Camdale layout

aussietmrail

Hi Griff thanks for that link of Boeing 737 fuselage train and yes heaps of different interesting loads on those 89 foot flat wagons.

Yeah been thinking of doing a wind generator train load too, we are catching on over here too , go quite a few in Canberra but this new government doesn't like them there.

What I meant was add to that thread in Real Railways on the front of the forum on that Boeing train derailment not your forum name which is a good name.

Just got word from my friend that all those fuselages have been lifted from the river bank, there is some you tube on the recue operation.

The pic is of a 737 700 series fuselage of the model I am modelling and the container on the car behind the fuselage is the where the tail and tail wings go into . :D:P;)

050102 023b.jpg

Hi Andrew, love your comment, I guess I will have to pull that scene off when I have built a few of the 737 fuselages and also the layout. :D:P:roll::mrgreen:

What part of the world do you live, you sure have a good 00 scale garden railway especially on the slope of your garden.

It goes to show you how well those fuselage's are bolted to the flat wagon just by on main cradle, the front cradle the nose isn't bolted at all, will have to find if the fuselage is or no as there is a bolt bracket in the middle of the front cradle.

060521 007 a.jpg

587a488265cec_060521007a.jpg.4e420f56bb043c3f30650a6789e417a1.jpg

Hey Tony drove by Boeing or what used to be Boeing now Spirit Aviation which is actually the source for your fuselages. Thought you might like a few snap shots of where they come from, not the best pics mind you, they were taken in a moving vehicle.

First photo is of the crossing as it leaves the main line heading east into the property.

boeing03.jpg

The next photo is of the spur running east along the property, I have seen fuselages lined up here waiting for BNSF to pick up.

boeing02.jpg

The rest of the photos are views of what I could capture as we drove down the road around the property.

11cc4d6fb1ce860719ecb623a01b6f2c.jpg

0440c2c4e64990cf2d19231d8e32f5e6.jpg

boeing01.jpg

there is more photos in my gallery. My brother in-law actually works there and help’s build the fuselages on those planes. I will try and catch some photos when the fuselages are waitng to be picked up.

Hi Robert, many thanks for taking those pics of the what was Boeing which I thought was closing down all together, that is good news the 737 fuselage is still being built at Wishart under a new company, be looking forward to seeing those pics from inside from your brother in law.

I am wondering if I should start a new thread since I am starting to get some interest in the 737 fuselage, who said the 737 doesn't fly low, ha, ha :mrgreen: starts its journey by rail :D:roll: .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2572445/Planes-train-Boeing-737-fuselages-arrive-firms-huge-Seattle-factory-assembled-2-000-mile-rail-journey-Kansas.html

Will have to find that you tube link on how put the 737 together at Seattle and going into the painting section and being pulled out ready for test flight, was awesome.

My latest loco finely arrived today at long last, pure awesome, my train club will be open on Sunday afternoon may go then give the loco is first run in DCC, hoping my friend will be there too to show me how to work DCC.

The loco is a Centennial DD40AX 6900 on display at Union Pacific's Kennfick park Nebraska .

Be more pics to follow after Sunday, Tony.. :D:):P:mrgreen::roll::lol:

001 a.jpg

002 a.jpg

004 a.jpg

005 a.jpg

007 a.jpg

Hi Roy ,yes I was, thanks , had look on their site mainly to get the prices o the rolls of the felt to no luck , probably be pretty dear and it' the postage also, not worth it in the end are you using the felt, my brother is a builder will ask him if he has come across the stuff.

Looking at modelling a few dirt roads on the Tehachapi loop tunnel 9 module, only single lane, how is the best way to tackle it. :?:

Tony.

004.jpg a.jpg

Hi Roy, No I wont be using that roofing felt either, added expense, rather put the money into buying ply points and track for the layout.

Thanks hopping to go to my train club on Sunday will depend if I can get the second tender drive working on its own, nearly there , just having trouble with the pic-ups on the wheels not working too well when on the track., going to be awesome running 11 of those maroon passenger cars and the Flying Scot with duel tenders.

