Camdale layout

aussietmrail

Decided to redraw the station complex module complex and made sure the plan was facing the right way this time, thing about replanning the main line so it is continues running from one platform to another had that on the module layout.

image.php?mode=medium&album_id=89&image_id=2749&display=popupgaller ... play=popuphttp://www.oogardenrailway.co.uk/gallery/image.php?mode=medium&album_id=89&image_id=2749&display=popup' alt='URL>'>

Griff I have been working on a DD35/B loco at the stage of filling in all gaps ready for painting and that loco has duel motors too, that will give me five locos of that class, would of been ten locos all up

Tony :D:):mrgreen:

Here is some pics of my Special addition Flying Scot at my train club, not happy and not going to buy any more locos off eBay, had a lot of trouble with the water tender coming decoupling and the loco wouldn't pull 9 coaches up the clubs spiral, I think I stripped the gears, will look at it in a couple of days, hopping its the big gears that just needs replacing.

Ran my second Flying Scot and it pulled 7 coaches ok could of pulled 8 but wasn't game, a bit of a set back in the seconde powered tender project.

Got some more pics to resize and load onto my gallery and post.

Tony.

001 a.jpg

002 A.jpg

004 a.jpg

005 a.jpg

Hi Robert,

Year I was disappointed what happened should of only tried a few at one, should be able to replace the gears, will\look at the tender today and have a spare tender drive I can get the gears out of.

Here is a couple of pics of my favourite NR Ghan loco running number109 loco was on the first Ghan passenger train to Darwin from Adelaide when the new extension from Alice Springs to Darwin was opened in 2004.

Not a good pic of the container train moving should of used the digital SLR camera, used the phone camera, going to set up a couple of more station modules today get some better pics.

Tony.

001 a.jpg

003 ab.jpg

The passenger train is my model of the famous Indian Pacific, you lose so much pic quality when resizing the pics and another NR in my fleet of NR's got 6 of them, NR28 with the Indian Pacific logo and the eagle wings the loco I named after Port Augusta a big railroad town in South Australia, I don't think the IP stops in Port Augusta now.

http://www.oogardenrailway.co.uk/gallery/image.php?mode=medium&album_id=89&image_id=2793&display=popup

My IP has all up 16 passenger cars plus one auto carrier and two NR class locos, the train just fits on my platform one which is 15 feet long a foot longer than platform one Sydney Central 14 foot long to HO scale.

Where the last carriage is there is another module, all up 4 modules in a row to make up the length of the station complex and joining the main line, I will also have at the end of platform one a auto loading platform.

http://www.oogardenrailway.co.uk/gallery/image.php?mode=medium&album_id=89&image_id=2795&display=popup

http://www.oogardenrailway.co.uk/gallery/image.php?mode=medium&album_id=89&image_id=2794&display=popup

The Indian Pacific NR running number is 28.. :D:):P;):roll::mrgreen:

Would love to see a vidoe of that running on your club layout. Now lads and lasses take note, that is what you call a proper length train even if its diesel hauled.

Somewhere buried away I've got 14 Bachmann MK1 Pullman coaches and last time I had them all out and running it was being hauled by a steam loco from the GWR, King George V, 6000, in Br steam blue. A Hornby tender drive loco. I have however added extra weight to the tender drive unit to give it better traction. Somthing that's worth thinking about doing if like me you have a few tender drive loco's that seem to slip a tad when trying to haul a rake of coaches. Just don't add to much lead though.

Ian

Griff, that is the normal size consist for the Indian Pacific on off peak holiday time consist is 24 coaches, the train has to be split up on platform two and three, I cold make up that size train be pretty long, the two locos the train is pretty close to 17 feet long my train is .

When the train gets to Adelaide I think they add on more coaches, as it is all flat going to Perth,. longest straight stretch of railroad in the world.

That was an awesome but sad link you started off in real trains on that Boeing 737 train derailment.

I am, actually modelling those 737 fuselages for a flat wagon load, you got me back into finishing the project off, today I was working on the centre cradle that the fuselage bolts onto will; finish it tomorrow , then there is the front cradle ad the front metal frame to protect the fuselage, made the first fuselage out of cardboard, next one will be pit styrene, the cardboard made the painting too dark.

