Camdale layout

aussietmrail

WOW at long last a big mile stone indeed, 5 years n planning and construction now the back of the layout has being joined up with the front of the layout, still a lot more to do, the decking I used won't be, I have got a 3 inch wide by 6 foot length and a 3 foot piece I will cut down to 2 foot and join them together , unscrew the 6 foot sides and more them down  to cover the join .

Can see in pic 26 where the ply decking is sagging, the last two pics is the signal arch concrete bridge I modelling  to scale have plan drawing of the bridge and measurements ,  the bridge length is 1011 feet in length, clearance height to the water line is 200 feet about 28 inches to scale, main arch is 380 feet , scale inches is 42 inches will work out well.

Off course the shrub will have to go is in the way, I be planning  a stream  with a water fall, what I always wanted to do, I will use tarp for the water and paint to  the creek colour in the pic,  it is very hot here and on top of that bush fire smoke haze, was bad today could smell it as soon as you walked the door, that is  slowing me down, but I have other work I can in under the pergola till it gets too hot.

Working on rewiring the modules  where I changed the track,  was told  on Tuesday for my hobby shop in Ipswich the Peco are putting there prices up after Christmas ,  big  hike the bloke said , I need to buy one more express point and diamond cross over either before Christmas or soon after, not fair.

So yeah I am on a very big high, once the bridge is built  and set up  I can start laying the track down, you will also notice  in the last two pics that the track goes into a tunnel , be planning the same, two tunnels on the northern ramp.I will celebrate with drinking a bottle of Canadian Whisky, nice drink .😂☺️.

Tony from down under keeping on moving ahead   

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

026.jpg

Northfork Bridge Feather river 1.jpg

Northfork Bridge Feather river 2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Thomas, yeah you are right there, too hot outside, hot right up to the end of next week, I have plenty to in under the pergola, rewiring the two corner modules and I have to change some of the track on two other station modules and again the same with the bus wiring .

Have started working on the full size plans for the  arch bridge, will have one full arch and two half arches, trying to figure how I will make the arches. the supports will have to be shaped with a file, all up 5 supports, finely got them right, was a challenge, the distance between the main pillars is 42 inches, should work out  well. 

I am now aiming for May, be 6 years in the forum great way to celebrate is have the trains running will give me some time, could be earlier, will depend on the weather, I won't be running any trains mid summer, go to my two train clubs.

Tony from very hot down under keeping on moving ahead

Looks to be coming together nicely Tony. Are you planning on edging the curved boards to prevent any possibility of derailments ending up on the ground?

I like the look of the arched bridge - it will make a real feature of the layout. The uprights shouldn't be too difficult to construct but the curved arches may prove a bit more problematic.

Great to see someone in shorts, t-shirt and sandals by the way. We can but dream over here.

Hi Mick, thanks pretty happy be glad when the new bridge is finished, going to be a while, no chance this week, can do some work in under the pergola before it gets too hot .

I have already a bridge that is 6 feet long, just need to add 2 feet, will take off the sides so I can move them down to where the extended piece be going strengthening where the join is, don't know if I can con to buy off cut play 8 foot in length.  Peco in Australia is putting their prices up a long way the hobby shop bloke said,  will ask my wife for some Christmas money to  buy an extra point I need and replace a broken diamond cross over, also buying with Christmas from my mum a full box of Peco flexi track, will a have enough track to complete the first full circuit of the layout and fingers crossed the  station complex.

Yes to your question of having boards on the side of the mainly the bridge and later the curved sections, the  two big curves in the garden will be covered with  a tunnel , bridge width is 3 inches, finished drawing up the full scale plans of the half of the main arch .

Have to work out where the main arch will sit, wan't it to be pre-standing , the bridge be in one full piece  with  with the arches, will have to leave it outside behind the pergola chairs .

Tony from very hot down under, keeping on moving ahead slowly 

20191124_202315.jpg

20191124_202415.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Camdale  is moving to a new address and new home with a better back yard , work has stopped and  the track and module plan scrapped sadly,  now I will have to draw up a new plan ,  plan to use the fence , to save on posts on both sides and bridge go in the middle, still be 54 feet in length .

Camdale is packed up ready to go , last pic of the new yard, where the post is  is where the station complex be going, the corner module be proper corner modules, be modified to be  3 feet wide instead of two feet, I may  put the modules down  flat instead of having legs , I have a special seat  to sit on when connecting the bus wires .

House is brand new, need to clean the yard up and make some gardens  along the fence one side, bridge will look heaps better in the middle ad much flatter , I might be able to get the layout up and running a lot quicker , when taking pics of the layout be no more car in the back ground, can't wait., the new shed is much bigger 10 by 10 I reckon , will be setting up a work shop .

