dynamis in a garden

silverking

Thanks for that. Think (Hope!) I have traced it to a point, removed it and everything seemed ok but am not convinced and can't see anything obvious . I do have a second Dynamis control box, and may swop them over in case there's a problem there

• 1 month later...

Hi 

Having had a Dynamis for the last couple of years I agree that the IR sensors don't really do the job when your outside, especially in the sunshine. This being the case I'm thinking of investing in the new Gaugemaster DCC06 WIFI set up. Only problem is that it states the output is only 1.6 amps. Does anybody know if this will be enough to use on a garden railway? My layout is a long oval which stretches the length of my garden with a couple of sidings and a passing loop. I rarely run more than 3 locos at a time so I don't think 1.6 amps will be stretched with only that many locos running at a time but my concern is the power drop with the length of track it needs to travel through.

Has anyone had any experience with this Gaugemaster system?

Any help would be most appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/07/2019 at 05:34, PaulM381 said:

Has anyone had any experience with this Gaugemaster system?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Hi Paul. Sorry, only just seen your post.

I use the Prodigy Advance 2 system and have done so for a long time without any problems through power drop. I had thought of adding the WiFi module myself but just never got round to it. However, the Advance 2 is 3.5 amps so I assume you're thinking of the Prodigy Express with its 1.6 amp output?

I'm not sure just how much of a problem power drop is or can be. I've had several DCC sound locos running at once and never noticed any problems.

I have read somewhere that you can use the power supply for the Advance 2  (DCC63) on the Prodigy Express so that would give you 3.5 amps. Trouble is it looks like they're difficult to find just now but at rrp of £27.95 it's worth considering should you need to expand.