ba14eagle

Summer Hampton Railway

Over the weekend I managed to get to the local garden centre and nursery, parting with much cash, to fill up some of the blank canvas of the garden. Just a couple of little creepers are required to finish off and a few bags of chippings to uplift the path. With a good weather day in the offing and some of the noisy kids back in school, a few larger steam locos came out to play, in what turned out to be a bit of a big loco gala!

• Like 2

On 05/05/2020 at 18:42, mick said:

Will we be seeing the MGR's?

Just for you Mick, the mgr's come out to play, along with the sleeper set.

• Like 2

I really like that sleeper set. Looks really good. You have some really good planting along with the log rolls. The scene around the 2:08 mark is really effective.

Whats the story of the lion? Another big cat spotted wild in the West country? Are you going to fit the steps you made from the patio over the rails into the centre.  I am going to need something similar and have some screenshots of those you had over your garden railway No2.

Great to see the MGR's back in action Iain, just waiting on you starting on the next batch of 18 now! 1V32 looks really good too.

Like Mark, I was going to ask about the steps your father made for the previous layout too. Did you hang on to them? Do you need them this time?

The footbridge was dismantled when I took the old layout apart. Where the footbridge used to be, I can currently, step over the trackbed - this is made easier by raising the level of the path (on the inside).

The log roll just sort of found its way there, Mark - it had been removed from where the footbridge used to be.