Marks mumblings, mutterings but mainly moaning

Baimor

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I've decided that the best way forward with the Baimor Line is to take a few steps backwards!! :cry::cry: Although it's all running really well with no derailments or power loss issues, etc I can't seem to think I've built what I really didn't want to build!! I've built a trainset in the garden rather than a garden railway, so much of the track is going to have to be modified and/or relaid. :x:x It's been a good learning curve tho so at least this time round I will know some of the pitfalls and how to avoid them. Going to take time as we now have a very poorly 6 year old!! He's been vomiting after ever meal for the last 6 weeks. We've had to bring him home from school every day due to him being sick at school. Doctors don't know what's wrong with him and hospital are taking forever with their tests!!! We're getting really concerned now but it just seems like water off a ducks back to the doctors!! :x:x:x

If we had all built what we set out to do we would all be sitting ing the garden whatching the trains go by, where not!

I'm quite proud to call my railway a train set, at least its there and not just an ldea. They say a model railway is never finished, even more true of a garden railway. Anyway l'm well jelous of your viaduct my attempts look like a Roman ruin so well done.

Rule 1. Get something running and then improve from there.

Hope the little one improves soon, nothing Worse than waiting for result what ever age you are.

• 2 weeks later...

Our 6 year old is home!!! :D:D:D He was taken into hospital on Wednesday night. We've had a few hectic days and sleepless nights with worry but he's on the mend now! :D:D:D I really can't believe how much ive missed him!! :cry::cry: Its been far too quiet at home even the tiny amount of time I've been at home! He's taken absolutely everything that they've done to him in his stride and has been a proper little trooper so with the risk of a bit of ribbing I'm going to put on here "mummy and daddy love you lots and lots Bailey and we're so proud of you"!!!

Thank you all for the kind words and well wishes. That means a lot. All he w ants to do is play trains and I've pulled a fair bit of the layout up to modify it!! Oh well! I'm off to Rails of Sheffield now to buy him a large oval of track so we can have a set inside. ( purely for 'medicinal purposes only'!!) :lol::lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Another week of too-ing and fro-ing from hospital with my little man has resulted in........zilch!!! :(:( He's taken everything they've thrown at him over the past few weeks like a true hero!! Until Monday!! :(:( Hearing your six year old beg you not to let them give him yet another needle is horrible!! I feel totally useless at not being able to protect him!! I don't mind admitting I've shed more than a few tears lately!! :cry::cry::cry:

• 2 weeks later...

Hurray!!! After a few horrible weeks and many sleepless nights we've finally found the cause of our 6 year olds constant vomiting! !! It turns out he's developed an allergic reaction to citric acid!! We've now had 96 hours vomit free. :D:D myself and Nichola are absolutely knackered but feel like the weight of the worlds been lifted off our shoulders!! The hospital said on Wednesday if we managed 72 hours without him being sick we've found the cause! He's lost 30% of his body weight so our job now I to build him up again! For the first time in ages I'm sat on the back patio enjoying a beer (or 2) :lol::lol: Huge thanks to a certain enginedriver (amongst others Mick, Roddy) for all his support !! A true friend and gentleman! :D:D Please note regular service ( general stupid questions and thread highjacking ( only joking Mick! ! :lol::lol: ) will resume shortly!! The Mrs is taking Bailey to Doncaster Wildlife Park tomorrow so work can resume on the railway!! Happy times are on the horizon!!! :lol::lol::lol: