Marks mumblings, mutterings but mainly moaning

Baimor

That's great news Mark. I had no idea what the problem was with the little lad and didn't want to appear rude by asking via the forum but it's great that they appear to have found the cause. I hope he's back to normal in the very near future - 30% weight loss is quite some going. Enjoy the beer, have a good sleep, and then get back to that railway - we need some more action on the forum :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As it's been quite warm today I thought I'd do a job I've been putting off but which desperately needed doing. Winter and cold nights highlighted the fact that my engine shed\workshop was in dire need of some insulation. I removed every cupboard/shelf etc then set about the walls and roof in between studs/joists with 2inch thick rockwool. An awful itchy job!! :(:( Where's a labourer when you need one??? :lol::lol::lol: This has then been covered in polythene and then 9.5mm plasterboard. I've added plenty more sockets and a bit more lighting and even cut down and modified an old sideboard to fit under the baseboards that pass through the shed so I now have some decent sized drawers for storing my locos and rolling stock. I've done a 13 hour day and I'm knackered but am glad I've got that horrible job out of the way!! :lol::lol: Only thing is it's too bloody hot in there now!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Now you know the purpose of my clock tower,

http://www.oogardenrailway.co.uk/download/file.php?id=2937&t=1

Above and below the clock and slatted grill vents on the other three sideds of the tower, let the heat rise quite effectively out of the shed. there is AN adjustable hatch on the inside to control the flow of air out / shut heat in in the winter. Some time I'll automate it with a green house window opener.

Had a VERY busy few weeks lately. Built a playhouse for the little'un ( absolutley destroyed me having to paint it blue though having been a sheff united season ticket holder for 30 odd years!!!) Finished the revised track layout and had some trains running but it's just highlighted another area needing 'revision'!! :x:x:x But the biggest thing was selling the Carlton!!!! :(:(:(:( Turns out my local Vauxhall dealership uses the same body shop the Carlton's in. Had a call off the body shop wanting to know if it's OK to pass my number on to the MD? Then I got a call asking if I'd consider selling the Carlton as they want it on display in the showroom. They've agreed to give me what I payed for it and pick the tab up from the bodyshop as well as 2 full services on the Vectra when it's due. Got to say I'm a little upset to see it go but in all honesty it was starting to become a bit of a white elephant!!! :(:x Oh well onwards and (dare I say it??) upwards from here!! :lol::lol: Still a little unsure whether my next 'toy' will have 4 wheels and a Cosworth badge on the back or 2 wheels and a Hyabusa badge. Or I might just spend it all on an absolutely huge garden railway!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Just returned from a lovely 10 days in Lloydminster. :D:D Canada is such a lovely place er indoors has her sights on moving there!!! :shock::shock::shock: I'm just about getting back to the stage where I can run some trains and now she wants to emigrate!!! :x:x:x

• 2 weeks later...

Been to the east coast for a few days and had a lovely surprise when I got home. :D:D:D I'd placed a bid on a bundle of nickel silver flexitrack the week before last with 8 days remaining on the auction. I don't really need any more track but have been thinking of doing a loft layout to keep me busy when the adverse weather returns so thought I'd put a £50 bid on which is about 2 thirds the cost of a new box. Got home last night and the neighbour comes round with a parcel. I didn't really expect the seller to send them considering how much I won them for!! The winning bid??? £2.45 for 29 slightly used lengths, 13 brand new lengths and 2 sets of left and right express points!!!!!! :D:D:D:D eBay is my friend :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hi Mark, yes there is a big difference from electrofrog to insulfrog, electrofrog you have to do more wiring and know what you are doing as well and need more DPDT switches, electrofrog is plug and play, I wont touch electrofrog, if you go into the points tread started by IanR there be a discussion about them.

Gee you were lucky to win those lengths of flexi track for that price, pays off putting a high bid on if you want that bid so bad, a friend used to do that every put on a couple of hundred dollars on a loco, not fair really, does happen, I have though of doing that as well but being worried that someone wants the item as well, flexi track is so dear to buy now.

One week of winter left dropping down to 19 degrees on Friday being down to 1 degree over night, we have had a mild winter compared to last winter,

no Jack frost paying us a visit, that is good because I want to top dress the back yard in Spring. Testing out my new 36volt Ryobi mower today.

Hope we get a mild spring so I can get a lot done to my layout before the hot summer arrives.

Tony from down under

Hi Tony. Thanks for that mate. I never thought of searching threads before asking. :oops::oops::oops: Glad all's coming on well with your layout mate. I must get some more pics of mine as I've changed quite a lot! I seem to improve 1 bit then see something else I want to change!! :lol::lol::lol: Regards matey. Mark

Tony wrote

Hi Mark, yes there is a big difference from electrofrog to insulfrog, electrofrog you have to do more wiring and know what you are doing as well and need more DPDT switches, electrofrog is plug and play, I wont touch electrofrog, if you go into the points tread started by IanR there be a discussion about them.

Hi Mark no worries, made a mistake electrofrog should be insulfrog being plug and play :oops::oops:

Glad to help out, I know how to wire up DC duel throttle cab and bus block wiring, know non-think on DCC, you are like me can't help myself being changing layouts for years, driving my wife nuts :lol::lol::lol::P:P:D, I reckon I have a very good track plan now. Being working on how I can use sections of stage one of the layout when I expand to stage two that will keep the cost down.

Be looking forward to seeing more of your layout Mark, be working again on my layout this weekend, not sure about Sunday it is Fathers day over here.

A question Mark :?::?: what do you know about the new E320 Eurostar train , from the pics I do have a very awesome train indeed I am thinking of scratch building the train. I think the way the coaches are hooked up are different to the older Eurostar train which has the same design as the TGV sharing a bogie between the two coaches, looks like the new one is nothing like that, can't find a close up pic of the train side on.

Tony from down under

• 9 months later...

Forgive me father for I have sinned. It's been 6 months since my last confession!! Oops!! Wrong forum!!:-) :-). Hi guys. It's been a while. I hope you're all well and your railways are progressing as planned. There's been quite a few developments on the baimor line of late. Mainly a name change to the BOW line. ( Baimor on Waverley. Baimor for reasons previously stated and Waverley after the name of our housing development.) A few pics will be uploaded as soon as I'm able to do some non-aerial photography and I've even opened up a youtube channel and will upload some videos as soon as I figure out how! Regards all. Mark