Skaledale and scenecraft

Richykay

Just a question relating to skaledale And scenecraft, I have been using skaledale in my garden for a while and using lights inside, I often see scenecraft on eBay slightly cheaper, do the go well with skaledale? Look wishes, and are they just as strong?... Also assuming that you can put lights inside as well?.... Any help would be good....

I've always assumed them to be very similar both in appearance and design. Not sure if one is more resilient than the other but the Scencraft ones I have are open inside just like the Skaledale ones so you should have no problems installing lighting.

• 7 months later...

Skaledale and Scenecraft are made of resin and are totally suited to an outdoor life. Most of the large buildings in G scale are made of resin. Ours are smaller but that makes no difference as mother nature doesn't recognise the concept of scale or gauge.

When first released often the structures were hollow on the inside but now buildings like signal boxes have a resin floor in them for a OO gauge signalman to stand on. You would have to drill a hole in order to light the building or sometimes the roof is removable but you'd still need that hole in the floor to pass a wire through. Be careful in drilling resin as it's nasty stuff so wear a face mask.

Roy.