Marks mumblings, mutterings but mainly moaning

Baimor

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All this talk of retirement isn't helping my defense when the wife calls me an old man for wanting to potter on the layout tomorrow rather than going to Alton Towers!

Did make me chuckle when I saw the "See the world from a different perspective..................bit like "live" Google Earth!", I always used to tell people that if they wanted to know what falling from a plane felt like, lie on your belly and slowly zoom in on Google maps while blowing a hairdryer in your face :lol::lol:

What a shit week!! The vectra failed it's mot! :x:x:x The body shop called me today to go and see some of the horrors theyve found under the bodykit on the Lotus Carlton!! Looks like its full of rust!! I've not manage to get out to work on the garden layout and a bleeding uninsured drivers hit my van!!!!!! :x:x:x DRIVER NOT DIVER! !! :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Guest

WOW Mark, I thought things were bad over here! Sorry to hear about your new toy, I bet your'e copping some grief from SWMBO over that one! they never understand! :(

The only thing I really don't understand at all is why was your van at the bottom of the river in the first place? :?:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bad luck with the cars. The MOT can always find something, so I hope it's not a serious problem. (or one that you should have been aware of and ignored). The Lotus is a bit of a shock for you, but it's one problem with bodykits. They can either hide a problem, or cover a developing one. As for the van, it's a hazard of just being on the road nowadays. Again, I hope the damage isn't too much and that you can get some recourse through the Police.

The vectras now done. Goes back for retest in the morning at 9. It was only 2 rear bushes but they aren't available so it was 2 complete rear arms. £225 supplied and fitted so not too bad Roddy mate. As I got the reg number of the car that hit me and a picture of him speeding off the police have seized the car that hit me and fortunately my insurance covers me against being hit by an uninsured driver. Just the bumper and headlight on the van so no big worry there. The Carlton?? DON'T F@$KING ASK!!! The outer sills have been "remade"!! From fibreglass matting and body filler! ! Both rear arches have more rust than the F@$ KING titanic!! The front wings have kept Isopon P38 sales up!! And on and on and on!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

No Nige in fairness to er indoors she knows I'm PI**ed off about the Carlton but she says I'm better having it done now and done properly then instead of having an average Lotus Carlton I should then have one of the best! Bless her! She knows how to cheer me up!! :D:D:D:D

I know what you mean about body kits Roddy! ! I've never seen as much rust under such a nice looking panel!! The body hop have been amazing though and are going to put it on the back burner for a while and just work on in during slack times to keep the labour costs down. Trouble is the original 4 weeks timescale has now turned into months!!!! :cry::cry::cry: But at least it will leave more in the kitty for a proper respray now. :D:D:D One thing that amazes me is how anyone can bodge a structural part up with body filler and not be concerned! It's a fast powerful car for gods sake and I've had my 6 year old in it!! But it can only get better now! :D:D:D

Well I wasn't going to mention this but I thought it may make a few people smile! I got a bit more done on the railway today but did a LOT of work!! I took my intercity 125 apart to give it a little bit of a service. It ran fine on my little test rig on the bench but wouldn't run on the track. I tried it on another track and it ran fine so I deduced it must be the track. I did a test and found continuity between both rails so thinking I must have cocked up somewhere with the bus wiring I started disconnecting wires. All my bus wires are colour coded so I don't know how a problem

could have arose but got stuck in checking and double checking. I went through 18 droppers unable to find the problem!!! AND THEN I FOUND IT!! The precision screwdriver I had used to put the intercity back together had fallen on the track and was shorting it out!! OOOPPPSSS! !! What a plonker!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...