Saturday we be moving into the new house, air con to fitted in next Thursday, looking forward to the shift a new begging and fresh start.

Tony from down under keeping on moving ahead .

20191202_150642.jpg

20191202_150731.jpg

20191129_111046.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Dean, the shifting went well, we are now settled in the new house, just had air con fitted today ,going to need it next week 41 degrees on Tuesday.

Camdale is now in its new home, be there for some time, be waiting till it cools down, I e starting a new thread in the planning thread , be nearly a complete new design, I have on got 30 9 inches to play with width wise. The two approach modules be completely rebuilt so I can fit in the station complex, have started drawing a small plan to see how the modules to scale far ok, the length still  be 54 feet long,and bridge be  further down  hopefully where the yard is flat.

The new shed is  a lot bigger to what I had in the old address , is 3m x 3m , two opening doors, now I can have a good work bench to one side, be where the the box is, I will scrap the old wooden one .

Tony from down under keeping on moving ahead.

20191212_173046.jpg

• Like 2

Glad to hear the move went okay and you've got settle in Tony. Have you got the grass cut yet?

I can only begin to imagine how 'hot' it's going to get inside that shed if the outside temp is forecast to be 41 degrees next week! You'll probably need both those doors open.

Looking forward to seeing what this new chapter brings.

Edited by mick
changed 'it' to 'hot'

Thank's Mick , year move went well, yesterday to celebrate the first week at the new house I  whipper snipped  and mowed the grass, very easy to mow, didn't do that ill after tea when it was cooler.

Great idea, I will open the shed doors tomorrow that is for sure going to be hotter  43 degrees ouch, got a new work bench for Christmas, wife said I can put it together tomorrow will have to wait after tea, will pull the  old wooden one down , need the legs to raise the  second row of DVD's up higher to the ones in the front.

Yeah going to take a while before I start work on the new layout construction, will have to be when it starts cooling down, only one day at 33 degrees this week be back up to 40 degrees Friday, January being the hottest month,  that is when the humidity comes in won't help either and no rain in site, send us some rain be awesome.

Tony from down under keeping moving ahead.

• Like 1

Hi Griff, great to see you pop in, I have moved to a smaller place, sadly it isn't as wide as I had it, so have to lose a module and rebuild the approach module which will be a  corner module, have being doing some plan scratching and coming along, measured the new pergola not as big as what we had,. House is still facing north south but I have to have the station complex facing east west to keep the station under cover . I be starting a new thread , here is a couple of pics of the pergola area where the station complex be going, the  layout will go down the fence line, haven't measured the length of the layout as yet,, the layout will follow the fence line, will be screwing in shelving brackets , hope the bridge be where it is flat.

The grass is coming back slowly, tomorrow I be working on the fitting the  weather station to the fence,  and pulling down the wooden work bench , shouted my self a new work  bench, the shed is  3m x 3m ,much bigger the one I had at the old address.

Merry Christmas Griff .

Tony from hot down under keeping on moving ahead.

001.jpg

002.jpg

• Like 1

Hello Tony,  I hope all goes well as you move into the new house, and that you will have a great Christmas and brighter prospects for the New Decade.  As you are about 12 hours ahead of us here in England, it's just about Christmas already for you folk.  And I wish you good luck with adapting the plans for those railway modules to fit the new accommodation.  Looking forward to seeing you running some trains in the New Year.  All the best,  Andrew

holly.gif.b2da31a5b3734a206faf358145efae6f.gif

HI Andrew, many thanks for the kind words,  yes the move went well and is behind us now, time to unwind .Yep spot on with the time difference  it is 10.21 pm here  and your 12.21 pm, still  time to catch shopping, I to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas, is it going to be a white Christmas.

WE got our wish with that badly wanted rain at long last, and out west is getting the rain too,  pretty heavy rain over night and today, settled the dust and ashes down to give our fire fighters a long wanted rest, still not out of the woods yet.

The new house has a 3m x 3m garden shed, I sealed half yesterday , the other half leaked , that is the next job, have to drag out all the modules and curved sections so I can blow dry the shed's frame base , so I can finish of the doing it with concrete and metal silicone, messy job .

it was a nice afternoon , not to hot for a change, in the low 30's for the rest of the week.

Yeah well sadly I be losing one module, the approach module become the corner spiral module and corner module at the other end ,  station be  facing east west now, have started doing a bit of scratching  on the module track plan.

Love that pic, have a great Christmas from  down under  keeping on moving ahead 

• 3 weeks later...

Happy new year to everyone, a sad day I will be closing down this thread down since we have moved, time to start a new thread and new name since Camdale has moved to a new home, I want to thank everyone for there feed back from 2014 to 2020, so I will see everyone on the new thread called Camdale's new home . 

Bye to the new thread, Tony from cloudy hot down under keeping on moving ahead.