Getting lazy

jimbob

Had my "gap year" interupted for the last two weeks with work. Before l packed up l rashley agreed to cover a couple of peoples work when they went on holiday and its all caught up with me now. That over l know realise that another couple of days this week and afew next week. Might as well stayed working!

Anyway l thought l've at least got a couple of day to do railway and garden stuff. The trouble with a garden railway is having a garden, things keep wanting attension and costing valuable railway time. Now for ages l've had trouble with high blood pressure, l don't take much notice off it as it doesn't seem to effect me except for the odd headache when its high. That was until Saturday when as l finished early and thought l'd catch up with a bit of gardening to free up Sunday for railway time. So there l was bending over doing some weeding, stood up, the earth moved for me and l ended up doing a perfect face plant into the ground, face in the earth, bum in the air. Mass panic indoors ambulance called and carted of to hospital although l felt alright and didnt pass out or anything. So spent saturday night in A &E conected to a heart moniter. Well that was an eye opener to be sure. Take my hat of to all the staf though because l would have tazered half of those bought in but they just carried on. Any way early hours of the morning l was told l had (very) high blood presure (told then that!) and l should stay in but they dont have a bed so go home , rest and see my own doctor Monday.

So l am now the proud owner of my own blood presure monitor, yet more tablets and thinking that l might be able to get out of doing this work was told l m ok just dont over do it. That has fallen on deaf ears at home and l'm confined to barracks for the next couple of days but l can go to work Wednesday if l'm good l've been told!

Yeah, take it easy Jim. If I were you I'd be making that gap year (or two) permanent and to heck with covering at work. I've known far too many people who didn't heed the advice given to them and some of them are no longer with us so no matter how good you think you feel, don't go doing too much.

Oh and we really can't afford to be losing any members...... ;)

I am heeding everyones advice, if through gritted teeth. My Doctor says l suffer from "White coat syndrome" and my blood pressure goes up in the surgery (which it does!), but then l'm not suprised with what they charge for parking and him always running late.

Anyway pressure high but within limits, just, and although l've got some work this weekend and next week thats it for the moment.

Still to use my Senior citizens railcard or bus pass in anger yet.