Police "service"???????

Baimor

My 20 year old was out in town last night with his friends. 3.25 am we get a call from the police he's been taken to hospital. Off I go to be greeted by 2 officers who inform me my son and a friend had been attacked by 4 gentlemen of eastern orientation!! My son and his friend were waiting for a taxi when 3 men approached them demanding their mobiles and wallets!! HUGE MISTAKE!! My son is a Jujitsu brown belt and also boxed for 6 years so he can handle himself. His mate Liam was twice under 15's Karate WORLD runner up! By the time my son had put one of them on the floor Liam had put the other 2 down when out of nowhere a 4th ran at my son with a broken bottle and swung it cutting his neck and lacerating his ear and cheek! The officer said 30mm further back and this could well have been a murder!! I was informed the doormen at the club saw it happen and had caught the guy with the broken bottle and he was now in custody. After a few stitches my son was free to come home. 7pm and the police have just been and informed us the guy they were holding has now been released pending further enquiries!!!! As you can imagine I'm fuming about this and told them to just give me his name and I would sort it out myself and that they really want to get him back in custody before I find him!!!! I was told in no uncertain terms that vigilantism will not be tolerated in any form and should anything happen to this person I would be their first port of call!!! What a disgrace!! Now I apologise to any current or former police officers and I do realise that your hands are tied to a certain extent but is there any wonder people are taking the law into their own hands when any confidence in the police and the judicial system is at an all time low?? This country is an absolute joke!!!!!!

I hope your son gets better soon, and the culprits get a few years in prison, Unfortunately these days they are more likely to gat a few hours " community service" and then not bother doing that!

Having had discussions with police who don't know the law on motoring, and seen them using their "Assertiveness" training more like bullying I can see our police descending into violent bullies like their American counterparts.

This is of course if you can find a policeman / woman , I know in my area of the country which is 40 miles long by 14 miles deep there are just 4 police on duty at night and not many more during the day.

Sadly there is a great increase in foreigners who come from much more violent areas of the world, and have been brought up on tales of the western world being paved with streets of gold and free money. They come here to find unemployment, you have to work for a living and respect the law. It causes them to become one of the biggest causes in the increase in Violence and almost all other types of crime.

So, my one of my books written 4 years ago still rings true.

http://t.co/sMjtPV1k03

Baimor, hope your son is ok and I can understand your feelings.

Sadly, nothing actually gets rectified or suited to the innocent parties.

"Come on in, we're not quite full yet" UK do-gooders.

Must remember this is a railway forum!

Don't get me going!!!

Quite often get stopped by police in my job (courier) mainly bored traffic plod wanting to check that my car has business insurance, yes officer it does, then spend twenty minutes at side of road whilst the check my pariculars. All this when the ANPR has told them its MOTed, taxed and insured. Also have the problem that cars reg is one digit out from another, same make & colourl owned by "a person of interest" so it tends to "Ping" some ANPR systems. Very embarasing when you have passengers!

In my Job Baimor I'm a public toilet cleaner and at one block it was totally backed up sewerage wise. So it had to be closed due to the public health issues. A man of middle eastern appearance demanded that I open it for him and his family. Naturally I said no and explained why. He told me that in his country if I refused to do as he said he would have me whipped. He wasn't pleased when I reminded him that we weren't in HIS country but that he was in MY country and this was the way we did things in MY country and that if he didn't like the way we did things in MY country, then I suggested he went back to HIS country and never returned to MY country.

Naturally he told me that he would have me fired for refusing to do as he said and naturally nothing ever came of it.

Out here the police at the present time seem to have the upper hand on these middle eastern types. There was a woman of middle eastern origin who claimed in court that a police officer tried to forcibly remove her headdress. The one that makes them look like a black letterbox. She had been pulled over for a traffic violation. Her claim was thrown out of court because all police highway patrol procedures out in the public domain are videotaped and with the video tape evidence in court she lost big time and had to pay the police departments legal fees as well as her own.

The black letterbox isn't mine but from a little English boy who said to his mother "look mummy there goes some walking black letterboxes.

When l was coach driving l used to do a lot of rail replacement work and it was always the people from out side this country that complained the most (South Africans the worst) My normal reply was l was born here so l'm used to it but if you dont like you can always bu•••r of back home l have to stay!