coventry motor museum

Baimor

Day off today so taking our 5 year old to the motor museum at Coventry. At this rate he'll have been to every museum in the country :D:D . Obviously I had no input regarding his choice of venue :lol::lol::lol: I mean it's not as though I really want to see thrust ssc or anything!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

If you are ever up here at a loose end, try NELSAM between Sunderland and Washington. North East Land Sea and Air Museum. They have a fair selection of army vehicles, trams, and planes, including a Vulcan. It's only a small place, but cheap enough to get into, and is better on an event weekend. If he likes planes, don't forget Sunderland airshow every July. A completely free weekend that is reckoned to be one of the biggest free airshows in Europe.

I have no connections to either of the above.

Just 26 minutes drive from Coventry Transport Museum (according to Google Maps) is the Heritage Motor Centre at Gaydon which is also worth a visit. If you are travelling down from Rotherham you might be pushed to do both in one day though.

Curiously I've visited both these venues in connection with model railways. The Bachmann Collectors Club have held events at the Coventry Museum and three weeks ago the Great Electric Train Show (GETS) took place at Gaydon.

I take it that your 5 year old is a good traveller!