Maximilianshafen

ThomasI

Hi Tony et all

I will make my first scratchbuilt for North Korea. I could also repaint a model of the Eastern Bloc standard diesel locomotive M62 to have a loco from North Korea. But North Korea has rebuilt some of these diesel locomotives in electric locomotives, I want to do the same. 

Morocco has several locomotives that correspond to SNCF series of which models are available and can be repainted,  soon they also have a TGV duplex. Hope the Mehano brings it, otherwise I will do a repaint.

In Turkey, Siemens Velaro are identical with the DB 407 series. Fleischmann has a model of the 407. But in this case, I am planning to let make the repaint by a professional.

For Israel there are diesel locomotives in H0, but Israel recently bought Traxx electric locos. As these are available as a model and are widely used in Europe, I hope that an Israeli version will soon be on the market ...

For Thailand I hope to finde model of the Siemens Desiro Class 360/2 in 00 to repaint it as Bangkok Airport Express... 

For Russia and Brazil are many locos in H0 available. 

You will model a rail and car ferry? They are huge.... 😉 

Tomorrow I make a trip to Dortmund to visit Intermodellbau, the world bigest exhibition for model-making and model Sport. 

Thomas 

Edited by ThomasI

Hi Thomas you sure are going to have  good mixture of trains from around the world, I have some European trains, a couple of British trains  would like a train from Ireland, like there colour scheme, have mostly Australian and US trains  that makes up my fleet and have modified a DD40 loco into a DD35 with out cabs, have to finish it and has dual motors, when finished have Union Pacific colour scheme.

I would love to get the new Euro Starr train 320 I think there is a RTR model out now only comes in a four car set to complete the train you need another 16 cars, Fleischmann bring out a 320 class could repaint to the new Euro Star train colour scheme,which is on the wist list..

Yeah those ro-ro ferries are huge till came across a ferry I can build sadly they don't give the height of the ship, they wouldn't give me that info if I rang them, be nice if I could get line drawing to the ship keep searching' all I need is the height of the deck levels. and hull.

https://www.finnlines.com/freight/ms-finnmill

Don't forget to take lots of pics.

My wiring of the station modules progress is coming along nicely,the last station module have three bus wiring plug panels, got to buy some more double speaker plugs for the third panel which connects to the control panel, have to start on the control soon will need it to switch the rotary switches operating  four throttles. or one three DC throttles and one for DCC.

Tony from down under keeping on moving ahead

Maybe we should create a catenary making discussion and gather any useful info there. I;m still not sure what materials or tools to use. I suppose I could torch some together out of brass, but it would need a hotter flame than a tiny soldering iron like we use for electrical work. At the same time, I am always willing to explore other materials: brass is expensive compared to other things.

• 2 weeks later...

The further route is in process, it will run over a railway dam.

The tracks will be about 4 to 15 cm above ground level. The trackbase consists of chipboard glued with bitumen glue. The sides of the railway embankment later form fly screens with grass-like mats.

DSC_0557.JPG

DSC_0559.JPG

Hi Thomas, your new project is going to look awesome when finished can't wait to see it, I am planning the same type of scene on tbe lower level S bend of the spiral modelling a flood plain, the US do that a lot they go right across a lake ,like that..

How was your Easter break go anywhere I spend a couple of days working on my corner spiral module big changes there, bought some off cut ply to replace the piece I joined onto the lift out ply section on the first station module and a piece big enough to cut out and build the first span of my double deck cable stay bridge, I marked out the side framing of the bridge a couple days back want to see the train on th second level.

Posting the latest pics on post after here.

Hi Thomas,  nice work on the curve section being fixed, taking digital pics can through you off thinking the curve section wont fit in, I to am doing what you have just done with part of my layout going into the garden permeant post only be 7inches off the ground, want to model a tidal flat..

I found another RORO ship PDF drawing , British owned,, can't post it Tor Line will have to take a pic with my phone, I found a pic of the ship Tor Jutlandia Finnline have a simular ship

The rebuild on my corner spiral module is coming along, I am modelling a rail bridge crossing a 6 lane road bus lane and two pedestrian tunnels, today I be cutting out half of the bridge arches and the module be ready for painting as the first station module lift out section is ready for painting, then the track down and wiring all over again.

Keep the good work up.

2368493.jpg

Hi Thomas, nice work the posts are they just hit into the ground or concreted in you be able to stand on that frame, how many going in there can probably fit  at least 6, I be doing the same in the garden hitting in steel posts with a bracket on the top to bolt the track base too.

built the pedestrian and one of the 3 lane road arches yesterday, very hard as the rail bridge is on an angle and road is straight, the arches didn't quite match up with a bit of filling and and filling up with plaster should look ok,tomorrow I will be cutting the in side arch roof out of 0.5 sheet styrene, easy to bend. , pics today on my post ran out of time layout night.

Love the pics keep them coming.

