WoodSide garden railway

Mart

Nice videos, Mart. Well done with that substantial progress on construction work. Hope the spring weather helps you get on with the outside section soon, as those trains are looking forward to getting out into the fresh air!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

update

2nd track done short video running a cleaning truck round, the cleaner train is LMS 08 DC.

The other loco pulling the cargo, is DCC Class 47. Still working on the 3rd line, which will be a Auto Shuttle service.

Shuttle system update 3 stations

Found out a old Dmu to use..

there is now 3 station linked to the shuttle control system just need to work out a auto point switcher

Station A = Shed / Station B = Short Station / Station C = Long Station at every stop there's about 50 sec delay before the return to Station A.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok weather not the best time for some service/repair jobs

first job is to get the 125 running better: 125 head light & red tail light working new motor armature fitted into motor and new springs and brushes. running in at medium speed

video

2nd job my first attempt at fitting a live pantograph this i fitted to a old TRIANG HORNBY RPD TRANSCONTINENTAL loco. removed the plastic one and fitted the No maker's marked one, but i think probably Jouef one, power feed to motor removed replaced power feed from brush to the under side of the pantograph, the main feed to track diverted to the overhead cable. The track return left to track and motor pickup

video

This is a fascinating layout and reminds me of 'The Weekend Railway' which featured regularly on the forum a while back. I hope I'm not repeating myself but I'm sure I could never do anything like this - I couldn't get my head round the way it all fits together. I have all on with just a single track let alone one that resembles an entire railway system.

You deserve a heap of credit for the way you've reused materials and incorporated everything into one truly magnificent layout. I also admire the fact that you get so much use out of models that have since been superseded. It seems absolutely nothing is laid to waste. This is a great way to run a model railway especially when I consider all the trouble and aggravations I've had with much more recent models. It just shows that I over complicate things.

Great stuff Mart and great videos too. Look forward to seeing more.

• 8 months later...

Well i start with happy new year to you all

i hope santa been good to you all or should say have you been good for santa. did we get anything nice this year.

As for me i did ok with gifts i must of been on the top of his list "whats his name" ho yes bank manager.

I have still need to make a start on the new layout just need a bit of warm weather to get me in the mood, 2nd shed turned up so need to get that connected to the other shed, that should give me a 20ft x 8ft area indoors then plan a new run out into garden.

as for gifts i collected about 40 new locos steam & diesel 45% are dccTTS so that be somthing new for me also got hold of some classic locos for the working shed museum area, this at this time as 5 locos 1.Rocket 2. Der Alder 3. Dewitt Clinton 4. Prussia 5. Saxonia all sets with coaches. Loads of new rolling stock. When i get time ill post some videos and photos.

ts3.jpg

Happy new year 2017Mart, you must of being good to get that many locos and the old timers are well, well done, more pics please .

I thought I did well when I bought a box of trains from a Lifeline store for $40 I only have one train I kecpted is the Lima XPT set was two sets of them, I bought some more coaches to make up a 9 car train and bot locos powers still runs well today.

I am doing a scene like you are doing, in America Union Pacific in one of their main yards have on top of a hill two famous locos the Big Boy, have to check the running number, the first DD40AX 6900, the big boy I have is a Revel 87 scale kit and I bought a Bachmann DD40AX 6900 powered car run it on the layout, I be modelling Kennefick Park like in the pics wont be called that name.

I got a gift card from Bunning to buy some 12mm full sheets of ply to compete my layout, one sheet be for the double deck cable stay bridge I will be building, finished all the front modules ready to paint funny you say waiting for a warm day , I am waiting for a cool day we are having heat wave hitting us this week to Sunday , Saturday peaking over 40 degrees ouch, waiting for a cool day so I can set up all the front 7 modules to the spiral , pics to follow.

Can't wait till it gets cooler mid March.

Tony from down under keeping on moving a hear

kenefickday.jpg

ts4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

ALLWAYS GOOD M8 LOL  dont ask the wife 

ok heres some more of my xmas gifts these have been DCC & SOUND FITTED and few weathered 10 locos ready for the summer garden run

Edited by Mart

ALSO 2 more projects i'm working on these cold days

1. stephensons rocket with sound

2. Atlas Trams static models 1:76 gauge now converted to drive motors 00 gauge

all these plus the other older locos going to be part of a working museum on the W-H-R layout