Bachmann 32-476 Class 40 Diesel

mick

BACHMANN 32-476

CLASS 40 DIESEL 40 075 BR BLUE

INDICATOR DISCS

loco5.jpg

Excuse the fact that a wheel of the leading bogie is derailed but my excuse is that it was getting late, dark and starting to drizzle. Without my glasses I have trouble even in the best of conditions but at least I managed to get most of them on track!

I've not really had chance to run the class 40. It was another ebay purchase but from a reputable store and at a sale price so I was happy to make the purchase. It is the only class 40 I have so far but I am looking at obtaining the new Bachmann class 40 with DCC sound when it is released later this(?) year.

• 1 year later...

G'day Mick, I too have a class 40 in BR green (no yellow warning panel) D210 Empress of Britain. It is a fantastic hauler and it pulled 35 Bachmann MK1's. I was so excited I forgot to film it. I'll probably trade it in on the new class 40 when it appears as I can't swap the decoders over. The present one has a eight pin socket and the new one will have a 21 pin socket. I'll also do my class 45 at the same time. It currently has a 'Mr Sound Guy' Chip and is totally pathetic to put it mildly and it cost an absolute fortune to have it done by DCC Supplies and it was away from here for six months!. It was one of my first diesel locos I had done (pre computer internet days). Howes Models at the time had no class 45 sounds, they have now.

Roy.

By current standards the Bachmann class 40 isn't up there with the best is it? It's also not a loco that I often get out so really I've made very little use of it since it was purchased. Perhaps that's because it looks like something Lima turned out 20-30 years ago. Hopefully the new class 40 will renew my enthusiasm for the 40s - will wait and see.