Berth Rhys Railway (provisional title)

Hi everyone. I thought it was time to post a couple of pictures to show the progress of our enterprise. We have had to do a fair bit of digging just to get the ground level. This weekend we are putting in the final metposts and finishing of the banks ready for cementing and all the other bits...Obviously it might look a little different when complete, what a malarkey! :D

After joining this forum the idea of using roofing felt seems a good one so I shall read up on that and decided if that is the way for us to go.

Regards,

Fiona X

Nr Woking.jpg

Track Level.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

You've got your hands full there - there's some major excavations going on by the look of it. What area will the actual layout cover and have you worked out how much track you're going to need?

I'd recommend the roofing felt idea. It does help keep out the worst of the weather and it gives a pretty decent representation of ballasted track so if you decide to go down that route bear that in mind when you come to purchase any - look for nice ballast! Only drawback with roofing felt is the messy bitumen adhesive.

Enjoy the nice weather and make hay as they say.

Hi Mick. All the heavy excavation is complete and the guesstimate is about 120+ft round, though eventually with the other "circuit " and sidings etc maybe a little more. Maybe 4 packs of track, though my local shop will buy back any I don't use as long as I haven't touched it, so that is a bonus. we will eventually divert a track past the Cornish area and have a "FallerKibriVollmer" world. The old pond will be moved for my harbour I am very influenced by the look of PZ and "St. Looe" as used in Poirot: Peril At End House".

The later area will be used for "Edbrook" from Haunted Starring Aidan Quinn and Kate Beckinsale, luckily Bachmann are doing the Bluebell stuff now just got to wait for the right station, Horsted Keynes.

Thanks for the recommendation for the Roofing felt we are taking a look tomorrow, Aber is a little expensive for things like that so we might have to go shopping in Northampton when we go there.

Regards,

Fiona X