A post on a post.

jonblakeney

You guest it, another post on a post. :lol:

It's Saturday here and it has stopped raining just long enough to plant post # 8. :D

That's enough for now as the three beers I have drunk are starting to kick in. ;)

I think I will just watch the mortar dry on post 8 and drink some more beer.

life is good.

Jon.

23112013148.jpg

Wrong side of Aus for me. Got relatives that live Perth area, tother side of the continent. Last time I was in Aus was back in the early 70's.

A picture of this beer would have been better than just alking about it :D , as its making me thirsty.

Time for another cuppa tea, as I can't drink due to medication. Damn and blast it :(

Ian

:oops: Yeah your right Roddy :lol: I fix that .

Todays post is on a post on a post that is not yet planted,so some might call it an outpost?

This pre mentioned post is post # 9 (not the Beatles song off the White album) but a post that is to be positioned

in an area that is over grown with greenery (think African Queen) and needs to be cleared buy the one man track gang (me)this arvo .

See photo below

25112013151.jpg

:D Hi It's me again

A post on a pile of posts that have been posted so far,nine in all.

This shot shows the work completed so far and gives a better view of the path the tracks will be taking.

The track will turn back towards the house just in front of the path seen here that goes to our clothsline that will complete

the oval.There will be a branch line some time in the future after the first one is up and running . ;)

27112013154.jpg

STOP PRESS; :D (copyed from my in the planning stage area)

This is my 49th post on a post,and todays post is about a post thats not unlike a late race horse, :?: and thats to say that post # 11 has finally come in, planted .(the crowd roars) :lol: Only two more posts needed # 12 and # 13 to complete the circut then I can start work on the road bed.thats it for todays post -------------------------over and out.

Jon.

05122013157.jpg

05122013158.jpg

Good to hear that you're getting close to completing the posts Jon. I was just about to ask how many more you had to do and then noticed you'd just told us. I've not read back through everyone's threads since my enforced absence from the forum but I don't recall seeing that you'd added a track plan. Once you begin adding the track boards then I'm sure it'll all be self-explanatory. Keep meaning to ask about the cross but not sure if anyone's already done so?

Hi Mick the track plan is just an wonky oval ,which has been done by eye,the corners plotted using my garden hose, lol. :lol:

The Cross was originaly bought because my wife liked it and thought it would look good somewhere it the garden. :?

Little did we know it would be used to mark a grave,6 months after buying it (the cross ,not the cat) our cat (the wifes cat) was taken out by cancer. :cry:

so -x-markes the spot where it is becoming fertalizer.Post #11 was planted a little close for comfort,Im just glad I didn't hear ghostly meow's while planting it,the post that is lol.

Jon

-

Hi Jon it's good to see another aussie bloke having a go at putting in a garden railway. I thought I was the only one. So nice to see a collapsible washing line, colourbond fence, and a bloody big lump of sandstone. I have those too but they usually end up on the end of my mattock.

What gauge are you using O, OO/HO?

We certainly have had some rain of late and although a bugger when it comes to putting in a garden railway, we certainly needed it.

Roy.