A post on a post.

jonblakeney

Hi Jon, that video clip is pure awesome would of taken you some time to upload to you tube, have you got NBN, we still not connected as yet, but will switch to NBN when it is as their upload speeds are 45MB's , our upload speeds is only 2MB's a second on HFC copper broadband Optus.

Our download speed are 100MB's a second, takes well over half an hour with 2mb's a second to upload 5 minutes..

What's the plan with your layout now adding any balding and scenery.

Now I have finished the woodturning project be back into my layout construction, thinking of asking Lions up here to help speed up with modifying some of the modules to speed up the construction.

Tony from very cold SEQLD :|:(

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Very nice indeed Jon, have you double headed the cab forward and Big Boy be an awesome site to see  both locos pulling a long coal train be out of my reach unless I win the lotto.

I am poring my money into competing of my layout not far away now mainly plugs wiring and track, over time I bough a whole box of track, costing me $20 more, every time I am up in North Ipswich I drop into the hobby shop and buy some track, will need some more points and a diamond cross over to complete stage one of the station module complex, just got one more curve decking to cut out now and the massive bridge decking to start on.

Do you have any plans of extending your layout.

I payed Sydney a visit last October on my way home from seeing the War museum in Canberra, got a train to Sydney was an awesome trip 3 hours and lots of tunnels counted 11 that be big task modelling that line, I only had a couple of hours at Sydney Central to take lots of pics, need to come back for a couple of days, I ask if I could take pics and the circuity said yes go for it..

You can see a lot  of pics on SC on my post.

Tony from SE/QLD keeping on moving ahead.

Morning Jon, awesome video  of 4014 and that is some sound decoder as well with the crew talking makes it so real would drive the neighbours nuts if I had the Big Boy, my TGV set Mehano sound card have talking before the train leaves the station, my TGV has DCC on board.

Didn't have enough time but I am hopping to come back down to Sydney for another visit with my wife as well for a few days to see all the sites and pay you a visit , I only have wo locos with DCC good thing is they both can run on DC.

Yeah my layout is coming along slowly like to speed the construction up but best taking my time don't want to stuff it after all that work, wiring taking up most oft he time, I doing the bus wiring so it is a just a matter switching over to DCC when that day comes, thinking of getting Digitrak that has twenty locos

Woodturning today turning two pen kits got o keep up the woodturning skills turning a weather station for my brothers 70th birthday.

If we have time I want to visit Roy in the Blue Mountains.

Tony

Happy Easter Jon, pure awesome the afternoon run video clips of your big boys and cab forward steamies, I am on the con to by Athearn's  UP FEF 4-8-4, 844 steamie make a nice Christmas present indeed.

My layout is coming along slowly working on the front spiral corner module yesterday and today. while waiting for the grass to dry out, I have 36vot battery tools and the mower doesn't like wet grass.

Tony

• Like 1

• 1 month later...