Open Day

Trevor

The Great Wakering, Whitefield & Flackwell Heath Railway is to open its doors to Railway Modellers this July. The layout is situated near High Wycombe [EDITED: please contact Trevor directly for address details] and the opening will be subject to a suitable weather forecast on the preceding Wednesday night, if in doubt ring to check on Thursday 01628 524876.

Attendance is on a first come first served basis and has to be limited so that those attending will get the maximum benefit from there visit, those wishing to book should ring Trevor on 01628 524876. To maximise the number of persons able to visit there will be two sessions one from 11.00 to 15.00 and a second from 16.00 to 20.00

An entrance fee of £10 will be charged inclusive of refreshments, Trevor & Janet have opened there garden in the past for various charities and this time Trevor has decided to donate the monies to the building of the replica P2 locomotive. Trevor Jones started construction of the layout in 1980’s and developed his rubbercrete track base, the original concept of a double track main line expanded and with help from his cousin Alan Harding the railway developed to be more than one ‘to just watch a train go by’ in the great outdoors. For anyone contemplating a garden layout, Trevor & Alan will be on hand to answer all your questions.

Edited by Guest

I'd like to visit and I'm thinking of travelling down by rail from Yorkshire in time for the early session. Is there anyone else going on here that could pick me up at High Wycombe station or any other station?

Ian.

Hi Ian

At the moment all those coming are by car, There is a bus from High Wycombe No 35 which stops just round the corner from me and can be picked up in the high street 300 yds from the station. Alternatively Beaconsfield station is slightly nearer and a Taxi service is based there. If you had been the only visitor I could have picked you up from Beaconsfield but I will be so busy on a open day. Can send you full details of bus connections if you are interested. If you would like to contact me by email trevorjones@20whitepit.freeserve.co.uk that applies to all wishing to come, of course we need dry weather and the decision will be made on the weather forecast on the preceding Wednesday.

Trevor Jones