WoodSide garden railway

Mart

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Mart, I wonder if the programme you are talking about is the same one my friend , when I did see it he had different train set 0n his des top, was awesome and he could make up his own train , could you put it on the next post many thanks.

Now I can't do any work outside, summer arrived early, we are having 38 degrees to day,not in the house a nice 24 degrees be working on my free lance Sydney central station building a couple of cheap clothes arias so I can draw the modules and station building to full size, pics to follow on my post.

Stay warm, Tony from down under :P:D:(;)

• 4 weeks later...

Happy Christmas to me

Hornby R.556 InterCity 5 Car DMU

Hornby R2075 Class 56 EWS Locomotive 56058

5 x Hornby OO Gauge Virgin Mk3 Coaches

Hornby Class 47 Virgin diesel locomotive 47844

Lima OO Gauge BR Breakdown Crane Set

Hornby R1172 The Majestic DCC Train Set With ELink OO

Hornby Santa's Express Train Set

all I need now is the summer get back out in the garden

• 4 weeks later...

I hope you all had a good chrismas & new year

Now for me the rebuild WHR yes mick the 3rd one is coming down. I have had it with this weather, So i have just got a new 8x10 shed so i can build it in there and run when i want, But keeping a part of the garden out doors so i can run from the shed and back from the garden area so this way i get the best of both worlds.

Mart said:

...So i have just got a new 8x10 shed so i can build it in there and run when i want, But keeping a part of the garden out doors so i can run from the shed and back from the garden area so this way i get the best of both worlds.

That would be my ideal scenario Mart - a good indoor space for all seasons operating with a generous outdoor running line or two. Sad to hear of you dismantling again but we know it's all in the name of progress and of course, by this time next week it should all be done :)

Sad to see you having to rebuild again, having lurked on this site and others nicking information, I realised it was better to build the shed first and get the railway outside going after, if nothing else something to sit in and contemplate the garden In the dry and warm. Good job your railway was at a raised level before, as much will be recoverable to the level that will come out of the shed.

Notes: I've learnt

Line the shed with polystyrene or fibre glass between the battons, floor , walls , ceiling). don't worry about the fire risk with polystyrene, Most modern sheets of it are treated to reduce fire risk, if fire gets through the cladding to the polystyrene, you've lost the shed anyway!!

Double glaze the window with a second layer of acrylic, it makes a huge difference to keeping the heat in or out as required and improves security.

I've also fitted internal shutters to the window to keep heat in, but having read what your hurdlers did to your layout I suspect having an internal shutter would be a good idea to keep prying eyes out.. I clad mine on the inside using cladding boards due to it's strange shape, but ply would be easier on a straight sided shed.

Don't be afraid to cut and move a window, so you can sit inside and watch the trains go round outside in the cold.

Allow for a small opening in the eves at the peak of the shed so you can let the heat out in the summer, I'm going to fit an automatic opener for a green house on mine. ( Put some netting over it to keep birds and bats out.)

• 1 month later...

I'm truly disappointed :( Saw the post and fully expected to see some trains running down the garden. What you been playing at Martin?

Unfortunately I'm one of the minority without a Facebook account so even if there are trains running in that rather grand looking shed I'm unable to see them. At least that's the reason I assume I'm not able to follow the link to view. By the look of the weather you've been experiencing, the shed's been a wise investment and at least it allows you to get on with something in the dry whilst it's not too good outside. You're going to have the best of both worlds and it's going to be great following your progress - which I trust will gather more momentum from now on ;)

HI Mart, awesome shed how big is it as Mick said you can get all those projects while the weather is bad outside, what side of the word do you live still experiencing snow, I thought by now you will into spring as we are in autumn now and we are starting to cool down from those horrible very hot humid days in down under.

Have to agree Mick I can't open Marts face book link either with having to have an account in face book, my son said he will held me set up a face book account.

Be looking forward to see the second loop in operation and more video clips and pics.

A question to Mick or you could answer the question as well , I finely got the January Hornby mag that has Trevor's layout in it, pure magic, I spotted that Heljan is bringing out a 60 class, wow has two motors d=DCC, I think sound, the question is did Hornby buy out Heljan :?:

The 60class diesel is now on my loco wish list.

On a high finely found out how to disenable the mouse tracker on my laptop, was confecting with the USB mouse, :)

Tony from down under.

thx guys

shed is only a 10ft x 8ft. And sorry about video i will upload to YT and post it here asap

yes Mick being a bit slow accept my apologies for a slow bunny lol

hows the E-Link tried it yet m8.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

Got the video now. That's still quite some progress Mart and it must be great to have somewhere where you're able to run things. Maybe I need to re-arrange my shed....

Not had chance to try the eLink yet but I'm almost at the point where I've earned some time to myself so hopefully I'll give it a run out soon and see what it's all about.

Black cat Technology Automatic shuttle modular AS101

Demo of it working

set on the fastest shuttle time

delays from 30sec to 3 mins

simple set up power supply for modular old hornby power pack

then controller to set speed

showing working below link

Screenshot_1.jpg