Shildon or York NRM (again!!))??

Baimor

I live close to Shildon. It's a very visitor friendly place. One big shed with the exhibits, plus a model railway if you are lucky. Usual cafe, shop and toilets. Usually something in steam that runs up and down the line too. Grassy area, kids playground, lineside walk if you want. Free parking. picnic area. Yes, it's a good place to visit.

:D:D thanks Roddy mate. Shildon it is then! It's only 6 months or so we went to York so I thought we'd do something different. I can't keep the little'un away from trains lately!! :lol::lol::lol: Would have been nice to be doing the journey in the carlton :D:D:D I could have probably knocked half an hour off the travelling time!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Good thing having a day out with your son, I used to do that with my son before he went into a wheel chair, we used to go on all the steam train tours longest run was Toowoomba came back black.

When he was in his first wheel chair we used to go on the Brisbane city electrics, stopping for lunch at Macer's or Hungry Jacks, mum got to put her feet up for those days.

Have fun out with your son, Tony from down under.

Hi Tony. I really don't know what hat to say mate! I'm really sorry about your son being in a wheelchair mate.Im not going to be rude and ask publicly why. I hope the garden railway and any more ventures you undertake give you and your son some quality time together mate. I personally lost a lot of time when our eldest was growing up due to constantly working away. I was young and thought money was everything!! :oops::oops::oops: but now although my 'work addiction' ( Er indoors' words not mine) has started to reap a few benefits, I'd change everything to have spent more time at home and not missed out on things like our eldests first words/first steps etc and swore I wouldn't make the same mistakes again! Regards. Mark

Yes Roddy. :D:D Had a fantastic day. Weather stayed nice too. Made both our days seeing the Flying Scotsman there. :D:D:D:D I wasn't expecting that! Lovely clean place too. Just a shame the outdoor play area was closed. I've added a few pics in my album. Regards. Mark