Marks mumblings, mutterings but mainly moaning

Baimor

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:lol::lol::lol: yes mate its quite addictive this model railway hobby! And I think taking pictures from differing angles can be very effective! :lol::lol: I like to think 'outside the box' and whilst everyone else is showing how to build the correct way I think someone needs to show how NOT to build and I've nominated myself for the job!! :lol::lol: Next week's class is how NOT to stand on your chimney stack whilst taking pictures! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes, you certainly do think outside the box chap! :D

I'm more than a bit concerned though..................if you're going to show us how not to take aerial photo's of your layout from atop the ruddy chimney, then..................................you're going to need the bloody LADDER again to get up there :shock: Shall I contact the Emergency Services Now so as to put them on alert? :lol: They could come straight over and pick you up off of the lawn or even rescue you from the chimney if you get stuck.................but...........that would mean another sodding LADDER!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

As an after thought, should you find yourself plummeting earthwards again, please try to crash-land in such a way as to avoid any damage to the railway! :D:D:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yippee!!! It works!!!! Today I've finally managed to complete 1 circuit of my 3 track railway and I'm pleased to report no derailments or power loss issues! ! :D:D:D I just need to work out how to open a youtube channel so I can put my video on!! :oops::oops: Big, huge, massive thanks to all on this site for all the help and advice during construction. All the long days and nights have really paid off now as there's nothing better than running a train along a track you have built yourself. I'm by no means an expert and still have lots of scenery to finish as well as my 2 other circuits but I'd just like to say to anyone else new to the hobby that taking your time and getting it right first time will pay dividends. Follow the amazing advice that our seasoned modellers give you and you won't go wrong. Although it may seem like your taking 2 steps forward and 5 back at times stick at it because when you run your first train it makes it all worthwhile. Thanks again chaps. Mark

Hi Mark, first of all,........ yeah you can blame me, cos I don't gi................no I'd better not say that!! :roll: ..............cos I don't think we did anything that wrong, ok so technically we were off topic, but I think deleting posts is a bit extreme in this instance. But Hey, it's his forum so he can do what he likes I suppose!

Secondly, congrat's on your successful completion of the first circuit of your layout, I'm sure you will have many more to come. Well done chap! :D:D

:lol: Cheers Nige. I know what Micks reasoning was in fairness. If someone posts asking for help they don't want to be trawling through lots of unrelated chitchat ( even though our ramblings are highly amusing!!) :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Got to admit seeing my first circuit go so well has really inspired confidence and renewed enthusiasm mate. Best keep our humour between our own posts now eh?? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I know what you mean Mark, it's good to see something running isn't it? :D I had my eldest son wiring up some point motors on the outdoor sections this afternoon, he had a day off work and he has not had much experience of soldering, so I set him on....................he only burnt his thumb once! :shock::lol::lol::lol:

To be fair though he did decent job in the end, and more importantly he said he enjoyed himself. I am hoping to get some outside scenery done this year, one of my other sons had a "Go Pro" camera for Christmas and he has done a few videos including a cab ride and it sure does highlight the layouts failings!! :o So I have a few things to alter/improve now, as if there wasn't enough to do! :D

You got your eldest involved????? :mrgreen::mrgreen: How on earth did you achieve that Nige?? How old is he? Our eldest is 20 and doesn't want anything to do with " an old man's trainset"!! Our 6 year old absolutely loves it though! I wa still trying to get him off it at 7pm!! :lol::lol::lol: I think I'm going to spend more time watching him than running trains myself but the father son time with him is priceless. :D:D:D

Our Dave is 28 he's always been interested in railways, I had the train bug implanted at birth! :lol::lol::lol: I did the same with Tom he's 16, It's my youngest, Sam, he's 10, I just can't get him off the bloody computer! he came outside on Sunday for all of about 5 mins, complained that it was cold, and said "Anyway the graphics out here are crap!" :lol::lol::lol::lol:

My daughter, Natalie, loves trains though, :) we are planning to build a Hornby Dublo 3 rail layout together, she just loves the old tinplate rolling stock. :D Oh yes she's 13! Amazing isn't it?

Her in doors has given up!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You're lucky Nige. :D:D I only had a little battery operated 00 gauge lima set when I was younger and it never really made that much of an impression on me although I really loved playing with it so technically me and my 6 year old are new to the hobby. He's really enthusiastic though and just wants to play trains all the time now we have a circuit :lol::lol::lol: