permission granted by building control (the missus)

Baimor

:lol :lol::lol: I stopped trying to work out the female mind years ago UKNN! ! :lol::lol::lol:

Oh! And welcome to the forum mate!! I'm still quite new here myself but have found everyone so helpful. Any problems you encounter will no doubt have been solved by someone on here at some time or other. My ( very limited ) advice would be try and get something running as soon as possible so you don't lose interest, theres nothing worse than having an unfinished project, don't feel you have to follow a set 'formula', it's your railway to run as you please, but mainly enjoy what you do.

Regards. Mark

Thanks for the welcome - I've really enjoyed reading the exploits and achievements of the members of this site.

Right now I'm not sure what can be achieved - I have a few ideas, and a box in the loft with the remnants of my last attempt attempt at a layout.

Last layout - never finished due to a relocation - was based on late 1960's Western Region, fictitious branch terminus. I think my box contains three 'Westerns', plus two I've just purchased and re-named and numbered. Also a Warship, an 04 Shunter and a couple of 'Rats'.

I'm thinking of a single track round the garden at very low level, with a couple of passing loops and a 'branch' rising up to a level where trains can be removed and injected onto the circuit.

If I do anything, I'm keen for it to include one of Mick's breezeblock viaducts - so impressive.

Perhaps it's time for an introduction post, with a few pictures of my last effort....

Ian.

Hi Ian. Yes I've got to say, and I think I speak for everyone on here when I say this, that's our esteemed leader has well and truly raised the bar with his viaduct!! I've looked and looked at it and I'm still in awe of it!! Yes, get some pics on of your previous layout. Would be good to see it m8. I've learnt so much in the short time I've been on here. Don't be afraid to try something new and think outside the box even if your idea doesn't work! Like I've said just enjoy yourself. Some of my ideas have been rubbish but nno one on here ridicules you everyone tries to help in any way they can. Mark