Hello Tony, 

the posts are concreted in. I think I can stand on that frame because the material is for the basis of a wooden terrace. But I don't make the test. 

I alone pulled the frame over the bushes...

...but my back told me in the aftermath that I'm over 40 and shouldn't do so... 

Tomorrow is Labour Day, but I can't labour that day... 😉 

Thomas 

Evening Thomas, I am not going to go that far just hit the posts in 18inches and screw on a angle bracket , you have to be pretty careful when lifting those frames on your own , I had a module that was 7foot by3fooot  module and station platforms on it as well made it pretty heavy was trying to lift it up onto another module on its side and went over, soon after that I  discovered outdoor HO/00 scale garden railway, the old layout was cut up.

Tiding up the rail bridge arches today  on my layout cutting the last ply pieces to fill in the end of the arch, a bit of work there as the bus wire plugs screw in on the join of the arch and onto the other mainline bridge two sets of plugs on the bridge join.

In Ipswich they had had their Labor day march leaving it clear for todays big march in Brisbane I belong to the Australian Labor party buy never being on a march, the train clubs train show  clashed on the same weekend , early this year was going on Saturday, got to many appointments this month always next year .

Cool morning here 11 degrees but high humidity 96 percent, what is  it like in Germany still quite cold in the UK everyone rugged up.

Labour Day was just rain, rain and more rain... 

But Sunday was a warm and sunny day here in Germany, up to 22° C. 

I hope today it will become less rainy than yesterday because I want to go ahead.. 😉 

Edited by ThomasI

We haven't had much rain for a couple of weeks now, raining tomorrow they say need it, but the grass is slowing down and mowing every week now, still having those warm days 27 degrees and tomorrow 28 11 degrees over night and cool morning.

Giving my wife a rest from the noise of the circular saw, got painting track laying and wiring duties take a week to finish the two modules.

Looking forward to seeing more pics of your progress.

Tony fom down under keeping on moving ahead.

I

• 4 weeks later...

Hello @all

After neighbors fence destroyed parts of my work I revisited my plans.

First I talked with a company named games-on-track. They offer system that works like GPS en miniature. The advantage is that the system locates all trains via ultrasound and then outputs the control commands using DCC. I then need no stop sections or track occupancy sensors, the whole sensitive electronics in the garden is no longer necessary. The downside is that one must accommodate an ultrasonic receiver in each train. However, this costs less than the electronics for one block for DCC control. 

In the curves, I am making the curves with a CNC drilling machine. With a recess for inserting the rails together with the elevation of the curves. Hope my carpenter will able to do that.. 

Best Regards 

Thomas 

Hello everybody!

So today came the feedback from my carpentry. My academy idea to make the curves together with superelevation by means of a CNC milling machine are absolutely feasible.

I'm also very pleased that our prices differ by a factor of four. 😉 He only wants 25% of the money I estimated... And he thinks he can finish it all by August.

This is very enjoyable and makes me hope to have laid the first tracks in the autumn and made test drives.

Thomas, today in a very good mood.

Hi Thomas, good to hear the news, yes you would be in a good mood and your carpenter have  your curves done by August big progress happening and lot of pics to flow as well looking forward to see them.

After finishing off the bus wiring on the first station module be moving to the car port area to cut and screw on 12 mm ply to the sides of the second approach module and move on to the third approach module, pics on my post.

I came across a circuit board from a Model Railroader news letter called Azatrax to detect hidden points and there are a lot more circuits you can buy as well, I be buying the automatic circuit board as I will have a reverse loop on my layout, not a bad price either will add up if you buy a lot of them, can run on any system and gauge, there is a video clip on the right hand side of the page to check out.

http://www.azatrax.com/dual-train-detector.html 

Looking forward to going to the DCC train clubs running day on the third Saturday in June to run the complete Thaly's TGV set, I am thinking of turning one of the cars into a restaurant car even though Thaly's didn't have one something different and ringing today a European dealer in Brisbane to see if he can order in a Marklin part for the E.Net dome, Marklin Thaly's Tin,Tin set has one as well as Marklin's Thaly's  TGV too, is on the third car I think.

Tony from down under keeping on moving ahead.

21Net_Antenna__2_hi-res  a.jpg

21net04  a.jpg

HI Thomas, wow love your points, what brand are they, no problem with trains running through them at speed, I would like to have the curved points on my layout ,Peco have a larger curve point and not as good as that one are the scratch built ones..

It is raining here and my son is in hospital no progress work on my layout. till he comes home, I am not well either..

At night I am working on my Sydney Central station building version, a friend sent me a link to  mob that makes balcony railing not quite the same shape but close  enough since my Sydney station building is based on Sydney Central and wouldn't matter if the pedestals were different and there is a dealer in Australia where I can get them, $11 US. for a pack of two.

How is your station building going, keep the good work up, and pics flowing, what the weather like over there hot.

Tony from down under keeping on moving ahead.