Maximilianshafen

ThomasI

Hi Thomas

I've sorted through your thread after the recent forum upgrade but I am unable to do anything with the images in your first couple of posts. Sorry. You might try editing them and inserting the images as attachments instead?

On 27.1.2017 at 1:13 AM, aussietmrail said:

HI Thomas,

Your slab track project is coming along nicely , how are you printing the slabs in one full piece or are you printing piece at a time and glue them together, how are you going to tackle the curved sections.

Tony from down under keeping on moving ahead

Hi Tony! 

They are not printed, they are plastic injection molding. We have a mold made at a professional level.

Curved sections? At high speed lines, the minimum radius in H0 is 40230mm. You can build such a curve with it.

Btw: Probably l've a Thalys intermediate cars set with bar car from Mehano for you. I costs you only 40 Euros and the costs of shipping. Let me know if you are interested. 

Best Regards 

Thomas 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Thomas will your 40 euro be $55 au , how long can hang onto them towards the end of June be ok I can buy them with my birthday money and could you take some pics of the set especially the bar car, could I run a 13 car set them again it's my layout run what I like.

I am looking into escalators have seen some British ones on eBay Sydney Central has 4 pairs on the first level going down the to walk way through to the suburban platforms and other end of the building to the road  level, they have lifts up to the platforms as well, could have a working lift .

How is the weather warming up it is starting to cool down last week of summer, we are in the very low 30's can get some work done on the layout.

Tony from down under keeping on moving ahead

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! 

Sorry for the late response, but I was a few days in Egypt for vacations. 

End of june is no problem, and 40 Euros should be something between 53 and 57 of your Dollars, so 55 should be right at least for your birthday... 

... and if not birthday I can wait until Xmas. 

Escalators, there are fine kits from a small german company but as I need a few of them they are quite expensive. 

So I will use the kits only in the foreground, in the background I will use not so detailed ones which I build myself from plastic and photo Paper with the help of printer and 3-D printer.

The company I mentioned is luetke-modellbahn.de

Best Regards

Thomas

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Thomas, nice can see  why you picked Egypt for a holiday, would of being a slight shock to the system form cold to hot.

Many thanks for not being in a hurry going to be a nice birthday present indeed especially when you sent the pic in the massage, can't wait till June, 57 Euro be fine and there is the postage on top of it sort the out when it gets close to the time.

I had a lazy weekend be back into the layout tomorrow, today I be going to Bunning after brekkie, have to buy a new blade fro my mower one single  blade, has lasted 6 months and will be 19mmX42mm pine to replace the framing on the corner spiral module he timer I used has caused the module to have a bow in it, since I am rebuilding the spiral sort that out as well, before I solder in the feeder wires to the two blocks heading into the station.

How is the progress going on the curved slab track., nice to see more pics of your layout so far.

kind regards, Tony from down under keeping on moving ahead.

Today the WPC-material was delivered. They run with a 40-tons-lorry in my neighborhood and that is located in a traffic-calmed zone with pedestrian priority. What a mess... 😉 

When I ordered the stuff it sounds a lot but now in my garden it looks like "You will definitely need much more..." 

IMG-20170320-WA0033.jpeg

You are going to be quite busy now the stuff has arrived, I love the way you designed the paves especially the pavers in the circle would of taken  some time to lay, very nice indeed, I prefer pavers to concrete, the key is a good bed for the pavers to sit on.

Tony from down under.

Hi Thomas , I wonder if what you are saying about asphalt, over here we have stamped concrete that looks very much like pavers , quit expensive looks good, we have designs like you gardener has done as well.

I am working on the bus wiring on te three station modules, hav made a bus wire plu panel that slides up under the way on the module, each module will have one panel except the last module it will have two, one ill the  panel that connects to the main control panel, wont be able to do much outside as we be copping the rain from cyclone Debbie as far as Ipswich tomorrow be heavy rain very windy Friday and rain.

Tony from down under keeping on moving ahead.

