OO APT-E

DVIR

I paid my deposit on the morning of the announcement and my certificate will be number 4 (Sound fitted version). I just hope I will have track in the garden before the model is released! I should have a full 12 months though.

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to place my order this morning - sound fitted option.

Riddles said:

I paid my deposit on the morning of the announcement and my certificate will be number 4 (Sound fitted version)...

Was just wondering if we could get an idea of how popular this model has been so far. How do you know the certificate number? I ordered online via the Locomotion website but there's no mention of any certificate number in my order confirmation e-mail.

I was actually at Locomotion, Shildon on the day of the Rapido launch and the sales desk staff were filling in numbered order forms. I understand that an email to Shildon will get you your number. It would be interesting to know what number they are up to now. Someone is asking that question right now at http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/87114-the-official-rapido-apt-e-thread/page-26

It seems to be a re-occurring theme especially on the rmweb APT-E forum:

Lots of people are saying "not my era", "got no space for one", "can't afford one", "Wife won't be happy", "what if its no-good"

and then they say "er... but I’m ordering one", "I need one", "I can't miss out on one".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

There's no way it could possibly have been over 12 months since there was a post in this thread ?? Doesn't time fly?

Anyway, it's been approximately 18 months since the model was first announced and now the wait is almost over. Still haven't got anywhere to run the darned thing but there you go - another box into storage.

• 4 weeks later...

Missed the York Model Railway Show last year so didn't get to see the APT model there.

Didn't buy one in the end as I didn't have the cash.

But will enjoy seeing the ones that were bought being displayed on layouts this year.

It would be fantastic if we could actually see one 'running' on someone's layout at some point this year! I'm thinking of my own layout of course but maybe I'm just being optimistic again. I'm sure I'll be able to arrange a static 'display' at the very least.

I'm sorry to hear that you were unable to purchase one yourself at the time. There are so many great models becoming available lately that it's almost impossible to keep up with them and it seems to be coming the norm that if you don't get in at the very beginning you ultimately miss out. Are you considering the HSDT?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...