'Copy & Paste' posts onto other forums Read more... ×
aussietmrail

Camdale layout

I got the control panel out and plugged it into the module with the the five wires I had made up and was a lot easier than bending down doing it,, will have to ask my wife to help pick the module up and put into position with the control panel on it, wires are long enough.

Also redid the connectors and will notice some of them have two of those wire clips which was modified to  fit the connectors, was no need to file them after a couple of pushing in and out made them easier.

Thinking this week if I get time to set the car port corner module so I work on the curve sections to the car port wall, can then paint, nail the track down which be double track, Block 19, the extra length for the Indian Pacific.

Tony from down under keeping on moving ahead.

IMG_1966.jpg

Have finely finished screwed in place the last of the bus wire plugs on the second station module, I still have to wire in 5 more sets of station track, wont do that till after I have finished nailing down all the main line track,will make a start on the spiral  next week, need to climb 14 inches to the bridge .  Spiral is long enough to do it , on to of finishing the wiring on the station modules.

Tony from down under on holidays Caloundra north coast QLD , keeping on moving a head.

IMG_1991.jpg

Apologies in advance for the quality of my diagram Tony but hopefully this will show you how I wire the Peco electrofrog turnout with switched frog feed.

20181010_223355.thumb.jpg.3d6786af6dd655e24e829ad66b514720.jpg

The soldered connections to the point directly from my bus wires link the two adjacent rails together indicated by the blue and red dots.

The built in wire links marked by the two red 'X' need to be cut/removed to completely isolate the frog section.

Power to the frog is then taken from the integral switch on your point motor (SEEP as in the diagram above). The same connection could be made to a 'frog juicer' or 'auto frog' module as I have occasionally used.

The blue 'X's to the left show where I insert insulated rail joiners - only on the frog 'V' section. All other rail joiners can be standard metal ones.

If you should decide to use something along these lines I would advise first soldering short lengths of wire to the motor (6 inches or so) and then add a terminal connector strip. It makes any subsequent changes much easier and depending on your setup you may need to reverse the red and blue wires providing power to the switch connections on the point motor to obtain correct frog polarity.

I might also point out (sorry) that some people (and I believe IanR on this forum does) add an additional fine wire link between the point blades and the outer rail in the area between the tiebar and the 9th sleeper to the left of it as seen in the diagram above. See attached photo below.

ianr5.jpg

Edited by mick
Image edited to show insulated rail joiners

Power to the frog is then taken from the integral switch on your point motor (SEEP as in the diagram above). The same connection could be made to a 'frog juicer' or 'auto frog' module as I have occasionally used.

The blue 'X's to the left show where I insert insulated rail joiners - only on the frog 'V' section. All other rail joiners can be standard metal ones.

Afternoon Mick, many thanks I wish I should of asked for your advice before going the way on a video clip which was the long way around , pure magic much easier, I will have to run two more wires as I cut the rails on the V section before the frog, be a while off, have to recover from our weeks holiday ends on Sunday. I need more wire before buying the slim peco motor and a label machine to print out tags for the main bus wires on the modules and control panel.

My bus wire colour code is the same as yours but I don't have a frog juicer will  have a separate transformer to power the point motor by a SPST switch., the bus bue and red bus wire go through a CDU unit.

The weather hasn't being kind, worsted day is Saturday where we are staying going to cop 50mm's of rain, still can sit out on the balcony, got one more chance to get a pic of a cruise ship passing us on Saturday, hope a break in the rain to get down on the broad walk close o the beach for  a better shot.

Be raining as well tomorrow, I am planning the layout railway station building, cross between Sydney Central and New Orleans Union station building.

Tony from wet Sunshine coast down under QLD