aussie gal!!

krissy83

Hey all! Just a quick hello. I am from Australia. Ive been thinking of doing a garden railway but didnt really like the cost of G scale and have some ho scale trains etc and found this website and videos on ho scale so I think I will give it a go!!

Thanx

kristina! :D

Hi Kristina, welcome to the forum. HO/OO is a good choice, especially if you already have some stock, but take a look at how others have managed their layouts on here to determine the best course of construction for yourself. The smaller scale does require more care during the construction phase if you are to get reliable operation later and the more care you put in at the start the more success and satisfaction you will ultimately receive. Hopefully the weather there will be more favourable to you than it is here in the UK at the moment.

We seem to be acquiring a global following lately with members using a variety of stock and it's good to hear from more female members too. What stock do you presently own and will the layout be based on any particular area/country?

Hey Mick! Thanx for the welcome! I have picked up a few things from this website. With the baseboard construction it depends if I do it in the back yard or front yard. Front yard I would do it on blocks etc and back yard would be raised with treated wood for the posts and aluminium angle for the frame and maybe plaster board painted with an exterior primer and then coated with roofing felt. I would run dcc as I already have that.

I have a mixture of steam and diesel. I would probably just do it free style as I like to be a bit creative. I plan to have a mountain area with coal etc and a city scene.

Kristina!