Will be able to ask some of the other member on how the best way to model dirt roads, I will be using that grass matting for the grass, hoping to get that hairy grass mating, did have an Aussie eBay link but should of kept the link hard to come by, lot on UK eBay.

Tony :D:):P

Here's my latest loco on its first run which passed in flying colours at my friends layout, one day I will have make that move to DCC, pretty awesome with what you can do where you can't with DC, the beauty is this loco can run in both modes, DCC and DC.

She should pull quite a long rake of freight wagons having duel motors, not sure if I can double head with my other Bachman DD40AX 6936 the only Centennial DD loco still running in Union Pacific's

heritage fleet.

I bought an unpainted Bachman DDAX loco and had it painted in UP colours and running number 6936, now Athearn with their run of DD40AX's have that running number,double the price of Bachman's version.

Tony :P:D:roll::lol::mrgreen::)

001 a.jpg

002 dd.jpg

004 a.jpg

Very happy with my latest loco ran her on my clubs layout in DC very impressed, thought I would have a few problems couldn't fault it, money well spent an was surprised that the directional lighting even worked on DC with the flashing light on the cab, of course I could switch the lights off on DCC, but no leave it, awesome, looks like I will be buying more Bachman locos with DCC on board.

All I need to buy is Athearn's UP FEF 4-8-4 steamy 844 to double head with the DD40AX usually I run my Bachman DD40AX with running number 6936 with I numbered when I had a unpainted Bachman painted in UP colours.

008 a.jpg

009 a.jpg

010 a.jpg

007 a.jpg

011  a.jpg

006 a.jpg

Here is some more pics of my other NR class locos and pic of my Indian Pacific with 17 passenger cars, plus an auto carrier and two locos.

This train took a long time to collect the coaches as some of them are pretty dear to buy, a couple of the dinners I want to modify to lounge cars, will longer windows, there is a couple on the Indian Pacific.

014a.jpg

015 a.jpg

016 a.jpg

017 a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Liking the UP coaching stock but its spoiled by having that nasty smelly diesel at the head of it. Should have a working UP BB

Is this any use to you at all

MY local model shop has got this particular model in their secondhand cabinet

http://traincarhobbies.com/Images_Model" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... %20102.JPG

anyone interested. Complete with original box and asking only £60 for it.

Here are their contact details, ask for Richard, Andrew or Sue

http://www.paigntonmodelshop.com/contact.php/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ian

Hi Robert and Ian, would love to run a Big Boy but the loco I have is plastic kit and the drive wheels don't turn fixed, yet all the other wheels do, a pity as I was planning to do what UP did with the big move of Big Boy 4014, a friend has the Athearn model BB 4014., one day, after UP's FEF 4-8-4 844 steamy has the same tender as big boy.

Found a pic of both big boy 4023 and DD40AX 6900 in place, they built the park around the two locos, will take a pic of my two loco set up in the same way, going to part of my layout.

Tony

002  a.jpg

402345.jpg

Hi Robert, Thanks for that link on DCC WOW what a read, I just scrolled down checking the link and what it says is going back to NCE, so when the time comes looks like I will go in that path , my club is going NCE also, in any case who will ever be running 120 cabs on a home layout anyway even 63, the most friends I will have over is four, nice to have that capability.

I will be aiming at buying decoders that will run both on Dc and DCC like my Bachman DD40AX DCC on board will be the challenge, all my NR class locos are DCC ready and a couple of my Union Pacific AC/4400 locos are also, the rest aren't, will have ask help from a couple of friends .

Next week will see some progress on my Tehachapi loop tunnel 9 module as I bought some Javis grass matting off a Queensland seller will arrive mid week, got two spring mix rolls and one brow mix roll, still far cheaper for the same stuff in one of the hobby shops in Brisbane.

Got some advice on modelling single lane dirt roads using sand and the bloke helps him self been washed up sand into gutters from the road, no costs at all, even better there is a park at the back of us that a dirt road and a creek ,great way in keep the cost down.

Looking at modelling the Tehachapi hill also and have it left as an ornament under the pergola.

Tony.

644055634_o.jpg

644055624_o.jpg