Firstlight Railway

crepello

Nice video. The thing I notice most on the garden videos is how despite being low detail we get a very real railway effect; your tunnels and the entire straight section to your terminal look great in the train cam video.

hmmm... I think Walthers makes a rotary dumper for coal cars, I mean birdseed wagons.... ha ha

• 2 years later...

Just came across this video on Youtube this evening so I thought I'd add it here for everyone to see. One of the most natural outdoor OO gauge lines I have seen.

Haven't seen Crepello for some time but I trust he won't mind me adding the link.

An absolute inspiration, and as you say Mick, so natural looking. Amazing that the track is not fastened down. Are temperatures fairly constant in that part of France? I would expect cold winters and hot summer days would wreak havoc in England without fastening down.

I've watched this video, amongst others, countless times and, along with Trevor Jones' amazing Great Wakering, was what turned my interest from a few smouldering embers to an outright inferno!! A fantastic railway you have there! Hats off to you sir!!!

Riddles said:

An absolute inspiration, and as you say Mick, so natural looking. Amazing that the track is not fastened down. Are temperatures fairly constant in that part of France? I would expect cold winters and hot summer days would wreak havoc in England without fastening down]

Yeah amazing that he hasn't got his track bed fastened down with the summers over there in France, it's the same over here in down under we have very extreme summers and cold winters, not as cold as England. That is what happened to Roys layout form NSW the hot humid summers played havoc with the timber, hope he is planned another layout .

This is why I went for a module out door railway for, takes a lot longer to build but worth it, be easy to set up, all the modules will be coded and wiring plug and play. We are still having hot days very here in the mid 30's and afternoons quite humid, my shirt was wet from sweating while working on one of the modules that connects the station modules with the spiral, aiming for June for the first test loco .

Mick I can only put on one quote, tried to add Baimors reply and riddles came up again, I do have windows 10 now and have noticed up the top is different now as well, not use if that is good or bad, windows 10 was forced, Microsoft has being pushing windows 10 for a while . I went away from the lap top for a while and win-10 started down loading, too much trouble to change back to win-8.1.

Yeah agree what Baimor is saying it was his videos and Micks first layout videos that gave me the idea of switching to an outdoor layout, no big legs to worry about, pure awesome. Oh year my newsagent finely got in that January Hornby mag with a DVD in it that has Trevor Jones's Great Wakering , a must mag to get, well worth, he got to test run a lot of new locos coming out as well.

Crepello keep the videos coming they awesome.

Tony from down under