopia now shares the second place with South Africa for the fastest trains in Africa. 

Morocco has a short section which is be driven by one express train with 200kmph  and gets the 320kmph-TGV next year.

Hi Thomas, that wouldn't surprise me at all with China as they have other interest in another African state too and an island in the Indian Ocean, one the carers that did personal for my son is an  Ethiopian , nice bloke hard to understand as he spoke pretty fast, don't think he be too happy, but that happens.

Like the pillar you are working on, what is the center made of,.

Something different modelling North Korean locos, would if they have passenger trains.

I set up all the front modules yesterday, my wife said I had to cut the layout back so I did 8 feet and knocked off 6 feet in the width, but down the track I plan to add a reverse loop around the car bring the length back to 54 feet all to being on a budget, to  make up for that loss , best way to do it is a spiral , pics on my post some time today.

Tony from down under keeping on moving ahead.

Hello Tony 

The Center is made of wood painted first with boat paint and than car paint and fixed with concrete in the ground. 

It was the only pillar of the old curve that survived and is also in use for the two lower levels. So I decided to use it again and just change it cosmetically. 

Thomas from rainy Germany 

15075298492631008389237.jpg

Edited by ThomasI

Hi Thomas, good to recycle from other layouts , I do that as well, if I would of kept on going into the car port , the pillar would of being the same , only a couple of inches high, going to be a night mare  when I start on the spiral  on my layout with the floor not being level , had to be like that for the wheel chair .

Last layout I had adjustable legs.

Is it still raining,be raining here all week, storms predicted for some afternoons.

Keep the good work up and pics flowing.

Tony from down under keeping on moving a head

Hello

The next pillar is in place. Since a few hours the weather here is nice. 

But our railways haven't recovered from the heavy storms last week. 

At least in Northern Germany were much damaged track and catenary. 

Here in the South-West the storm was more a windy rainfall. 

Thomas 

PS. At least my basis supports the dog. 

15077363322251025834597.jpg

1507736511811543019833.jpg

1507736483595995430160.jpg

1507736645769936837755.jpg

Today I finished the Triple X Point with the curved bridge so far, and because it is not weather resistant before the tracks on the middle level are laid (and that will be not happen this year) I covered it with a rain protection which shall last until next spring. 

With good weather I will go on with the next straight section. 

The gray colored tracks on the left is the end of the curved bridge. 

15078194554001737678667.jpg

15078195333551234767843.jpg

Afternoon Thomas, thanks for sending the rain,  rain all week tomorrow the worsted day, no work on my layout, the second post back wow three levels need to have good timing to have three  trains to be passing at one time on each level, I did that once on my last layout once once though, be an awesome site indeed.

Going great progress with your construction, I have big plans to extend the layout back to 54 feet long with a single track main line , I like single track running with passing loops the bridge become double track later on.

What bread is your dog the new neighbor has one the same as yours same colour , great you can use those cad programs, I could figure out how to use the one I had  , wouldn't work on win 10, be interesting to see what bridge you have planned to build.

Tony from wet down under keeping on moving ahead.

Hello, 

It is really dry and warm for October here, but I'm since Sunday in Northern Germany visiting my family... 

So no progress with the layout. 

My dog is an Americas Gentleman's Dog, better known as Boston Terrier or Boston Bulldog. 😉 

His Name is Bagheera (in German: Baghira)  like the black panther in the Jungle Book.

Thomas from "near Bremen".