Bachmann 2013/2014 Programme

chris

I'm picking up bits and bobs about the new bachmann range, their web site isn't overly helpful.

One thing I spotted was that they have made improvements to the 150 Sprinter DMU the key thing being that the motor no longer takes up all the space in the motor car. The new model has a full interior seat layout in both cars. More importantly for me I've just found it listed on the Rails site as 150 204 in Northern Rail livery. That'll do nicely.

Just spotted they are doing a MK2f, one of the most requested models of the last couple of years.

They are even doing the DBSO which allowed Scotrail to do push pull trains with 47/7s. No sign of a Network Rail version (which I'm after) but I imagine that Model Rail will be on the phone trying to commission one, they've done a lot of Network Rail specials in recent years.

One can dream.

Yes, some nice additions to the coaching stock range in the announcement but other than that it looks pretty quiet. Not that I'm complaining in any way, there's still an awful lot of items that we haven't seen from last years announcement yet - plenty to be going on with for sure. However, I have a feeling we haven't seen everything just yet; there's bound to be some surprises in store.

It is a shame that Bachmann are a little ambiguous with some of their livery detail - eg, I'm quite excited at the prospect of some decent Mk2F coaches (even if they have missed out 1 or 2 types that we really want...) but just describing a livery as InterCity, isnt quite good enough these days - which version is it going to be? And the long awaited re-release of more Mk2A TSO's in Network South East livery - which version of NSE is it going to be? I will have to hold off my pre-orders until such basic information is forthcoming :roll:

ba14eagle said:

It is a shame that Bachmann are a little ambiguous with some of their livery detail ....I will have to hold off my pre-orders until such basic information is forthcoming :roll:

Perhaps they want you to purchase their catalogue? :shock:

• 4 weeks later...

For me there's a 64xx 0-6-0 Pannier Tank and a Hawksworth Auto Coach. In my opinion two models that are long over due. Now if we could just have a 94xx Pannier Tank. In fact with Bachmann having made in recent years a Jinty and 9F, with a 94xx they could put out a limited addition 'Lickey Banking Set' Perhaps a Big Bertha 0-10-0 would be too much to hope for, but then again why not indeed. Some would say Big Bertha was not preserved so it would be hard to make. Yes but no K3 survived into preservation and Bachmann has those in it's catalog.

Roy.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

MK1 KITCHEN CAR

With all the resturant cars and RMB's knocking about a kitchen car would be nice. Do all our passengers have to make do with fast food or take sarnies and a bottle of fizzy pop.Come on Messers Hornby/Bachmann or any other maker get your fingers out and CATER for every thing.

Regards Mick.

• 1 year later...

21 months form announcement to delivery. On December 23rd I collected my Northern Rail 150204.

As to be expected from Bachmann, it's an excellent model. At first look I have no plans to upgrade it. The only thing I needed to do was add a DCC decoder. The inter-coach connector has electrical connections so one chip will drive the lights at both ends and the headlight, marker lights and taillights all work as prototype. The interior coach lights are on all the time. There aren't any cab lights or door warning lights, but I can live with that due to the high quality of the model.