Hi Thomas, great to see you moving outdoors in the railway construction , making the most of the mild weather, I am as well we are in the high 20 degrees now, glad we  are inland and not coastal just local flooding from cyclone Debbie. a lot of rain though 200mm's, other parts of Ipswich copped more rain,  are you planning a curve section beyond the  last level, what I should of bought as well a large level only have a smaller one., keep the pics flowing .

Tony from down under keeping on moving ahead.

At the top of the post next to the paper towel, the upper level will make a right turn and then run parallel to the fence.

After that turn the High Speed Line will separate from the conventional line. The HSL will continue on the same level for nearly 53 metres. The conventional line will descend to the lower level.

In a later stage the HSL will return to that point and yump over it on a higher level with a big bridge... 😉 

The superstructure has yet to be shortened, which is still too long. 

Behind the post with the paper towel you can already see in the direction of the fence the substructure for the lower level. 

When everything is finished, the terrain level is still piled up so that the lower track level is only 4cm above the ground ...

1491003654092-1557544396.jpg

Hi Thomas, WOW that is going to be an awesome site indeed if you can have all your trains passing through at the same time,, on my layout will have the double track spiral and three station platforms and two by passing tracks be an awesome scene.

No layout work today mowing the grass and  trimming the shrubs.

Looking forward to seeing more progress pics on your layout construction.

Tony from sunny down under keeping on moving ahead.

Well I am very impressed.

I doubt I would have the will power or pocket book power for all the catenary you plan to build. The kato stuff I saw in a previous post would not last out doors. Plastics just won't hold up. I will try to get some photos of my switch engines/point motors from outdoors, they are all melted and curled from the sun.

I have been doing a lot of research on Linea aerea for FS. I had a really good link a while back of a prototype pole dimension, but that link seems to be dead now. This site has some modeling info though: http://www.webalice.it/trissa/Linea_aerea_italiana.html

201211611559_palo_sagoma_limite.jpg

I think your catenary is going to be the real hurdle in building your layout. So much mainline = so much catenary!

I will be curious to hear what you do for it, as I am still pondering how to get some for my garden railway as well. 

Edited by traingeekboy

I'm not sure if it will be a functioning catenary in the sense that the locomotives can go with pantographs touching the wire. Since the details of the wire can hardly be seen in the model, the wire will surely be simplified. In the case of catenary poles there is a wide choice of poles made from metal which also function outside.

I have poles for German, Austrian, Swiss, Italian, French and even Chinese models around me.

7 hours ago, traingeekboy said:

Yeah. I would not even consider making it operable. But it adds so much when you have it for european trains. 

Not only for european trains, my Amtrak Acela or HHP-8 or AEM-7 or my Shinkansen trains from Japon or my Chinese CRH-3 train will also look more prototypical with catenary over the tracks they ride. 

Since I want to have a train on my Layout from every country I have visited, there are or will be also electric locomotives of the following origin:

Brazil, North Korea, Israel, Morocco, Russia, Turkey, Thailand.

Regarding Thailand I have a question to all British here: Is there a model of the Siemens Desiro Class 360/2 in 00?

But in the case of a railway in the garden, the viewer is usually much more distant from the scenery than indoor.  What he still sees from 1,5m away are the catenary poles. The wires when they have approximately prototypical dimensions, will not be seen by anyone...

... therefore I will make the wires in many areas only very simplified.

Edited by ThomasI
  • Like 1

Hi Thomas, I should be modelling catenary poles as well Sydney Central station has them on every platform, since TGV's can run on different currants   can get away with not having any  will think about it later once the layout is up and running..

I did want to buy Amtrak's Acela high speed train  ended up buying Bachman's  Virgin DMU 5 car Cross County set, want the Doctor Who set and Hornby's Pendolino set so my train list is growing, be buying that add on set from you in next couple of months, need to win the lotto.

You will have to do some research on that train if there is a model of it or may be scratch build it your self if you can get good pics, I plan to scratch build Sydney's double deck trains,  there are some RTR models but very expensive..

Keep the pics flowing like to see your progress coming along and the layout in you shed . Do you know anything about the ship ferries around Denmark and Sweden  I want to model one to put under the bridge when it is finished.

Tony from down under

10-years-of-the-Öresund-Bridge_6.jpg