DERWENT VALLEY INDOOR RAILWAY (OO)

DVIR

I've got a railway - it’s indoor and it's in the environs of the Derwent Valley. I hope to show some pictures of it - perhaps some videos too. One day I'll get round to doing the garden thing. I'm inspired by the conventional magnificence of Mick's work - especially the bridges - but I am also inspired by the craziness of the Weekender method of doing things.

Hi DVIR

Get AL FRESCO and GO FOR IT. On a serious note (i don't do serious very often) if you can go out side then do it, it gives you more space for those scale length trains that we all dream about but can't get inside. Just picture your favourite class of loco heading a string of coaches through rolling scenery, all of your own making MASTER OF ALL YOU SURVEY , and perhaps join inside to outside unless it's in the loft.Hope I ain't rocked the boat. Regards Mick.

By the way whats your name I felt a bit like applying for road tax when I started typing. No offence I hope.

• 8 months later...

There is that moment of feeling like you've discovered something new. Going into the garden is much like getting into a swimming pool; it's best if you jump right in. ;)

Good to see you joining our group. I'd love to see pictures of the indoor layout as I am a fan of all scales, outline, and locations.