Items for sale and wanted section?

Baimor

I've mentioned to Mick the possibility of an items for sale and wanted section on the forum. One existed previously and wasn't used much so was omitted due to lack of use. Would anyone use it if it was reinstated? I just think it would be nice if we gave each other on the forum first refusal of our unwanted items. I don't want to make more work for Mick, as I'm sure you'll all agree he does lots for us already, but wondered if anyone else thinks it's a good idea. Comments, ideas and thoughts please everyone. Thanks. Mark

I would with a view to buy only though as I don't have the stock to sell.

The problem is from experience of running a small community is that posts in a classifieds section stagnate quickly, or listed items get a response 4 months later with interest only to find the item is no longer available. If I were to do it again, I would either set the posts to lock after x amount of days of inactivity, or just have it as a links section to listings on ebay

I also think that this is a good idea.

Once the item is advertized, everything can be closed handeled by PM.

But I also think the seller must ad the asking prize, and let it know when it's sold.

This is how it's done on an other forum that I'm member of and it works fine.

Cheers,

Danny

In response to members requests I've included a 'FOR SALE' category again for anyone wishing to list their unwanted items. Could you please try to assist me by keeping your own listings updated and also by conducting all sales/negotiations etc via the PM system or by personal emails.

PLEASE NOTE: The 'FOR SALE' section is provided for the benefit of forum members and it is the responsibility of the seller and buyer to ensure that any transactions are carried out safely and correctly. I cannot be held responsible for any personal loss arising from your use of this section of the website. By listing items for sale or by making purchases from other members, you are deemed to have agreed to those terms.

Great stuff. :D:D Thanks Mick. Could I also mention that once an item is sold could the seller let Mick know so he can remove it from the forum or edit the title with SOLD? I think this should work and save us all the ridiculous fees that a certain auction site charges if we just keep it amongst forum members only.