Marks mumblings, mutterings but mainly moaning

Baimor

:lol::lol: I like that one roddy!! You're right it's not the Lotus bits it's rubbish GM clothing it's in!! :lol::lol::lol: The Bodyshop bill will be in the region of £4750!! :shock::shock::shock: No wonder I was able to haggle £1750 off the asking price with relative ease!! :oops::oops::oops::oops:

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The thing to remember when we become custodiand of classic or modern cars, is that we must spend money to keep them on top line. Not necessarily as garage queens only trailered to events, but as road cars to enjoy. You will never get your money back on the Lotus, just as I wont on the MX5. We know this when we get involved with them and must accept it. I am not a lover of all the add ons and bling, but I have many friends who love to buy the sparkly bits. Their excuse to SWMBO is that it is a safety feature. Keep the faith Mark, and whatever the cost be proud to open your bonnet and show off a well presented vehicle.

Thanks for the words of encouragement Roddy mate. :P:P I know it will be worth it in the end! :D:D I'm never going to sell the Carlton so in fairness I've just got to pay whatever it costs to do it right. At least I will be the one benefitting from it when it's done! :D:D

The weather's been lovely in Rotherham today so I managed to run a few trains to keep my enthusiasm up. I know the viaduct isn't finished yet or even the landscaping but it was good too see some movement on The Baimor Line.

You're right Roddy he would have fallen over AGAIN, :shock: I recken that's why he's had to retire from the building trade,...........nowt to do with arthritis....... just to much of a liability out in the real world! :roll: ................Falling from LADDERS, SAWING off his FINGERS, PLANING his other hand :shock::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Can't believe he's fallen off his VIADUCT though :o:lol::lol::lol:

He didn't bank on me looking within 2 minutes of him getting it wrong. I couldn't quite work out what he was photographing.

By the way Mark, I'm not a lover of those yellow (light oak) edging rolls. It's your railway though.

:lol::lol: thanks guys!! Yes Nige you missed the aerial photography this time mate!! :lol::lol::lol: And as I seem to recall Nige it was you that planed your fingers matey!! :lol::lol::lol: I too don't like the colour of the log roll Roddy! It was just an experiment as that's the colour of the fence round the garden. I think I'm going to do it dark oak. I like the natural wood look better but log roll seems to get dirty and grubby looking in no time at all if left untreated.