A post on a post.

jonblakeney

Hi jonblakeney, what a big disappointment that Athearn has discontinued the big boy was going to buy one down the track but the closest I will get to one is Revel kit of the big boy and boy what challenge that was gluing together .

I still have a fair bit more detailed paining to do and the decals to put before finishing, is planned from my diorama on Kennefick Park Nebraska, also bought Bachman's DD40AX 6900 which has DCC on board, does run well on DC too.

Will be looking forward to seeing big boy 4014 running on your outdoor layout, UP has started pulling big boy 4014 down the big long rebuilding program.

Tony.

Hi Jon, very nice, looks good 4014 on the diorama . even better on your out door layout can't wait, the weather has been pretty good in SEQLD, peaked 30 degrees today, hope that doesn't mean we are going to have a stinking hot summer again.

Do you want to see a video clip of a friend at my train club AMRA QLD branch pulled 107 freight cars with two Athearn Big Boys and the leading big boy was 4014, is with sound too.

I am glad I didn't glue the front walkway platform down so I can get to those swing bars and straighten them up as the big boy kit is learning over a bit, not straight.

Oh Yeah, :lol: got a great sunny day on Sunday arvo,so Here are two of the days offerings.

The guy next door is power tool crazy,every time I tried to film the Big Boy he would fire up a saw or sander :evil:

Enjoy.

Jon

http://youtu.be/2KuI7xNA-0s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://youtu.be/UcN0WyoA5ms" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pure awesome Jon, sounds like the neighbour was competing or being a pain.

Yeah it was a perfect weekend up here too so I made the most of it and finished modelling my first dirt road, turned out pretty good on my Tehachapi loop tunnel module, still heaps more detail to add,

Here is the you tube link of my friends big boy 4014 double heading with another big boy awesome site, enjoy

Tony.

Hi Jon, you can go to my thread called Camdale layout and go to page 13, glad you liked the video on my friends big boys, one day I will get one of those locos, but before that want to get UP's FEF 4-8-4 steamy 844 running numbers has the same size tender as the big boys, to double head with my DD40AX 6900, got three of those locos now.

Also have another link o can check out on Boeing737 fuselage train, will be working on a 757fuselage too for a train load and down the track looking at modelling a wind turbine transported by rail, will be only transporting two wind turbines as that will be pretty long train with the blades and the base the turbine sits on.

image.php?album_id=90&image_id=3104image.php?album_id=90&image_id=3104http://www.oogardenrailway.co.uk/gallery/image.php?album_id=90&image_id=3104' alt='URL>'>

They are huge going by the size of my friends car, I will be buying two HO scale kits quicker way to go in stead of having to scratch build them.

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jon, Thanks for the video clip on your big boy in action and you got to do a bit of acting too, awesome stuff.

Yeah I did a search for the wind farm at Crookwell didn't know they were there and another 46 planned, great to hear, I will have a look to see if we have them in QLD, only thought Canberra had them.

Being busy working on the TL tunnel 9 module, coming along nicely and back into my other hobby woodturning, working on doing pen kits at the moment , five to turn , done two already, have my own lathe, not a dear one at the bottom of the range, does I can turn, getting good timber to turn is a challenge for non-think, that is any good and straight timber.

Tony.

Hi Tony ,can you run trains on the module,that is ,are they powered up yet :?: Speaking of turning,a mate of mine turns his own drum sticks,he saves a small fortune.

I finally got around to painting all the posts ,sure looks a lot better now,I chose a colour to match the rusty steel angle :oops:

Hi Jon, Glad you liked the you tube link on the friends big boy running on the club layout, if you want to see how my dirt roads turned out go to my Camdale layout at the bottom of this post on past 13 and 14.

Hopefully get back into the layout module I am working this weekend, having a hot week this week, Wednesday is peaking 35 degrees in Ipswich, probably be a couple of degree hotter at our place, what's the weather being link in Sydney.

Have you got to download video clips onto you tube to put video on the forum.

Tony.

Hi Jon, awesome video clips can't wait to finely run my first train up the Tehachapi loop, going to set up a you tube account today so I can start uploading video clips taken from the new iPhone 6, takes awesome video and could set it up on a depressed centre flat wagon or modify an old loco, the first one will of the lorikeets having a free feed.

I saw some of the video clips of you doing magician stuff , how long have you been doing that for, love the trick with the walking stick, awesome stuff, does your wife help you out on some of them.

Been busy working on the second module that slides into the tunnel module of the TL, once I get past working on the cutting close to the tunnel entrance the rest of the cutting ill be easy and there will be an access road to the flange oilers which I will be modelling also, have some pics of them in post my, on the last two pages.