Latest Order

Paulsterling

Hi Chaps,

Just received my most recent order to Hattons.

Decided to finally order a Hornby K1, I've been promising to order one since they were first announced, but Hornby seem determined to avoid doing No.62005, so i've conceded i'll do it myself (probably).

The new Q6 was a given, I've always been a great admirer of No.63395 and its performances at the NYMR, and although I doubt that Hornby will cover this one (I suspect due to it being different to the in service ones in its braking system) I still wanted to get one, as they are a lovely machine. Waited on the BR L/Cr example coming out as that was my preferred livery for the class (as well as the E/Cr example having a different type of tender rail which I am not overly fussed by).

Lastly, I decided to get a BR livery J15, simply because it is a lovely locomotive, and the model has driven some good reviews, and it looks a lot like the J21 No.65033, another favourite of mine.

I tested all three on my old loft layout and they all performed well, the Q6 and J15 but seem to draw a lot of power before moving off, but are very smooth and have exceptional low speed control. The K1 on the other hand, makes use of the slightest bit of power to move off, and is again very smooth.

So despite Hornby receiving some criticism online (largely centered around the K1 running plate, which is still not quite straight) I am very happy with this order, and look forward to a garden railway I can run them on.

Pictures to follow.

Paul.