Thinking about keeping your thread alive or starting a new one once I finish the fuselage what do you think. :?::?:

Ian be waiting a while for that one, be awesome coming up on the spiral too, those Bachmann MK1 coaches look good had a look on the net, be pretty impressive site with that loco you are talking about.

Tony

Thanks Griff, can I add to the thread name plus the 737 model or what you think :?: .

I can edit the thread name on my post but you will have to change yours :idea:

The two latest brake and parcels van, not a 100% happy with the parcels van but the brake van is pretty close to the maroon colour of the you model railway village coaches, pity never will be able to run the full length train of 11 cars at my train club unless it is a quiet running day and I have the second power tender working, be awesome, be a long while before I will be able to run any train on my layout.

The brake van does have a slightly darker roof to the coaches, may be I should of looked a Bachmann branch line to see if their maroon coaches were closer to the matching colour, then again I have seen pics of British trains with different coloured coaches not al matching the same colour, on the wish list to buy a British diesel, which class.

You can notice too on the weather screen that it is 18 degrees and quite blowy outside and in August the winds are westerlies and stronger and pretty cold too.

Tony. ;):)

001 a.jpg

002 a.jpg

003 a.jpg

Hi Robert, thanks of course the seller said the parcels van was weathered and what a great idea could weather the your model railway village coaches to dull them a bit so the paint wont be as bright as they are. do have an air gun and will have to buy those compressed air cans, don't have a compressor, the small hobby ones are too dear to buy, and cheap ones are too noisy. :idea::idea:

Can't wait till it starts to warm up again the weather bloke I saying there is a change bringing some wanted rain in after the weekend, cold morning again down to zero, good excuse to get stuck into some projects I have on the go..

Griff got me back into completing my 737 fuselage train load project after posting a new post to do with Boeing train derailment not far from him, I will be adding to it with my 737 fuselage project, plan to build 6 737 fuselages plus the special Boeing wagons, make a long train as the wagon the fuselage sit on are 89 footers.

tony

Most manufacturers have no idea what the other is doing for paint of the same model. I suppose these days it isn't so bad with all the new color management tools available. Still, batches of paint are going to be slightly off from each other if the model is older as those look to be.

Even silver paint between two makers can be very different. But having looked at a lot of pictures of Rio Grande zephyrs, I can attest to the cars themselves weathering differently and having slightly different shades. I would agree with Robert, don't sweat it too much.

Hi Griff, Yeah I agree to that one about different painting on different coaches, they never agree on, Union Pacific Kato has a different yellow to Con-Cor as I have rake of 9 coaches and bought a Business car from Kato and it is a different shade of yellow will have to wait till when the new Bachmann DD40AX arrives finely from Amazon to see if their yellow colour will match with Con-Cor.

Can I add to the name of the post you put in on Real Railways, want to post some of his pics but I will have to ask my friend if I can go ahead.

Cold again this morning earlier -3c, going to be a nice day 24 degrees, got to do some work in the garden.

Tony

Here is a couple of pics of what I have been working on my latest project a Boeing 737 fuselage as a flat wagon load, something different and which is quite common in America.

The 737 fuselage is built in Wishart Kanas and transported by rail to Seattle, that will be coming to an end as Boeing I closing their factory in Wishart, a hell a lot of history been built since before WW2, B29 was built there.

At the moment I am working on the cradle that the fuselage bolts onto the wagon, have already built a fuselage in 87 scale a 737 700 series fuselage out of 1mm cardboard, pics to follow once the two cradles have been built, here is a close up of the middle cradle, will be starting up another thread of this project will let everyone know.

And yes I got permission from my friend to post theses pics :P:D:)

A lot of work ahead, plan to build 6 Fuselages, did build 737 900 series fuselage but it was far too long for my clubs layout was swinging out too wide on the tight curves, I will be building the 800 series, not sure about the 900 and do plan to build 757 fuselage which was the same in width of the 737 but a lot longer and the special wagons that make up the Boeing train.

Tony

060528 017 a.jpg

081225 022 a.jpg

Those cars look a lot like truck transport cars that have been modified. Search for trailer train and you should see plenty of them.

Hmmm... this is an interesting load, wind turbines.

wind%20mill%20blades3.jpg

Not sure what you mean by using my name, but feel free to link me. It's not my real name on my account so no worries.