Wago connectors

TheQ

I recently came across Wago connectors, now some of you may have seen them before. But for those that haven't I found them very useful.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/3-way-lever-connector-222-series-pack-of-50/76776

They also come with several different numbers of connections

All you do is lift the orange lever up to 90 degrees, stuff the bared wire into the hole and drop the lever back down connection made!!

I've got three and 5 lever types they're rated at 32Amps 400 volts, way over anything we'd use on model railways and at 28p each ( for the 3 connection type) not disastrously expensive though not cheap if you need hundreds. Oh and they're small, the 3 connector type will fit into a 1 centimetre cube!

I've been using these for a while now although not as yet in relation to any railway modelling applications. I found them ideal for use around the home, especially in place of junction boxes at certain light fittings where the wires often worked themselves loose. These seem to be very secure and easy to work with, even for me. Rather than buying them singly I bought one of the 'variety' type boxes with a good selection of different connectors and a number of plastic connector boxes into which your wired up connectors can be grouped.

Yes I came across them looking for something easier and better to connect up the down lighters in the railway shed. I've had them in a box for quiet a while but tried them on a model railway at the MRC and I wish I'd found them earlier.

• 4 years later...

I bought some Wago connectors after reading this recommendation. So that would be over 4 years ago. I didn't get on with them at first. But with a couple of wiring jobs on the todo list I had another play with them. This time reading up and watching how to use them properly.

I'm now a fan. The 222s in particular are very useful with quick release leavers that make them a breeze to use.

Connecting multiple wires together with terminal blocks a pain. With a couple of these its a simple job. I need to do a site survey under my baseboards to see where I still have temperamental connectors and get them replaced with these.

2141709833_TerminalBlockdistribution(2016_12_2410_21_47UTC).thumb.gif.0414285c3a49ca4a2e43438ee568c5d8.gifWA415.JPG.08714e521ab7b655083ed25b35e0c2bb.JPG